Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 471789 times)

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »

of course he will get grace from supporters if he signs.i keep forgetting we have a billionaire owner now and getting a little carried away slightly. just expecting a little better than someone whos no better thats all

key word - EXPECTATION

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2017, 01:14:27 PM »
key word - EXPECTATION

always going to grow given the position we are in
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2017, 01:35:35 PM »
I would take him, but the mentions of him being our transfer record puts me off. Not that good
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »
Totally uninspiring and vastly over inflated fee. If he signs, it's certainly not a signing to help get extra bums on seats and help develop any interest in the club that's for sure. Surely that is what the new owners are hoping for? Surely they want to see the name of West Bromwich Albion spoken about with a bit of excitement in China, etc? I'm afraid Jake Livermore just isn't going to do it. That's not to say he doesn't tick the Pulis boxes and he might be OK, it's just as I say, a bit uninspiring.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2017, 01:56:51 PM »
Firstly MODS this is not an attack at any individual, but if people read this and feel a little aggreaved then maybe they need to reflect on my points.. :-[

I have been reading through this whole thread regarding Livermore and also some of the others regarding transfers and general play and the way the club is run.

it strikes me that there is the following problem with not just our fans but the new generation of football fans across England that means i make the following 10 observations...

1) a lot of these people play too much football manager and fifa and gain all their football knowledge from simulation games and use this to form an argument

2) i expect that the majority of the voices heard have never kicked a ball themselves outside of the school playground (i have to make this opinion when i read some of the so called tactical comments and starting line-ups people suggest)

3) fans seem to think that they are the only ones who are correct and are not willing to see the perspective of other or even skilled trained coaches who work and see these players everyday.

4) fans get angry as though a club is spending "their money"

5) Our fans seem to think it is OK for us to push the price of a player up but other clubs are not allowed to do it to us

6) when we do find out ITK info we are not satisfied until we have hounded and harassed the source to the point that they no longer wish to share information and ruin it for others.

7) £10m is only the new £5m when it suits your argument... ie now £15m is only the new £9m and considering spurs sold him to hull for £8m is that really too bad???? (PS he left THFC for first team premier league football rather than sit on the bench and collect his money .. that has to be a good thing, and looking at their midfield can you blame him)

8) if our fans don't like you as a player or you dont have a foreign sounding name we will slate you regardless and even before you kick a ball for us.... just as Gmac, Robson-Kanu and others who have had the same treatment.

9) Our have have delusions of grandeur is we think we are ever going to finish higher than 7th in the premier league.

10) Our fans seem to believe every snippet from every dodgy website then castigate the club for not signing a player that we may not have even been interested in signing..... but hey why not it a good chance to slag off our own club.....

it is because of this pure Bl00dy mindedness, plus lack of understanding and appreciation of what the club are trying to achieve in a structured organic manner that for the past 5 years i have sat in the stands watching the team i love and put my head phones in to listen to some station or other while the game is going on.... because that way i do not have to listen to the complete and utter tosh that some of our fans spout.......

FOR CRYING OUT LOAD  LADS... get behind our club, start appreciating what we currently have because believe me (and this is a message for the new generation) you dont know how good you have it compared to some of the rubbish i have had to watch over the years at  places like notts county and Chester away in the poring rain and getting tonked 5-0 away at grimsby.....

we are trying to build a SQUAD, not just a good 11, Jake Livermore is a decent pro, who will add to the team give the guy and the club a break you are starting to sound like villa and wolves fans... >:(

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »
Firstly MODS this is not an attack at any individual, but if people read this and feel a little aggreaved then maybe they need to reflect on my points.. :-[

I have been reading through this whole thread regarding Livermore and also some of the others regarding transfers and general play and the way the club is run.

it strikes me that there is the following problem with not just our fans but the new generation of football fans across England that means i make the following 10 observations...

1) a lot of these people play too much football manager and fifa and gain all their football knowledge from simulation games and use this to form an argument

2) i expect that the majority of the voices heard have never kicked a ball themselves outside of the school playground (i have to make this opinion when i read some of the so called tactical comments and starting line-ups people suggest)

3) fans seem to think that they are the only ones who are correct and are not willing to see the perspective of other or even skilled trained coaches who work and see these players everyday.

5) Our fans seem to think it is OK for us to push the price of a player up but other clubs are not allowed to do it to us

6) when we do find out ITK info we are not satisfied until we have hounded and harassed the source to the point that they no longer wish to share information and ruin it for others.

7) £10m is only the new £5m when it suits your argument... ie now £15m is only the new £9m and considering spurs sold him to hull for £8m is that really too bad???? (PS he left THFC for first team premier league football rather than sit on the bench and collect his money .. that has to be a good thing, and looking at their midfield can you blame him)

8) if our fans don't like you as a player or you dont have a foreign sounding name we will slate you regardless and even before you kick a ball for us.... just as Gmac, Robson-Kanu and others who have had the same treatment.

9) Our have have delusions of grandeur is we think we are ever going to finish higher than 7th in the premier league.

10) Our fans seem to believe every snippet from every dodgy website then castigate the club for not signing a player that we may not have even been interested in signing..... but hey why not it a good chance to slag off our own club.....

it is because of this pure Bl00dy mindedness, plus lack of understanding and appreciation of what the club are trying to achieve in a structured organic manner that for the past 5 years i have sat in the stands watching the team i love and put my head phones in to listen to some station or other while the game is going on.... because that way i do not have to listen to the complete and utter tosh that some of our fans spout.......

FOR CRYING OUT LOAD  LADS... get behind our club, start appreciating what we currently have because believe me (and this is a message for the new generation) you dont know how good you have it compared to some of the rubbish i have had to watch over the years at  places like notts county and Chester away in the poring rain and getting tonked 5-0 away at grimsby.....

we are trying to build a SQUAD, not just a good 11, Jake Livermore is a decent pro, who will add to the team give the guy and the club a break you are starting to sound like villa and wolves fans... >:(
Jake Livermore is a decent pro who will strengthen the squad and not the first 11 and certainly not for a club record of maybe 15 million that's just plain daft and a waste of our limited resources

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
Jake Livermore is a decent pro who will strengthen the squad and not the first 11 and certainly not for a club record of maybe 15 million that's just plain daft and a waste of our limited resources

No one thought nyom would be any good, people were also against phillips when he first started... saying he will not strengthen the first 11 without even giving him a chance and before he has even signed is exactly what darby009 is getting at.

Yes it may seem abit pricey, but the amount of money being pumped into the sport and the crazy prices people are paying for players... to strengthen we are going to need to break our low 'club record' a few times unless pulis wants a load of squad fillers.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »
To me darby that`s a well thought out post I have been around the game in one source or more for a long time and will defend the Albion`s recruitment policy to anyone, they do everything in the best interests of the club what fans should remember is what is a good player to us might not have the right attributes for the management and recruiting team If we are going for Livermore who is a very good player he will have been seen to fit into our style of play and who knows we may pull someone out the hat like Evan`s, Fletcher and Chadli. In 3 of the last 4 window`s we have bought in a player to get exited about so let`s just wait and see.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »
Sorry but you are taking up valuable, slagging off and meltdown space on this important topic with such bizarre views of the modern day fan :-*

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2017, 02:50:14 PM »
Great post darby009.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
I agree with everything you say Darby - nice one.

For the record I don't play FIFA or Football Manager!

Well said.......
MAGA!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2017, 03:08:03 PM »

I think he would be better than Fletcher in the middle which would mark an improvement as a signing. Fletcher was bought in for his energy in the middle and his accurate passing, which this season has dropped off significantly.

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2017, 03:26:12 PM »
I think he would be better than Fletcher in the middle which would mark an improvement as a signing. Fletcher was bought in for his energy in the middle and his accurate passing, which this season has dropped off significantly.

He may well be an improvement on an aging Fletcher - my concern is whether TP would play him in that role and drop Fletcher to the bench. Fletcher seems to be pretty much the first name on Tone's teamsheet every week...

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

Its all about opinions, we've all had some howlers.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »

If anyone is to drop out then it will be Yacob IMO. However I would expect to see all 3 in there if he does sign.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2017, 06:49:28 PM »
I actually think we need to upgrade both Yacob and Fletcher within the next year.

Fletcher due to his age catching up with him and i would replace him with a proper box to box midfielder with energy, power and creativity.

I also think we need to upgrade Yacob who i feel is a bit one dimensional. He is brilliant at doing what he does (breaking up play), but for us to establish ourselves as a top 10 team i think we need him to break up play and then be able to play a killer pass that can launch a counter attack quickly, not rely on his centre midfield partner to do that. I want the centre midfield partner to be on his way once Yacob gets the ball!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »
Sorry most of us have seen him play a lot. I suggest put the money back in the pocket and spend the next 6 months finding players that will improve us, one day we will have a transfer window that isn't a disaster
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »
Sorry most of us have seen him play a lot. I suggest put the money back in the pocket and spend the next 6 months finding players that will improve us, one day we will have a transfer window that isn't a disaster
Don't know how much Hull you watch but I suspect that most people haven't actually seen him play a lot.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »
Fletcher also has 1 goal and 1 assist this season too. Livermore has a pass success rate of 85% over Fletchers' 77%. That extra 8% could be the difference between starting attacks off and losing possession in dangerous positions.

Having said that £15m is too much for him.

Exactly, if we're trying to buy a more progressive midfielder to play alongside Yacob, I can't see the point in going for Livermore. However, still can't see us dropping Fletcher anyway, so reckon if this does go through it'd probably be as an expensive back up to centre mid, or (wrongly in my opinion) to compete with Yacob. However again that would go against all the 'improve the starting 11' stuff that's been said for the past few transfer windows

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2017, 10:16:55 PM »

Decent post, but I disagree with a few points and find them a bit condescending.

1) I don't play football manager or use them to form my opinion of players
2) Not sure you have to have kicked a ball to form an opinion on the team
3) Agreed we all have differing ideas, but doesn't mean they are wrong just because we aren't 'skilled trained coaches'
4) I think the worry is if we start throwing money around carelessly and end up paying the price for it. I mean potentially breaking transfer records on players that some think are good replacements for our backup centre midfielder can't be sustainable in the long run - look at Portsmouth et al.
5) Of course we want to get the highest price for our players and pay the lowest for new ones.. Would you suggest giving players away for free and paying £50 million for every signing?
6) Haven't really seen any ITK info on this thread or others
7) I wouldn't consider him worth twice the amount as when he left Spurs, regardless of inflated prices
8) Agree there were some (rightful) doubts on some of the unknown signings. Some have gone on to prove themselves, some haven't, as is life.
9) We will never finish above 7th unless we change our mentality, starting with the fans. If we settle for mid table every year that's all we will ever be. I don't think it's a bad thing to dream or have ambitions.
10) Not sure that's true. Think the rumours are just discussed and debated. Heaven forbid this happens on a forum.

So I don't agree with most points, but that's just me. We're all entitled to an opinion and it's getting a bit boring seeing loads of posts in every thread slagging other people off for debating and sharing their opinion. I mean what has any of this got to do with Jake Livermore..

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »
Exactly, if we're trying to buy a more progressive midfielder to play alongside Yacob, I can't see the point in going for Livermore. However, still can't see us dropping Fletcher anyway, so reckon if this does go through it'd probably be as an expensive back up to centre mid, or (wrongly in my opinion) to compete with Yacob. However again that would go against all the 'improve the starting 11' stuff that's been said for the past few transfer windows
Crazy money if its a back up player at £15m.
The starting 11 quote wasn't the best PR the clubs put out, its a stick to beat the club with if the players to improve the first team are unaffordable or unavailable. would be best to say nothing, damned if they do and all that.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »
Crazy money if its a back up player at £15m.
The starting 11 quote wasn't the best PR the clubs put out, its a stick to beat the club with if the players to improve the first team are unaffordable or unavailable. would be best to say nothing, damned if they do and all that.

I've thought that throughout too. However since it was mentioned so many times it does make me think that we really are going for quality this window. Apart from the Schniderlin bid have any other of the rumours actually been confirmed by the club? If not, maybe Schniderlin is the level we are looking at, and we have a few more going under the radar behind the rumours

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2017, 10:45:49 PM »
I've thought that throughout too. However since it was mentioned so many times it does make me think that we really are going for quality this window. Apart from the Schniderlin bid have any other of the rumours actually been confirmed by the club? If not, maybe Schniderlin is the level we are looking at, and we have a few more going under the radar behind the rumours
don't think the club have actually said we've made a bid for Livermore or have I missed that.
Schneiderlin was definitely mentioned by Pulis. like you say we will probably sign players where there's been no rumour.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:01:26 PM by caravanc58 »

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »
you could well be Caravan very little coming out of the Hawthorns

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2017, 11:38:37 PM »
If were going for a Hull player, I'd be going for Snodgrass. A very influential player and very good goals record for a struggling team.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure