Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471952 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1575 on: February 22, 2021, 12:30:37 PM »
he played that role for Hull City when they had a lot of injuries and did well by all accounts, however we need real CH's playing there and both Ajayi and Bartley will be fine next season in the Championship, and we have O'Shea and Kipre as cover if needed.

Livermore can tackle it's Sawyers who can't/won't.

Livermore managed 5 assists for someone who can't pass or drive the team forward....4 more than Sawyers.

Sawyers might be able to pick a pass but it's usually 2 yds backwards or sideways. Also Sawyers is one of those players that often passes without looking (the own goal against Leeds being the one really obvious example of this).

We need to improve on both for next season.
Well we agree on that.

I won't argue with your stats but I say what I see and I can't remember any of Livermore's assists.
What I do remember his him repeatedly going in for tackles with no thought of actually retaining possession, just getting a foot in, mistiming tackles, misplacing 5 yard passes and hitting passes at waste height, because he doesn't have the composure to take the ball down so hit's it first time.

Sawyers is indeed worse in certain areas but I think, could still be an asset, with a better player alongside (Yokuslu) who would allow him to get further up the pitch where he could do more, and cause less, damage. Only in the Champ though, it would not work in the prem.

I don't think changing Livermore's partner makes any difference and that's the only reason I would go with Sawyers

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1576 on: February 22, 2021, 12:32:33 PM »
Livermore looked good last season playing with good players for that level.

If Livermore played alongside Gundogan and De Bruyne, Man City would still win most games!

I'm isolation he is not even a good Championship player.

Good job he plays in a team then!

Livermore is still a good Championship level player as I said before he'd get into most Championship sides midfields.

Do I want him with us in the Championship next season? No, I want us to improve on him and improving the midfield must be a priority.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1577 on: February 22, 2021, 12:37:36 PM »
If I were religious I would pray every time I go to bed that we don't have to suffer either of them next season.

We've got to be moving on from players like them.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1578 on: February 22, 2021, 12:46:05 PM »
Well we agree on that.

I won't argue with your stats but I say what I see and I can't remember any of Livermore's assists.
What I do remember his him repeatedly going in for tackles with no thought of actually retaining possession, just getting a foot in, mistiming tackles, misplacing 5 yard passes and hitting passes at waste height, because he doesn't have the composure to take the ball down so hit's it first time.

Sawyers is indeed worse in certain areas but I think, could still be an asset, with a better player alongside (Yokuslu) who would allow him to get further up the pitch where he could do more, and cause less, damage. Only in the Champ though, it would not work in the prem.

I don't think changing Livermore's partner makes any difference and that's the only reason I would go with Sawyers
provided much going forward.

He played a short pass to Austin for the equaliser at Blues, he played a pass to Diangana for the 4th goal against Hull, he also played  in Diangana against Cardiff, he played the cross that caused an own goal for us against Forest (Figueirido I think put it in) and he also laid off the freekick that got us an equaliser at Wigan.

Sometimes we only see what we want to see for example, I can't remember Sawyers having any really good games for us, I can't remember a game where he imposed himself or really contributed anything going forward.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1579 on: February 22, 2021, 12:46:37 PM »
If I were religious I would pray every time I go to bed that we don't have to suffer either of them next season.

Amen to that!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1580 on: February 22, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »
Nice to see a few more eyes being opened to how much of a waste of space this guy is. I've only been telling you all for going on 4 years  :D

Captain Fantastico my ****. (Unashamedly plagiarised Jim Royle).
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1581 on: February 22, 2021, 02:58:16 PM »
Never been as bad as some make out but the reality is despite being only 30 ish his mobility and change of pace has faded to the point of no return now . No issue with Jake , always tried his best and bought into the club .
For me you have to look higher to hand out some blame , like a few other Livermore's been declining for a few seasons now yet we hand out new contracts......

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1582 on: February 22, 2021, 03:23:19 PM »
Nice to see a few more eyes being opened to how much of a waste of space this guy is. I've only been telling you all for going on 4 years  :D

Very true! 
Hope you'll also be owning up to egging on for Karlan Grant to be signed up.  :D
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1583 on: February 22, 2021, 03:26:21 PM »
I certainly don't blame Livermore and I would never question his commitment to the cause and he has his moments - the goal v Hull for example - think that was last season.

Perhaps he is Championship level but for me, he's not the level that should be a permanent fixture in teams aiming for automatic promotion.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1584 on: February 22, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
Very true! 
Hope you'll also be owning up to egging on for Karlan Grant to be signed up.  :D

He was the only target, had to back the signing when it was him or nothing. This however is about JL.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1585 on: February 23, 2021, 12:58:19 PM »

He is not good enough for where we are now, fact. Neither was he as bad as some made out during the championship seasons. Given the passage of time though, he should be moved on when possible, even though we will be playing in the second tier again next season.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1586 on: February 23, 2021, 01:20:59 PM »

Well, as someone with a Christian belief, I think God has more important issues in the world than the fate of any football team!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1587 on: February 23, 2021, 01:22:54 PM »

Do you really want a list of the number of times you have been horribly wrong as well!
Baggie in Southampton

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1588 on: February 23, 2021, 02:01:38 PM »
Well, as someone with a Christian belief, I think God has more important issues in the world than the fate of any football team!

As someone with a Christian belief you know prayers aren't always answered. On the other hand if you don't ask you don't get. Surprising lack of effort from someone with the eternal love of the almighty in their heart. We know who to blame now and it's clearly not Lai, Dowling, Bilic or Allardyce. You need to up your game fella  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1589 on: February 23, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »
If he could sort global warming I'd gladly see Jake signed for life and playing into his 80's, to be fair.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1590 on: February 23, 2021, 02:32:22 PM »
Do you really want a list of the number of times you have been horribly wrong as well!

About players and managers, and not just throwaway match / league predictions? Good luck with that.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1591 on: February 23, 2021, 03:01:45 PM »
As someone with a Christian belief you know prayers aren't always answered. On the other hand if you don't ask you don't get. Surprising lack of effort from someone with the eternal love of the almighty in their heart. We know who to blame now and it's clearly not Lai, Dowling, Bilic or Allardyce. You need to up your game fella  ;) .
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3033111/God-doesn-t-care-wins-Jose-Mourinho-admits-prays-day-kids-wife-happiness-never-seeks-divine-intervention-football.html

Think you'll find Jose Mourinho backs up my view on this. ;)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1592 on: February 23, 2021, 03:18:59 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3033111/God-doesn-t-care-wins-Jose-Mourinho-admits-prays-day-kids-wife-happiness-never-seeks-divine-intervention-football.html

Think you'll find Jose Mourinho backs up my view on this. ;)

Who listens to what Mourinho has to say half of the time? Probably not even his wife and kids. Hardly a ringing endorsement for your slack approach to devine intervention. Tut tut........  ;) .

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1593 on: February 23, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »
About players and managers, and not just throwaway match / league predictions? Good luck with that.

Sam Johnstone for instance, Gibbs, Townsend, need I go on, I actually agree Livermore has got progressively worse in the last two seasons, but some of your player opinions have been dire at best!

Against that, at least you express an opinion, which on a football message board is a very good thing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 03:32:13 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1594 on: February 23, 2021, 03:41:42 PM »
Sam Johnstone for instance, Gibbs, Townsend, need I go on, I actually agree Livermore has got progressively worse in the last two seasons, but some of your player opinions have been dire at best!

Against that, at least you express an opinion, which on a football message board is a very good thing.

Stand by my appraisal of the 3 players in question  ???

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1595 on: February 23, 2021, 04:40:28 PM »
If our God is too busy, why not try Vishnu. He’s got a thousand eyes and a thousand legs. Imagine him in midfield.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1596 on: February 23, 2021, 06:26:31 PM »
If our God is too busy, why not try Vishnu. He’s got a thousand eyes and a thousand legs. Imagine him in midfield.

It wouldn't matter if he had eyes in the back (side) of his head, we'd never pay for the customised shorts or the extra socks and boots.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1597 on: February 23, 2021, 06:50:51 PM »

The keeper was woeful for two straight seasons....without doubt he’s improved this season, but surely Bon majority of matches alone he gets the thumbs down?
Gibbs murders Townsend all day every day ...

I’m actually standing up for Jacko....look what you’ve done to me 😄
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1598 on: February 23, 2021, 07:11:50 PM »
The keeper was woeful for two straight seasons....without doubt he’s improved this season, but surely Bon majority of matches alone he gets the thumbs down?
Gibbs murders Townsend all day every day ...

I’m actually standing up for Jacko....look what you’ve done to me 😄
Agree that we needed to replace Livermore. He is one of a number of players who we should release at the end of the season though I'm far from convinced that we will.
In relation to the allegedly wonderful Gibbs, it's interesting that both Allardyce and Bilic have preferred Townsend when both have been fit. From the perspective of us fans, it seems that you and Jacko are in a very small minority for whom he can do no wrong. In the recent poll in the Gibbs thread, only 4 out of 58 would offer him a new one year contract, and not one person would offer him a 2 year contract. Is going downhill rapidly

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1599 on: February 23, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
Agree that we needed to replace Livermore. He is one of a number of players who we should release at the end of the season though I'm far from convinced that we will.
In relation to the allegedly wonderful Gibbs, it's interesting that both Allardyce and Bilic have preferred Townsend when both have been fit. From the perspective of us fans, it seems that you and Jacko are in a very small minority for whom he can do no wrong. In the recent poll in the Gibbs thread, only 4 out of 58 would offer him a new one year contract, and not one person would offer him a 2 year contract. Is going downhill rapidly
I wouldn’t offer him a contract, but I’d pick him over Townsend...
Gibbs is an all round much better footballer, but now no residual value so we should be looking to replace Gibbs with quality and retain Townsend only as cover IMO
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..