Author Topic: Hal Robson-Kanu  (Read 269830 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu
« Reply #775 on: March 29, 2019, 11:07:42 PM »
I was actually pleased to see him coming on at half time. I am worried for myself.
Same here. He does a job, sticks his backside out when being challenged from behind, and makes time for others to get into position to attack. A Marmite player. I like Marmite. ☺️
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #776 on: March 29, 2019, 11:08:41 PM »
Doesn't score anywhere near enough , sometimes beats himself .....and yet at this level so important to this side especially against physical sides .
I can't help but like him much like Fortune :D

He suits this more direct style in a much lower quality league. He's probably an above average player at this level, but he's got no pace no real flair aside from the odd flick or turn no eye for goal and zero vision so fans struggle to take to him. He has got quality but it's very much embedded at Championship level.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #777 on: March 29, 2019, 11:11:48 PM »
Played very well when he came on and held the ball up well.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #778 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:26 PM »
I’m no fan but made a huge difference tonight and well done to Shan for bringing him on. He gave their defence something to worry about.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #779 on: March 29, 2019, 11:53:14 PM »
offers a lot more than Rodriguez.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #780 on: March 29, 2019, 11:57:32 PM »
Said it for a while, he holds the ball up better than any other attackers in our team, puts himself about, offers us an aerial option and is generally smart on the ball. Certainly felt more positive when we brought him on tonight

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #781 on: March 30, 2019, 01:57:01 AM »
He's a frustrating player to watch at times, he blows hot or cold and nothing between, though he does seemingly relish playing against more physical teams like tonight and has been holding the ball up well for us. Certainly works much harder for the team than J-Rod does who truly frustrates me more than HRK does at the moment.

I was actually pleased to see him coming on at half time. I am worried for myself.

I was also pleased to see him come on at half time and basically made the same comment as you  ;D

It seem's that HRK is beginning to create himself a bit of an odd "cult hero" type thing with us at the moment.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #782 on: March 30, 2019, 07:06:09 AM »
Reminds me of Joe Mayo in the way he just ignores the groans, gets his head down and does his job.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #783 on: March 30, 2019, 08:24:32 AM »
offers a lot more than Rodriguez.

Unless you count goal scoring of course. But he makes a difference for sure.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #784 on: March 30, 2019, 08:34:46 AM »
I have grown into a Robson-Kanu fan. He was a breath of fresh air when he came on last night. He seems to play better when playing with both Rodriguez and Gayle

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #785 on: March 30, 2019, 08:37:03 AM »
I have grown into a Robson-Kanu fan. He was a breath of fresh air when he came on last night. He seems to play better when playing with both Rodriguez and Gayle

The thing with HRK is he is like Rondon. He has a great game 1 every 8 games and the other 7 he is absolutely dire.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #786 on: March 30, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »
I hate to say it but we look so much better with him in the side

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #787 on: March 30, 2019, 09:27:14 AM »

I was one of his biggest critics but he’s proved me wrong.  Will never be a goalscorer but is an underrated targetman, runs his socks off every game and is increasingly a key player for us.  We are a lot weaker without him.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #788 on: March 30, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
I said to my mate at half time we need Robson-Kanu out there because there is no outlet and no one to hold the ball up. Job done!

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #789 on: March 30, 2019, 11:07:27 AM »
I was one of his biggest critics but he’s proved me wrong.  Will never be a goalscorer but is an underrated targetman, runs his socks off every game and is increasingly a key player for us.  We are a lot weaker without him.

Disagree. He played well last night and against Leeds at home. Majority of his other performances he has been absolutely dire.

No other team in the championship would give him a contract IMO.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #790 on: March 30, 2019, 12:07:35 PM »

Disagree. He played well last night and against Leeds at home. Majority of his other performances he has been absolutely dire.

We will have to agree to disagree

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #791 on: March 30, 2019, 12:18:40 PM »

I thought he was very good against Boro , when he was subbed we lost our hold up / out ball . Villa away for 45 mins he played well too , I think the9 key is having Gayle or Jrod in the same side or both . On his own I'd agree Hal wouldn't be up to it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #792 on: March 30, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »
I thought he was very good against Boro , when he was subbed we lost our hold up / out ball . Villa away for 45 mins he played well too , I think the9 key is having Gayle or Jrod in the same side or both . On his own I'd agree Hal wouldn't be up to it.

Spot on

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #793 on: March 30, 2019, 02:13:21 PM »
He was excellent last night, changed the match for us. He linked well with Gayle and Holgate.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #794 on: March 31, 2019, 07:31:35 AM »
He was excellent last night, changed the match for us. He linked well with Gayle and Holgate.

I think if Shan is going to persist with 2 up top it be worth playing him in a 2 with Gayle
O Albion we love you

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #795 on: March 31, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »
He's best used as a sub IMHO, he can put it about a bit if we need to shake it up, as on Friday

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #796 on: March 31, 2019, 05:28:24 PM »
He's still a poor player. He just looks good because he was replacing Morrison, who should have been let go last summer, if not before.

In an ideal world, we'd have Phillips fit, and so would have the balance that we didn't have with Morrison. However if we aren't going to get anything from Murphy / Montero / Leko, etc., it looks like he'll have to do.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #797 on: September 29, 2019, 02:08:19 AM »
I'm  probably going to get shot down for this,but purely based on performances on the pitch this season I would currently have him over Austin and Zamore,and lets get this straight I'm no big fan but purely going on current performances versus the other 2 forwards

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #798 on: September 29, 2019, 02:28:46 AM »
He's such a waste of money. He's ok as a player but I get frustrated by how much he is getting paid for the return he gives. He did alright the other night in the U23's by all accounts😏

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #799 on: September 29, 2019, 08:59:55 AM »
I thought he made a huge impact today, showed more than Austin but there is no credit for him from our fan base because of who he is.

Assist and the keeper with a great save to deny him.
Also he had 2 tap ins but Edwards was greedy.

Give him a start Slav.