Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471815 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1550 on: February 14, 2021, 09:40:48 PM »
Awful awful pass today, I wouldn't even want him coming off the bench . I think it was Brentford at home the last time Sawyer's and Livermore didn't start for us.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1551 on: February 14, 2021, 09:54:50 PM »
It was a ghastly pass for many reasons. Why on earth would you leave it short? If anything knock it too far down the pitch so it’s either a break for us or leaves them without an opportunity to counter.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1552 on: February 14, 2021, 10:41:14 PM »
I've said it before, but I think he has a problem with his kicking technique. He seems to overhit a lot of passes, whilst today just before the end, his pass was underhit.
People may laugh, but there is a correct technique for kicking a football. Pereira's technique is a very good example.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1553 on: February 14, 2021, 10:47:04 PM »
For all his limitations (and I wouldn’t argue)

Last year when we were promoted he was so emotional the poor bloke couldn’t speak and Robinson got sent to rescue him

HE CARES

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1554 on: February 14, 2021, 10:51:46 PM »
For all his limitations (and I wouldn’t argue)

Last year when we were promoted he was so emotional the poor bloke couldn’t speak and Robinson got sent to rescue him

HE CARES

Very true. He’s limited for sure but cares massively.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1555 on: February 14, 2021, 11:27:01 PM »
It was a ghastly pass for many reasons. Why on earth would you leave it short? If anything knock it too far down the pitch so it’s either a break for us or leaves them without an opportunity to counter.

He just tried to measure it through and under hit, ironically he was probably trying too hard to not overhung it and give it away.  Was a very poor pass but he didn't do too much wrong apart from that.  Made some decent clearance.   Pierera gave the ball away just as cheaply in a more dangerous area just after SJ saved Livermore's bacon but that goes unmentioned.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1556 on: February 15, 2021, 11:43:19 AM »
I've heard it all now bloke cares and he has an issue with his kicking technique. How about he just isn't good enough to play in top division?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1557 on: February 15, 2021, 11:47:18 AM »
I've no issue with Livermore as such , he clearly has bought into the club . His heart is in it and despite Yesterdays terrible pass he still has the brain , what he doesn't have anymore is mobility .
It was fading during Moore's spell as manager , if had all but gone during the 2nd half of last season yet neither Bilic or Dowling looked at the situation .
He'll be 2nd choice sitter to Okay and thats about it for the season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1558 on: February 15, 2021, 11:49:32 AM »
I've no issue with Livermore as such , he clearly has bought into the club . His heart is in it and despite Yesterdays terrible pass he still has the brain , what he doesn't have anymore is mobility .
It was fading during Moore's spell as manager , if had all but gone during the 2nd half of last season yet neither Bilic or Dowling looked at the situation .
He'll be 2nd choice sitter to Okay and thats about it for the season.

It's next season that worries me.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1559 on: February 15, 2021, 12:04:43 PM »
I don't think Pulis did him any favours, he seemed to bulk up and my guess it was under instruction from the capped wonder.  Mobility was never his strong point and he looks like a bus stuck in first gear sometimes now.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1560 on: February 15, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »
It's next season that worries me.
Agreed , especially if Dowling is still here .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1561 on: February 15, 2021, 12:28:58 PM »
Unless he is physically bossing the middle of the park he now offers littke.  A limited footballer at the top level who has made the most of his ability but has seen his impact deteriorate sharply over the last few years.  I can remember the odd game where he has driven the team on in the Champ through sheer force of will and he has promotion as Captain on his CV but he has "gone". On relegation we need to put him out there as a potential free and I'm sure that he can add something to a team outside of the potential top 6 clubs, in the same way Austin seems to have made an impact at QPR.  We cannot have Jake seen as a key player again next year, time to move on as best for all parties.

The fact the management team, whether Billic, Dowling, Pearce some or all thought he could drive a PL midfield worries me immensely.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 12:33:42 PM by Oldbury24 »

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1562 on: February 15, 2021, 12:33:37 PM »
Give him off the books, no more encouragement with any substantial game time, 85th minute sub will do.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1563 on: February 15, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »
Unless he is physically bossing the middle of the park he now offers littke.  A limited footballer at the top level who has made the most of his ability but has seen his impact deteriorate sharply over the last few years. I can remember the odd game where he has driven the team on in the Champ through sheer force of will and he has promotion as Captain on his CV but he has "gone". On relegation we need to put him out there as a potential free and I'm sure that he can add something to a team outside of the potential top 6 clubs, in the same way Austin seems to have made an impact at QPR.  We cannot have Jake seen as a key player again next year, time to move on as best for all parties.

The fact the management team, whether Billic, Dowling, Pearce some or all thought he could drive a PL midfield worries me immensely.
Not very generous are you? . Well i have to disagree with you, whilst I had doubts about him being good enough for the Premier league, he was a true leader in our promotion season. I went to every match last season prior to lockdown, and no player in the team gave more than Jake, and I am sure that Periera and Diangana thrived because of his efforts. The man was emotionally drained at the end of the season, and I don't think he has recovered mentally.

season
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1564 on: February 15, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »
I've heard it all now bloke cares and he has an issue with his kicking technique. How about he just isn't good enough to play in top division?
i agree with that but he wont have to next season.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1565 on: February 22, 2021, 07:47:14 AM »
Sorry to labour this point.

However as the season is progressing, it shows how a team can be revolutionised by just having 1 quality centre midfielder. 

Let's now see how Villa go without Grealish, Liverpool are hopelessly exposed with the likes of Jones and Milner.  From Saturday, Burnley's centre midfield looked so poor, but they were still an upgrade on Livermore.

I really don't think Livermore is even Championship level any more, serious.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1566 on: February 22, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
I really don't think Livermore is even Championship level any more, serious.

I completely agree with you  :o

He was incredibly poor last season - next season he'll be 2 years older. Simply put he isn't good enough. Too cumbersome, doesn't excel at anything. If I could rid the club of 1 player only it would be Livermore.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1567 on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:51 AM »

He was incredibly poor last season - next season he'll be 2 years older. Simply put he isn't good enough. Too cumbersome, doesn't excel at anything. If I could rid the club of 1 player only it would be Livermore.
The introduction of Yokuslu shows a) The importance of someone competent in that role b) How dreadful Livermore is at it!

Whether Yokuslu stays or not, the lesson has to be learned that Livermore is not a good enough DM and needs to be replaced once and for all.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1568 on: February 22, 2021, 10:20:06 AM »

Have to say I don't agree with that. A lot of things Livermore was being blamed for last season, Sawyers was being praised for ...sideways , back wards passing was "poor" when it was Livermore but "kept us ticking over" when it was Sawyers. Livermore also contributed 3 goals and 5 assists not bad for someone who was predominantly a DM.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jake-livermore/leistungsdaten/spieler/61832/plus/0?saison=2019

He's limited as a footballer and definitely not up to Pl standard but to say he's not even Championship standard is stretching it. I hope we can find better to replace him but Livermore would get into most Championship sides midfields.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1569 on: February 22, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »
..... If I could rid the club of 1 player only......

........ I'd be spoilt for choice  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1570 on: February 22, 2021, 11:40:37 AM »
Have to say I don't agree with that. A lot of things Livermore was being blamed for last season, Sawyers was being praised for ...sideways , back wards passing was "poor" when it was Livermore but "kept us ticking over" when it was Sawyers. Livermore also contributed 3 goals and 5 assists not bad for someone who was predominantly a DM.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jake-livermore/leistungsdaten/spieler/61832/plus/0?saison=2019

He's limited as a footballer and definitely not up to Pl standard but to say he's not even Championship standard is stretching it. I hope we can find better to replace him but Livermore would get into most Championship sides midfields.

Yeah, agree.  I never had Livermore down as a proper DM though, Sawyers always played a lot deeper.  I'd say Sawyers was our DM role, just even worse at it and Livermore was more CM.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1571 on: February 22, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »
Yeah, agree.  I never had Livermore down as a proper DM though, Sawyers always played a lot deeper.  I'd say Sawyers was our DM role, just even worse at it and Livermore was more CM.
Livermore's problem is he's neither.
To be a DM you have to be able to not only tackle, but win the ball. He can't.
To be a CM you have to be able to pass and drive the team forward. He can't.

I know that seems extremely harsh but it's true. He tries hard and is committed but he just isn't good enough in any particular area.

Sawyers at least can pick a pass and retain possession so, whilst I'd prefer neither, if we had to have one or the other in the Champ, it would be him.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1572 on: February 22, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »
could he fill a CH role?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1573 on: February 22, 2021, 12:00:45 PM »
could he fill a CH role?

he played that role for Hull City when they had a lot of injuries and did well by all accounts, however we need real CH's playing there and both Ajayi and Bartley will be fine next season in the Championship, and we have O'Shea and Kipre as cover if needed.

Livermore's problem is he's neither.
To be a DM you have to be able to not only tackle, but win the ball. He can't.
To be a CM you have to be able to pass and drive the team forward. He can't.

I know that seems extremely harsh but it's true. He tries hard and is committed but he just isn't good enough in any particular area.

Sawyers at least can pick a pass and retain possession so, whilst I'd prefer neither, if we had to have one or the other in the Champ, it would be him.

Livermore can tackle it's Sawyers who can't/won't.

Livermore managed 5 assists for someone who can't pass or drive the team forward....4 more than Sawyers.

Sawyers might be able to pick a pass but it's usually 2 yds backwards or sideways. Also Sawyers is one of those players that often passes without looking (the own goal against Leeds being the one really obvious example of this).

We need to improve on both for next season.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1574 on: February 22, 2021, 12:09:18 PM »
Livermore looked good last season playing with good players for that level.

If Livermore played alongside Gundogan and De Bruyne, Man City would still win most games!

I'm isolation he is not even a good Championship player.