Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 463005 times)

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
Philip Buckingham who is the local reporter for the Hull Daily Mail has said Hull won't comment on a bid but he thinks they have a real decision to make. Silva has already made noises about not having a great budget for this window so they might well be glad of the money so that they can invest it elsewhere.

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
I think the bid is genuine - John Percy gets leaked info (i suspect fed by the club or TP) and is always correct.
I think its a runner as its the one area Hull have a couple of options and he is short of money for other area's.
If signed he must replace Fletch who seemingly unnoticed bottles every tackle as well as his other limitations!
Initially i was underwhelmed with JL and especially at 10-15m!! However i am coming around to it! Right age. Versatile. Box to box. fits in with what we want and need. In and around the England squad in the past.
Regards the fee - was Hull record signing at £8m in 2014. £8m in 2014 is £15 in the current market the way the game has gone additionally mad! So maybe if we get him for £10-12m he is not that over valued.

P.S - Would still rather have Camacho for £15m and cant understand what Pulis has seen that obviously turned him off last minute in the summer to the degree we havent gone back even after Schnederlin.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:34 PM »
Could be a shrewd signing this , I like him.
Hopefully a long term Fletcher replacement.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 04:15:39 PM »
I think the bid is genuine - John Percy gets leaked info (i suspect fed by the club or TP) and is always correct.
I think its a runner as its the one area Hull have a couple of options and he is short of money for other area's.
If signed he must replace Fletch who seemingly unnoticed bottles every tackle as well as his other limitations!
Initially i was underwhelmed with JL and especially at 10-15m!! However i am coming around to it! Right age. Versatile. Box to box. fits in with what we want and need. In and around the England squad in the past.
Regards the fee - was Hull record signing at £8m in 2014. £8m in 2014 is £15 in the current market the way the game has gone additionally mad! So maybe if we get him for £10-12m he is not that over valued.

P.S - Would still rather have Camacho for £15m and cant understand what Pulis has seen that obviously turned him off last minute in the summer to the degree we havent gone back even after Schnederlin.

Yes would rather have Camacho for 15 million wouldn't pay more than 12 million for Livermore but we are desperate of course.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »
Could be a good shout at 27 and an England International can play as an attacking or defencive  midfielder Has also been playing at centre half for Hull we will see.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »
Yes would rather have Camacho for 15 million wouldn't pay more than 12 million for Livermore but we are desperate of course.

I've never seen him play to be honest, but I imagine Pulis would favour Livermore based on him being British and playing in the Premier League. Out of our entire signings under Pulis - one has came from abroad, Rondon.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 04:46:29 PM »
Hull fans suggesting he's not technically good. More of an athlete.

While I'm desperate for us to get legs through the middle of the pitch I really hope there is some quality to his play.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 04:48:54 PM »
Hull fans suggesting he's not technically good. More of an athlete.

While I'm desperate for us to get legs through the middle of the pitch I really hope there is some quality to his play.

Ive seen Hull fans say the bid is a joke and they rate him highly.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
Initially not enthralled at the idea at all but the more that I have thought about it, the more I have warmed to it. He is athletic, that is something that has struck me when we have played against him down the years and that attribute is clearly something that we lack - all over the pitch really but through the middle in particular.

I know stats aren't everything as styles of play and roles performed can make significant differences but on this season's stats, he will need to up his tackles and interceptions in our midfield. I'd imagine that we come be a good dressing room character as no doubt Pulis will have spoken to his mate Brucey about his personality, which can be considered a plus, along with the fact that he isn't really a risk. Of course, we won't get value compared to some deals on the continent but we know Pulis' preference for British players.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 05:12:23 PM »
Ive seen Hull fans say the bid is a joke and they rate him highly.

Saw the same I'm not suggesting they don't like him. Just the type of player he is they state several times he is legs rather than ability... Yes they think closer to 15 million is right in today's market.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 05:18:41 PM »
This is much more realistic. Schneiderlin was a pipe dream and I didn't expect that to happen at all. I'm not going to pretend that I've followed this lads career in any depth, but whenever I've seen him he's usually looked pretty decent. I reckon he'd be a decent signing to be honest at anything up to about 12-13 million tops. He's also British which fits in with what Pulis likes and he has the Premier League experience already. I think we could do a lot worse in all honesty.

I reckon to have lodged a bid we must have an inkling that this deal is very much possible and I'd be surprised if it didn't go through now in all honesty. Not bad at all.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »
Thinking about it Livermore fits the criteria that Pulis wants and the team wants.
1 : He is a realistic target and if available would be likely to join us.

2 : Fits the bill in terms of British player with Premier league experience

3 : Relatively Young 27 and should be in his prime to inject some mobility and energy in central midfield

4 : Versatile can play as a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder and also as a central defender

Looking at it a much more realistic target than Schneiderlin and with Livermore's versatility potentially a better buy.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »
I am neutral on this but would rather a comfortable on the ball box to box player.
One of our biggest issues is retaining the ball and i am concerned reading above that he is not technically very good...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »
for me and eddy hes no better than gardner, he doesnt even start for Hull
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:22:46 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »
for me and eddy hes no better than gardner

Think that does him a disservice he's a lot better than Gardner imo. Whether he's £14 million better is another story. Think the £8 million Hull paid was a lot at the time and I'd be more comfortable if that was his current price point.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
He's a good age so fits the bill in terms of lowering our squad average age and he gives us much needed legs in the middle. Probably an improvement on Fletcher and is more of a longer term option.

All depends on whether he is being signed as a Fletcher replacement or a Yacob replacement, the former and I'm relatively happy but the latter and its a waste of £10m+ as it doesn't really solve the problem.

Not the impressive signing TP has been hinting at but a much better use of funds than signing Schlupp would have been.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »
I am neutral on this but would rather a comfortable on the ball box to box player.
One of our biggest issues is retaining the ball and i am concerned reading above that he is not technically very good...

Perhaps that type of player will be in the budget for the summer transfer window.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 06:01:27 PM »
Sounds like a Pulis player. An athletic midfielder who can play in defense. Nothing exciting but will no doubt put in a shift. What does seem non Pulis like is the ban for cocaine.  :o
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
Sounds like a Pulis player. An athletic midfielder who can play in defense. Nothing exciting but will no doubt put in a shift. What does seem non Pulis like is the ban for cocaine.  :o

He could be a convicted dealer and Pulis would have him over someone from a foreign league  ;D

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »
Don't forget we received 8m for James Chester

10m is nothing now. Palace spent 30m on benteke ffs !!!!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »
What!! Is this a joke? He is no better than what we have. Why buy a bang average premier league player, we might as well play field and leko. Do you really think he will replace Fletcher? Already 'he has played for England well so did Mike Phelan. No better than Gerdner
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »
for me and eddy hes no better than gardner, he doesnt even start for Hull
He does usually start for Hull. He's had an injury which is why he didn't play in the semi against Man U....he would have been centre back but they ended up having to play Huddlestone and Myler there.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
In a British to British context £10m is probably okay it is totally outrageous if we look outside the Premier League bubble but what the heck every piece of stupidity can be used justify the next

If I'm being picky Livermore at 27 doesn't have many more "peak" years in him and whatever we pay is probably going to be last big fee he moves for. In terms of what we might be getting not the absolute top draw we might have been hoping for but he will improve us.

In terms of passing he has a greater pass volume and completion rate than Fletcher.

I am puzzled as to why Hull would let him go but apparently they need to raise funds to strengthen other areas
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:01:30 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
 bought up in an envirnoment that encourages passing the ball , a better athlete than either Fletcher or Yacob whats not to like
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:19 PM »
bought up in an envirnoment that encourages passing the ball , a better athlete than either Fletcher or Yacob whats not to like

I don't know an awful lot about him, but a quick search reveals that he spent a fair bit of time flitting through loans at clubs in the lower leagues with MK Dons (5), Derby (16), Peterborough (9), Ipswich (12) and Leeds (5) = 47.

He's 27 with a total of 252 appearances to his name and the majority of those have been at Hull City (approx 144 app's of which 37 were in the Championship/play offs).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jake-livermore/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61832

On one hand he has experienced life at the rough end and got his knocks in early, on another it seems an awful lot to pay for a defensive midfielder with allegedly limited technical ability.

naughty word it though, I just don't know enough about him to actually judge him one way or the other.

If he arrives I'd wish him well and get behind him.

If he doesn't then I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.