Author Topic: The morning after ...  (Read 5805 times)

wdbroun

The morning after ...
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »
OK, it's morning still in America (11:45 am), but I realise for most of you Brits, it's early evening now.

I am still feeling in state of shock and sadness about the Reading game. God, that really sucked. Are you still heartsick, or are you beginning to dig out from the doldrums?

I feel worried more than excited about the next game, honestly. That's not good. There's this queasy feeling in my stomach that won't go away.

It truly must be one of the most horrendous losses in recent WBAFC history, eh?

How are you coping, emotionally??? I wish I could hear more of that English stiff-upper-lip thing and less panic, but maybe panic's good?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:52:46 PM by wdbroun »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: The morning after ...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »
OK, it's morning still in America (11:45 am), but I realise for most of you Brits, it's early evening now.

I am still feeling in state of shock and sadness about the Reading game. God, that really sucked. Are you still heartsick, or are you beginning to dig out from the doldrums?

I feel worried more than excited about the next game, honestly. That's not good. There's this queasy feeling in my stomach that won't go away.

How are you coping, emotionally???
Hangover from hell
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »
woke up thinking 'ffs albion!'

Turkish baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 05:17:15 PM »
rubbish feeling but I'm afraid I've got used to this will my Albion!

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »
Woke up still bewildered by the result, and a message from the moderator saying one more " text " type messge on here from me and good chance i'll be banned permanantly so wasn't a good weekend to be a fan to say the least. Hopefully this isn't a text type message as i haven't a clue what i'm doing wrong. Winning the next 2 games will restore some faith in the players and the fans. 

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 05:21:51 PM »
Haven't thought about it that much today. I had work straight after the game so pretty much had the shift from hell,worst mood ever.

I think the best thing for me to do after such a game is ignore the internet for a few hours because i tend to get carried away in the doom and gloom. A few hours keeping busy and avoiding match of the day is a decent tonic for a bad result. At the risk of sounding arrogant there was only one premier league quality team on show yesterday,on another day Olsson wouldnt have made a rash challenge and we would have beat them by 3 or 4.

I'm sure when our squad is fit they ll pick up where they left off, still think we'll beat and villa
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:23:26 PM by baggie-boy-ethan »

bigt

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »
I still felt sick and angry this morning.WTF Baggies!!!

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 05:30:42 PM »
(Off-topic interjection: I think it means simply to write in complete sentences with proper punctuation and mechanics, normalized grammar, and capital letters, and to avoid SMS message-style abbreviations (LOL, ROFL, STFU, etc.)
That's where im confused as i don't use abbreviations so must be how i word things, thankyou for helping though, i doubt i'll message much anymore for fear of being banned.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 05:42:16 PM »
I just think," that's football". We shouldn't act cock sure and arrogant when we win and don't get too depressed when this kinno thing happens. I remember a certain Lee Hughes's debut v Crewe, we were 2-1 down he came on with 5 mins to go he bagged 2 debut goals. Kevin Phillips v Luton with 2 goals in INJURY TIME. these things happen yes we've had more against us this season so hopefully between now and the end o the season we may get some late breaks ourselves. There's always next Saturday
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »
That's where im confused as i don't use abbreviations so must be how i word things, thankyou for helping though, i doubt i'll message much anymore for fear of being banned.

I sent you a message with full details of us not allowing text speak on the forum after you had a large number of messages either edited or removed within a short space of time. We've had the rules of the forum for a number of years now and most people are okay with it and in some cases have gone from persistent offenders to not using it at all. Surely its not to difficult to type 'you' instead of the lazy way of 'u' ?

Thats all we ask, we don't ask for people to go for grammar or punctuation lessons, just the simple task of typing full words.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
Perhaps more disappointing than the result yesterday is the realisation that our season is over in mid-January.

Going to spend the remainder of the season hoping Villa go down, we are safe and our results from now on in the league are borderline irrelevant. Hope we have a go at the FA Cup atleast.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »
The morning after and its STILL A F***ING DISGRACE !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
A good title idea for a book about the contemporary history of Albion?  ;D

Yes I like it!! That sums up many a after game feeling!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »

How are you coping, emotionally??? I wish I could hear more of that English stiff-upper-lip thing and less panic, but maybe panic's good?

I was fine this morning, I felt very content with life, it was a beautiful morning, cold but a nice clear sky and I woke up and realised I was alive - so on that basis it was the best day of my life.

I'd have been even happier if we hadn't lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
I sent you a message with full details of us not allowing text speak on the forum after you had a large number of messages either edited or removed within a short space of time. We've had the rules of the forum for a number of years now and most people are okay with it and in some cases have gone from persistent offenders to not using it at all. Surely its not to difficult to type 'you' instead of the lazy way of 'u' ?

Thats all we ask, we don't ask for people to go for grammar or punctuation lessons, just the simple task of typing full words.
Well that certainly told me, i'm relatively new to it all so was bound to make error's along the way, but i'll respect the ways of the forum and learn as i go along and if it was a simple case of me using as you say the " lazy " way then i'll do my best to remember.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »
Well that certainly told me, i'm relatively new to it all so was bound to make error's along the way, but i'll respect the ways of the forum and learn as i go along and if it was a simple case of me using as you say the " lazy " way then i'll do my best to remember.

The rules are here, including a complete list of forbidden text-speak.

We moderate on the assumption that everyone has read and understood the rules, so you may not get a warning first if you break them a couple of times. There is simply too much content being posted to have conversations first with every offender.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
I can take us losing usually but this hurt more than any defeat since the Derby play off final. It has taken this long to even bring myself to post at all.

Poor substitutions and poor defending in the last few minutes spoilt a very good performance overall but the game is played over 90 and not 80 minutes. Really really gutted and will take a while to get over this!
Gera, Gera, Gera

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
Just post like you just did mate? Easy can you imagine the mods trying to read a jumbled alphabet of loads of posts?!!
Not sure if its me but I can read proper written word faster than text speak?
And on topic.........well Albion not first time thats the "JOY" of it!! :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »
Just post like you just did mate? Easy can you imagine the mods trying to read a jumbled alphabet of loads of posts?!!
Not sure if its me but I can read proper written word faster than text speak?
And on topic.........well Albion not first time thats the "JOY" of it!! :D

You need to get down wiv da youff! ;D
Baggie in Southampton

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 08:34:35 PM »
You need to get down wiv da youff! ;D
I feel a headache coming on!!
On topic like this mornins!! ::)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
I can take us losing usually but this hurt more than any defeat since the Derby play off final. It has taken this long to even bring myself to post at all.

Poor substitutions and poor defending in the last few minutes spoilt a very good performance overall but the game is played over 90 and not 80 minutes. Really really gutted and will take a while to get over this!

Mate, this had nothing to do with you so don't get depressed over it. Some of our players lost their heads badly, and it is an obvious wake up call that some of our players are not as good as they think they are. I wasn't even surprised at our meltdown tbh, I was annoyed as I watched it unfold, but not surprised.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 09:15:06 PM »
The night after i still see my self saying "F*** Sake Albion" or something extremely similar.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
Strangely on FIFA 13 in career mode I just got to this part if the season, 2-0 up against reading and sure as the sky is blue I threw away the lead and lost 2-3, and it was pogrebnyack who scored te injury time winner!

Bit weird! I even subbed Rosenberg of for Dorrans and tamas on. Maybe it's just destiny I'm scared to play villa as maybe it's an all prophicising game!!?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 10:18:09 PM »
I feel disappointed, yet somehow I'm not surprised.

Ever since I've been going to the Albion over the past 19 years, Albion have never failed to shock me. I keep expecting us to change, but it seems as though it's in our blood.

We always seem to throw away points against teams we should be beating, and often raise our game against some of the biggest names in football.

I do feel very upset about yesterdays game and just hope we bounce back with a convincing win against Villa, otherwise I may just become a little more negative with regards the powers that be.

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
The more in think about it the more i get bothered about it, my positive outlook is that it put Reading 3 points behind Villa so thats the best thing that came of it. I'm worried that this kind of thing can be like an infection on the squad in the sense the confidence will have been hammered and the nature of this loss can linger for a long time. The club as a whole needs to fight back on Tuesday night with a positive result and go straight into the Derby live on TV showing how good we really are, trying to build rather than looking back at how it might effect
t us. For all our talking this year the boys need show this saturday that we really are PRIDE OF THE MIDLANDS!
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 11:31:03 PM »
I was really dissapointed this morning how we threw it away and giving some poor goals away. But thats football were all used to it now. Always look for the postivies scored twice, and Villa are in even more trouble, we are still 7th too.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:28 AM »
30 years of following Albion and I'm used to days like this , that said I've avoided all media since the final whistle! :-[ :)

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 02:25:20 AM »
I still feel sick to the bone!

Thats football and sadly over the 35+ years of watching the Albion, THATS ALBION!

Move on and get some great results over the next few weeks and all will be forgotten.

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 07:59:36 AM »
That's Football however ......

Cup replay tomorrow night ..... Villa at home on Saturday

Yesterday is history ...... Rose Tinted Glasses order of the day

We ALL know what we are ...... lick our wounds and get on with it

Nobody died (I think)

bam101

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
Great post Lewisant made me giggle....dare you play the Villa game and let us know the outcome. Still cant believe the capitulation at Reading hope the lads play like Demons tonight and give Harry a big dose of the go aways!!

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

The morning after ...
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
Look at the clubs that always win the games they're supposed to win, and ask yourself if you want to be like their fans.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:25 PM »
Great post Lewisant made me giggle....dare you play the Villa game and let us know the outcome. Still cant believe the capitulation at Reading hope the lads play like Demons tonight and give Harry a big dose of the go aways!!

I played it, there was an injury time goal, an equaliser for West Brom, however Rosenberg scored so it's highly unrealistic that isn't it?!?