Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471965 times)

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2017, 07:22:02 PM »
are we all assuming he's playing in midfield not in defence?

Must be honest, this had crossed my mind.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »
10 million is a lot of money, but it isn't 15 million so that is a bonus. I don't mind us signing Livermore, I just didn't want us to pay a ridiculous money when there is so much more value in the market.

Livermore should slot in fairly easily. He will not pull trees up and even £10 million is probably too much but he does have lots of energy and should thrive in a Pulis system.

Hull fans aren't gutted he is going as they feel they need the money but they do admit he has been one of thier better players (if that counts for anything in a relegation doomed side). We need more options in central midfield and we need ore pace and energy. You would imagine he will turn out to be the replacement for the aging but competent Darren Fletcher.
They said that about Chester and we all know how that panned out

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
I think this is a good signing. The way i look at it he is approaching his peak age and at 27 has a good level of premier league experience. Not to mention he is versatile. Should we get to the point where we have a injury/suspension crisis he could even fit in at center back. 10 million is the new 5 million. The current market is so inflated and its only going to get worse especially with the amount of money china pump into the sport now. Im not going to give the bloke stick he hasnt even held the shirt up yet and people are already laying into him and quite frankly its a joke.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2017, 07:45:45 PM »
I think this is a good signing. The way i look at it he is approaching his peak age and at 27 has a good level of premier league experience. Not to mention he is versatile. Should we get to the point where we have a injury/suspension crisis he could even fit in at center back. 10 million is the new 5 million. The current market is so inflated and its only going to get worse especially with the amount of money china pump into the sport now. Im not going to give the bloke stick he hasnt even held the shirt up yet and people are already laying into him and quite frankly its a joke.

nobodys going to boo him or give him stick at the ground are they. this is the place where most folk get it off their chest if they dont think its for the best of the club
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »
I'm hoping for the best and hope he can add much needed skill in the central midfield. Surprised Hull will sell but hopefully it's for our benefit.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2017, 07:57:09 PM »
Good signing this, especially at the reported £10m fee. Looked decent when Hull came to visit a few weeks ok and adds some much needed athleticism to the midfield. An upgrade on both Yacob and Fletcher IMO.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »

nobodys going to boo him or give him stick at the ground are they. this is the place where most folk get it off their chest if they dont think its for the best of the club

I find it amusing how people call for new players to sign yet when one happens or is very close to happening. Yet its almost like no Gardner has gone they need to find a new player to make a scapegoat.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »
are we all assuming he's playing in midfield not in defence?

I'd assume so, he's under 6 ft so I assume that breaks one of Pulis's age-old rules of putting someone in defence who is too small.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2017, 08:37:43 PM »
I find it amusing how people call for new players to sign yet when one happens or is very close to happening. Yet its almost like no Gardner has gone they need to find a new player to make a scapegoat.
What utter rubbish some fancy him some dont, it is called an opinion. I dont fancy him but i hope  he disproves my opinion and becomes a big success for the Albion i will be happy if he does, but because i feel this way doesnt mean i will boo him or not give him a chance. If we all had the same opinion it would be a bit pointless having a  website to discuss things.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »
He adds versatility as he can cover a few roles including CB which desperately needs addressing if not now then the summer.

Can pick a pass as well and gives his all for the team. He'll be a good solid addition that will challenge for first team football which is what we want. 
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »
well hull played us of the park 1st the other week , Livermore for one could pass to a team mate so happy with this signing . be a good addition

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »
well hull played us of the park 1st the other week , Livermore for one could pass to a team mate so happy with this signing . be a good addition
He stood out to me that day, strong, good passing and a yard of pace. Big improvement on Gardner and will cover Jacob or Fletcher nicely and can drop in to cover Evans instead of Calamity Olsson

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
It`s not rubbish how can fan`s rubbish a player they don`t know we all have opinions yes but how can you base an opinion on some one you`ve hardly seen play, when or if he arrives at the Hawthorns after  a few month`s then you base your opinion but until then he should alway`s get your support

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2017, 09:24:35 PM »
It`s not rubbish how can fan`s rubbish a player they don`t know we all have opinions yes but how can you base an opinion on some one you`ve hardly seen play, when or if he arrives at the Hawthorns after  a few month`s then you base your opinion but until then he should alway`s get your support
If this is meant for me where have i rubbished him? where have i said i wouldnt support him? how do you know what i have seen of him and in my opinion for less money Snodgrass is a better player!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2017, 09:28:26 PM »
If this is meant for me where have i rubbished him? where have i said i wouldnt support him? how do you know what i have seen of him and in my opinion for less money Snodgrass is a better player!

I don't mean to intrude, but I think 13 may be referring to Kirk's post on the previous page.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2017, 09:32:54 PM »
I don't mean to intrude, but I think 13 may be referring to Kirk's post on the previous page.
No problem Dan it could have been meant for me though!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2017, 09:33:20 PM »

Doesn't every team play us off the park though
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »
Weakest area going mate , and slowest.
b
Have you not seen our centre backs ?? And the two least droppable players under TP are CY and DF

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
Doesn't every team play us off the park though
afraid to say yes , so will players like Livermore coming in help us play abetter passing game . I for one would like to think so .

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2017, 10:05:25 PM »
b
Have you not seen our centre backs ?? And the two least droppable players under TP are CY and DF
CY still has life in him.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »

Sorry but I have never booed any player who has played for our club in my life. Easy to just accept everything the club says and does and throw insults to any one who disagrees. Perhaps you should question the fans who have booed brunt, morrison, Olson and Gardner but I guess that doesnt suit your rose tinted glasses
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2017, 10:24:11 PM »
I think it's a decent deal. However. I also think he will play instead of James Morrison.

ie in a 3 with Yacob and Fletcher, then two wide men Phillips and Chadli, with Rondon up front.

Damn shame as he is an instant improvement on Darren Fletcher.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »
Sorry but I have never booed any player who has played for our club in my life. Easy to just accept everything the club says and does and throw insults to any one who disagrees. Perhaps you should question the fans who have booed brunt, morrison, Olson and Gardner but I guess that doesnt suit your rose tinted glasses

Heard you're a big fan of Albion player James McClean.... Lets hope Jake wears his poppy!!  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2017, 10:31:14 PM »
I think it's a decent deal. However. I also think he will play instead of James Morrison.

ie in a 3 with Yacob and Fletcher, then two wide men Phillips and Chadli, with Rondon up front.

Damn shame as he is an instant improvement on Darren Fletcher.

Sadly I think you are right re Morrison.  I suspect that he's likely to get sacrificed.  When he's on song, like Brunt, we have looked a far better side.  I can see us being open to offers for him, if not now then certainly in the summer.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2017, 10:41:01 PM »
Heard you're a big fan of Albion player James McClean.... Lets hope Jake wears his poppy!!  :-X

Still have never booed him though !!!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.