Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Next Match Forum - 04/12 Coventry City (A) / Re: Team
« Last post by lewisant on Today at 10:05:16 AM »
Castro is pictured training with the squad on the official site.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by johnny Cash on Today at 09:58:46 AM »
Fun and games in Man U vs Arsenal.

Ball comes in and Fred treads on De Geas foot and leaves him crumpled on the goaline, ball gets cleared. Rowe Smith puts it in from 20 yards or so.

Ref doesnt blow whistle till ball goes in net but no offside or foul from Arsenal so goal has to stand.

Has been given correctly to be fair.

The rhetoric that United were in some way unlucky is / was a joke.

The keeper cannot just hit the deck under contract from his own player and have game stopped. It was obvious he wasnt seriously hurt, he could have easily stayed up but he wanted the free kick.  They attempted a form of cheating.

if Smith Rowe hadn’t struck the ball at that moment,  the ref would have stopped the game for no reason.
Not unless Slav had been ready to pay him £100k a week out of his own pocket!

Slav might have got us back up but conversely, like Pullis, you could argue that Slav could/should have gone in that summer after the high of promotion, as in hindsight he was obviously unsettled.  If he had gone we may not have gone into the season having gambled £15m on turning Grant into a CF  hoping a 35 year old Ivanovic could stabilise the defence or thinking a Livermore/Sawyers midfield could compete in the PL.

I was a huge advocate of Slav by the way, and was disdapointed in his sacking, so this is very much hindsight driven.

Regardless of what he wanted he had a long contract here. We had no need to sell especially as the money wasn't reinvested. He'd have eventually got his head down and played on.
All we do is get the ball wide and cross it in! That's part of the problem.  Having watched Hugill play I seriously doubt he got all his goals from banging in headers.  He's slow and doesn't anticipate anything.

Totally agree. Watch him closely when a cross goes into the box and he's nowhere near the right areas to be in.

Hugill has scored most of his career goals getting on the end of crosses which are pretty non existent at the moment.

Diangana, Grant and Robinson were signed by who?  Please remind me...not Val!

All we do is get the ball wide and cross it in! That's part of the problem.  Having watched Hugill play I seriously doubt he got all his goals from banging in headers.  He's slow and doesn't anticipate anything.
I don't see how you can even start to make any comparisons at this stage.  The hypothetical comparison which can never be proven unless you create a parallel universe would be had we retained Bilic, whether he would get us back up as opposed to Val.  It's not unreasonable to assume that having achieved it once Bilic could do it again, whilst the jury is out on Val at the moment.  (Would Pereira still be here if Bilic was?)

At the end of the season, if Val gets us up he will have equalled Bilic's achievement.  It would then be a question of whether he can keep us up.  It's at that point you can make some kind of comparison and possibly answer your question (or maybe not!)

What we don't know is exactly what objective the Board have given Val.  Is it promotion this season, or within 2 years as with Slav initially - which changed when Covid hit? 

What goals have the Board set Val over the 4 year period of his contract?  We all know the latter is purely academic...Bilic of course never had the opportunity of planning/thinking that far ahead.

Not unless Slav had been ready to pay him £100k a week out of his own pocket! 

Slav might have got us back up but conversely, like Pullis, you could argue that Slav could/should have gone in that summer after the high of promotion, as in hindsight he was obviously unsettled.  If he had gone we may not have gone into the season having gambled £15m on turning Grant into a CF  hoping a 35 year old Ivanovic could stabilise the defence or thinking a Livermore/Sawyers midfield could compete in the PL.

I was a huge advocate of Slav by the way, and was disdapointed in his sacking, so this is very much hindsight driven.

Last Match Forum - 26/11 Nottingham Forest (H) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by WBA on Today at 01:05:54 AM »
For a system built around crossing we put probably two decent balls in the box all nigh
Molumby, absolutely brainless.

Diangana, Grant and Robinson are three versions of the same bang average player.

Jordan Hugill is on spice, he must be.

At least we're solid at the back, a half competent centre forward and we'd be up there with Bournemouth and Fulham. So frustrating.

Hugill has scored most of his career goals getting on the end of crosses which are pretty non existent at the moment.

Diangana, Grant and Robinson were signed by who?  Please remind me...not Val!
I don't see how you can even start to make any comparisons at this stage.  The hypothetical comparison which can never be proven unless you create a parallel universe would be had we retained Bilic, whether he would get us back up as opposed to Val.  It's not unreasonable to assume that having achieved it once Bilic could do it again, whilst the jury is out on Val at the moment.  (Would Pereira still be here if Bilic was?)

At the end of the season, if Val gets us up he will have equalled Bilic's achievement.  It would then be a question of whether he can keep us up.  It's at that point you can make some kind of comparison and possibly answer your question (or maybe not!)

What we don't know is exactly what objective the Board have given Val.  Is it promotion this season, or within 2 years as with Slav initially - which changed when Covid hit? 

What goals have the Board set Val over the 4 year period of his contract?  We all know the latter is purely academic...Bilic of course never had the opportunity of planning/thinking that far ahead. 
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Jake Livermore
« Last post by iwastherein68 on Yesterday at 10:53:31 PM »
That's correct, we've looked a slightly more cohesive unit without Livermore.

Any notion of a high press goes out of the window with the likes of Livermore, just not quick enough over 90 minutes play.

I'm surprised Ismael has persisted with Livermore for so long!
He is almost as persitant as you are.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 10:28:24 PM »
Carrick has left Man Utd completely now Rangick has his work permit
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10