Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 282914 times)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #925 on: August 02, 2019, 12:21:25 PM »
I still think he could turn out to be a very useful player, he had a decent half season at Celtic, so let's give him a chance on the pitch, sod twitter and all that shizzle

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #926 on: August 02, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »
Hadn't really got any interest in the story but my curiosity got the better of me, so i've had a look on there and there are only 6 pictured, the latest of which is from early July, with Burke in his Albion training gear saying great to be back.

Am I missing something? He has just deleted most of his pictures 😂😂. Total non story. Bet he plays tomorrow.

Albion pic wasn't there yesterday.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #927 on: August 02, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »
I was beside myself with panic when I read he'd deleted Albion photos from his Instagram.

Good to see he's put one back up, phew.

I'll be able to sleep easy ahead of our first game tomorrow now.

In my experience rest before beers is as vastly under rated as games after beers are vastly over rated.

Never mind, COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #928 on: August 02, 2019, 02:18:34 PM »
It seems his Instagram has been hacked before if you look at the screenshot he uploaded to Twitter a while ago.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #929 on: August 02, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »
Probably hacked if you think about it.

It's pretty obvious it didn't end well at Celtic with Lennon, Dowling et al so the last thing he'd do is go back there.
That said, I do wonder if he'll be used much this season - he's been with us under 4 different managers now and all have used him sparingly.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #930 on: August 02, 2019, 03:45:54 PM »
He should replace all his pictures with one massive t urd and his name on it.

Get rid asap.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #931 on: August 02, 2019, 05:29:09 PM »
Footballer does something on social media we therefore can deduce ….. not very much. There is very little chance of us seeing any of the fee back unless he starts playing some games somewhere for someone and he is here until 2022. If Bilic can get a tune out of him that would be an unexpected bonus.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #932 on: August 03, 2019, 08:49:27 PM »
Footballer does something on social media we therefore can deduce ….. not very much. There is very little chance of us seeing any of the fee back unless he starts playing some games somewhere for someone and he is here until 2022. If Bilic can get a tune out of him that would be an unexpected bonus.

From his cameo today he could hit cow backside with Banjo. So no tune there imo.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #933 on: August 03, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
From his cameo today he could hit cow backside with Banjo. So no tune there imo.

He didn't have a shot? Strange comment.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #934 on: August 03, 2019, 09:52:52 PM »
Was invisible and irrelevant when he cam on today but I suppose he didn’t really get a chance to get in behind them. I still believe there is hope for the lad
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #935 on: August 08, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »
Loan to league one an option? Give him 6 months at a Sunderland/pompy etc. Got potential but needs to play

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #936 on: August 08, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »
Loan to league one an option? Give him 6 months at a Sunderland/pompy etc. Got potential but needs to play

I really think it is important that we make this happen, although I doubt it at the moment. A loan move to Scotland or even abroad is also possible.

Burke is now 6th choice winger and 4th choice striker. We need to be proactive in boosting his career prospects or his value. No point him rotting.
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #937 on: August 09, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »
I really think it is important that we make this happen, although I doubt it at the moment. A loan move to Scotland or even abroad is also possible.

Burke is now 6th choice winger and 4th choice striker. We need to be proactive in boosting his career prospects or his value. No point him rotting.

Ask Forest to have him back, might be the tonic / shock he needs
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke
« Reply #938 on: August 09, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
Haven't seen anything over the last month that has made me feel this guy can make an impact although I have a feeling there is a few more appearances to come as Bilic tests out what he is looking for. Mentioned in another thread he is not a striker but I truthfully do not see where he fits in, no problem with a loan.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #939 on: August 09, 2019, 06:28:57 PM »
Oliver Burke has been, without doubt, a footballing conundrum, but we are the ones having to solve it and, personally, I have no clue  :-X
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #940 on: August 09, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »
I think it's too early to say he's not a striker. There are different types of striker, he has undoubtedly got pace and physical stature. He didn't have much of a look-in on Saturday after he came on ...though he did have the sense to take the ball into the corner towards the end of the game.
Remains to be seen how much of a look-in he gets. There's a lot of competition now and he's going to have to impress day in day out in training and in whatever game time he gets.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #941 on: August 10, 2019, 06:08:45 PM »
2 appearances this season and I am sure I can count the times he touched the ball on one hand. Not sure what he offers the team. He defiantly isn't a centre forward.

The 3 deadline day signings will have killed his chances off for me this season. He will be one of the ones who doesn't make the 18
O Albion we love you

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #942 on: August 10, 2019, 06:44:36 PM »
Rubbish again. Not interested, not good enough. League 1 player at best. Get rid.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #943 on: August 10, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »
I hate to say it and hope to be proved wrong but he's no idea hats going on around him and has o application whatsoever.
I know its hard to come on as a sub and get involved straight away but the signs are not good.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #944 on: August 10, 2019, 08:03:42 PM »
Managers, Head Coaches have tried him in forward and midfield roles without finding his best position, as a last resort, I wonder if anyone’s thought about a defensive role?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #945 on: August 10, 2019, 08:12:29 PM »
Has all the tools to be a world-class winger in Rugby. 6ft2, 14st, greased lightening. Get him with ball in hand and he’d be unstoppable. Ball at his feet though? Bag of w*nk.

In all seriousness, I think we’ve all seen enough to know what we are working with. All the physical tools, none of the technical or tactical quality.

Doesn’t have a first touch. No spatial awareness. Doesn’t know where to run, when to run, what is a useful run, a useless run, etc, etc. He hasn’t developed under the multiple coaches he has had and that points to him being unable to learn. He’s not a footballer.

If you saw him for 5 mins you’d think he could be a world beater but having seen him make 20+ sub appearances, it’s clear he isn’t up to it.

Hopefully the bloke who sanctioned a £15m punt (Pulis? Williams?) on the rawest of players is long gone. Would imagine once Slaven gets some of the new boys up to speed Burke will be back playing u23s with a view to moving him on permanently?

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #946 on: August 10, 2019, 08:47:16 PM »
Everything that's wrong about English football. Seems if you are big and have plenty of pace you have more chance of making it as opposed to the more technical side. Seems Burke is a prime example.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #947 on: August 10, 2019, 09:11:06 PM »
Managers, Head Coaches have tried him in forward and midfield roles without finding his best position, as a last resort, I wonder if anyone’s thought about a defensive role?

Personally Id swap him for Sam Johnstone for a couple of games and see how he gets  on
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #948 on: August 10, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »
Personally Id swap him for Sam Johnstone for a couple of games and see how he gets  on

That’s not a bad shout
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #949 on: August 10, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
I'd swap Sam Johnstone for an orange and a bag of nuts
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..