Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471865 times)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1925 on: November 28, 2021, 01:38:38 PM »
My preferred choice would be for Moloumby and Mowatt to be given a good run.

I'm not talking about who is the better player,  I'm pointing out that there's clear differences in how individual performances are judged.  Can you imagine the vitriol of Livermore had given the goal away like Mowatt did? You can't genuinely tell me that you think the reactions would have been the same?

Fair play I like that.  Livermore has been afforded so many opportunities this season, opportunities not given to other players.

As the season has unfolded, the commitment to 3 CB's and a lack of goals mean we should be seriously be questioning  the logic of Livermore as an automatic pick?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1926 on: November 28, 2021, 01:58:17 PM »
I don't have issues with Livermore like some but I do think he'd suit a midfield 3 much better now , simply hasn't got the legs for a midfield 2 ....certainly not 2 or 3 games in 7 days.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1927 on: November 28, 2021, 02:00:32 PM »
I don't have issues with Livermore like some but I do think he'd suit a midfield 3 much better now , simply hasn't got the legs for a midfield 2 ....certainly not 2 or 3 games in 7 days.

Exactly this.

Mowatt and Molumby you can have in a midfield 2, no one else.  When Snodgrass / Livermore was tried it was ridiculous!!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1928 on: November 28, 2021, 02:06:07 PM »

I’m with you in that my midfield would consist of the three of them.

I don’t think that’s a possibility going forwards as we would have nobody beneath them such is our shortage of numbers.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1929 on: November 28, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
Dont think it really matters whether we are for or against JL..I will almost guarantee that he comes straight back into the starting line up with the Captains Armband... the Manager rates him and thats all that counts..

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1930 on: November 29, 2021, 07:50:35 PM »
I honestly don't know why the previous posts were removed - There was nothing outrageous in my post, nor the response of the others to my post - If the members of this board can't allow an opinion to be posted - then why are we here - Not everything will be a happy clappy topic

Still waiting for someone to advocate the case for Livermore to not be moved on as soon as is viable - awful player, poor captain.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1931 on: November 29, 2021, 07:58:26 PM »
I honestly don't know why the previous posts were removed - There was nothing outrageous in my post, nor the response of the others to my post - If the members of this board can't allow an opinion to be posted - then why are we here - Not everything will be a happy clappy topic

Still waiting for someone to advocate the case for Livermore to not be moved on as soon as is viable - awful player, poor captain.

You have a problem with anything then pm a member of the mod/admin team instead of moaning in the topic.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1932 on: November 29, 2021, 08:07:21 PM »
We have had 41 shots in last 2 matches without JL. Why do you need a defensive midfielder in Livermore when we have 3 CB's and the strikers confidence is shot?

Mowatt is a better attacking and defensive midfielder than Livermore and has far more energy.

We are fine at stopping the opposition from scoring, that's not the point, it's about finding extra guile.  Livermore will provide hurly burly by little else.

Didn’t we have similar shots totals when he played in the previous games???

For the record Livermore cracks a few of those shots even if they don’t always come off

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1933 on: November 29, 2021, 08:09:26 PM »
I’ve no issue with Livermore, I think he deserves a place myself. Currently.

Would I like to see him upgraded…absolutely.

But I’ve no issue with him though

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1934 on: November 30, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »
I honestly don't know why the previous posts were removed.........Still waiting for someone to advocate the case for Livermore to not be moved on as soon as is viable - awful player, poor captain.

Didn't see the posts before they were removed but has anyone actually suggested he should be given a contract extension? For myself I honestly believe he's become a go to figure for abuse and often comes in for undue criticism.

Yes he makes mistakes but I'm just amazed at some of the stuff he gets blamed for while Mowatt for instance often gets a free pass. At the same time his detractors rarely acknowledge when he's actually done something good or had a decent game.

It's like a default setting. Jake isn't always the problem yet he's an easy target for derision. We all know he isn't a world beater but at the same time he isn't always at fault either, yet collective failures are almost always laid solely at his feet.

For the record, no, I am not advocating we retain his services. It's time for a reset. We need someone more mobile, able to play on the turn and more consistent. Are we going to get that with Jake's wages off the bill? Possibly but I honestly have no idea who is available for his role and on a free.

Let's face it, we probably won't be paying much of a tranfer fee on an up and coming replacement. Again, that's not an excuse to keep him. For me we shouldn't have offered contract extensions to Bartley, Furlong or Phillips either.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1935 on: December 01, 2021, 11:33:02 PM »
Didn’t we have similar shots totals when he played in the previous games???

For the record Livermore cracks a few of those shots even if they don’t always come off

I don’t think he’s had a single shot on target this season, some truly incredibly bad efforts from him. There was one match at home in which he miss kicked a shot with his right foot well wide but the ball hit their player and bounced back to him and then his miss kicked it with his left foot wide.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1936 on: December 02, 2021, 12:11:13 AM »
In fairness I think even Jake would suggest he could and probably should have bagged at least three so far this season.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1937 on: December 02, 2021, 08:22:19 AM »
He’s currently our player of the season according to the polls we do…

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1938 on: December 02, 2021, 08:23:23 AM »

:-X

Sad indictment of the eyesight of our members right there.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1939 on: December 02, 2021, 11:42:57 AM »
:-X

Sad indictment of the eyesight of our members right there.

On the other hand.......... ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1940 on: December 02, 2021, 11:57:06 AM »

Deservedly man of the match from a poll of two with Matt Phillips the only other potential candidate from memory. How many more times has he been voted man of the match then?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1941 on: December 02, 2021, 12:06:08 PM »
I don’t think he’s had a single shot on target this season

You keep saying this and it's massively untrue.  I've even pointed it out in the match day threads.  This is just selective memory.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1942 on: December 02, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »
You keep saying this and it's massively untrue.  I've even pointed it out in the match day threads.  This is just selective memory.

Four on target out of twenty apparently. Nine blocked. Seven off target. Expected goals 2.52. Actual goals nowt.

https://www.infogol.net/en/player/jake-livermore/1052

(No idea how reliable that site is though).

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1943 on: December 02, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »
Four on target out of twenty apparently. Nine blocked. Seven off target. Expected goals 2.52. Actual goals nowt.

https://www.infogol.net/en/player/jake-livermore/1052

(No idea how reliable that site is though).
there stats are wrong red cards is zero when it should be two so how can you trust rest of figures?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1944 on: December 02, 2021, 12:36:54 PM »

Can you point back to a single shot on target from him in any league game this season? The closest he got was an open goal away at Blackburn in which he hit the bar from six yards out and then Mowatt then scored a screamer in the same phase of play from the edge of the box - sums up the difference.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1945 on: December 02, 2021, 12:43:14 PM »

What polls are these?

I'm not a Jake basher but he's nowhere near player of the season.

O'Shea was easily on top before he got injured and it was only a few games so he can't be ahead of the field now.

Townsend has to be in front. Matt Clarke next up.

I'd be surprised if many people have a different view. It seems clear to me.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1946 on: December 02, 2021, 12:48:35 PM »
What polls are these?

I'm not a Jake basher but he's nowhere near player of the season.

O'Shea was easily on top before he got injured and it was only a few games so he can't be ahead of the field now.

Townsend has to be in front. Matt Clarke next up.

I'd be surprised if many people have a different view. It seems clear to me.

I would agree with you: Townsend/Clarke/Johnstone/Mowatt.. in that order for me. It still saddens me though when some see Jake as the root of all evil when clearly he is not. I would hope that the last 2 games (when he has not played) have somewhat proved that point.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1947 on: December 02, 2021, 01:09:37 PM »
there stats are wrong red cards is zero when it should be two so how can you trust rest of figures?

I never stated those figures should be trusted nor that it was a reliable source of information. At any point.

If you scroll down to the collection of letters in brackets beneath the link, you could have read the following words:

(No idea how reliable that site is though)  ;) .

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1948 on: December 02, 2021, 03:53:07 PM »
I would agree with you: Townsend/Clarke/Johnstone/Mowatt.. in that order for me. It still saddens me though when some see Jake as the root of all evil when clearly he is not. I would hope that the last 2 games (when he has not played) have somewhat proved that point.

I would describe serial killers and dictators as the root of all evil. Livermore a close third - just kidding.

I still think we have looked better in the past couple of games without Livermore, only our inability to hit a barn door in front of goal that has cost us really. We certainly haven't missed his defensive attributes (two clean sheets without him) or attacking qualities (doesn't have any).

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1949 on: December 02, 2021, 06:12:41 PM »
I would describe serial killers and dictators as the root of all evil. Livermore a close third - just kidding.

I still think we have looked better in the past couple of games without Livermore, only our inability to hit a barn door in front of goal that has cost us really. We certainly haven't missed his defensive attributes (two clean sheets without him) or attacking qualities (doesn't have any).

That's correct, we've looked a slightly more cohesive unit without Livermore.

Any notion of a high press goes out of the window with the likes of Livermore, just not quick enough over 90 minutes play.

I'm surprised Ismael has persisted with Livermore for so long!