Author Topic: 28 Jan 2020 Cardiff City 2 Albion 1  (Read 52638 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:01 PM »
Slaven out anyone?

NO

embarrassing question
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:11 PM »
Should have played the FA Cup team
Disgraceful!
 >:(
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:21 PM »
I said before the game he had to keep faith with the Cup team. He didn't and we got beat. Worst thing about it is, based on the goals conceded, we don't lose if the Johnstone's and Livermore's don't waltz straight back in.

The aforementioned 2, plus Bartley and Kanu (this is the spine of the team remember) are all terrible footballers and were abysmal tonight.

Felt for Phillips and Krovinović who were the pick of our lot with the two young full backs also doing well.

Bilić will find himself in trouble sooner than you'd think if he doesn't jettison some of his favourites. This run would have seen the back of better managers than him in the past.

The window won't resolve anything unless he sorts that spine out. None of them should be considered starters going forward.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:26 PM »
Bottle jobs, Phillips 1 good cross out of 10, Edwards cant cross to save his life. Livermore is a lump again, Just proves even though we won at West Ham, We really are a 2 man team.

Maybe not being top will mentally make them relax more but man, Throwing away a 13 point lead has made them bottle it.

Is this the West Brom way....

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:59 PM »
They’ve got what they deserved - bottled the league. Threw away all the earlier hard work.

The two goals tonight was school football stuff - woeful.

No ideas, no creativity. Slow, pedestrian rubbish.

Edwards, phillips, HRK, Zohore, Livermore, Ferguson, Sawyers - not good enough. Anonymous
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:11 PM »
Really difficult to sum up my emotions right now. So much wrong with the team. A left side with 2 right footers.

HRK back to his normal self.

Bartley back to his old last season give the ball away self. Liability.

SJ. Still can’t believe this lad is our number 1. He must have some dirt on people at our club. No doubt he’ll start next game and have another clanger.

Sawyers and Livermore just don’t work. For all his pretty passing what does Sawyers actually do? Doesn’t offer no protection to the Defense and just wants the ball in our half. He’s really starting to annoy me now.

Bilic made some wrong decisions tonight and it’s not the first time. We really shouldn’t be subbing our fullbacks as much as we do. Furlong should of started, he’s got great pace and gives us an outlet.

Really really really poor night and results for once didn’t go our way. We have a massive battle now to remain in play offs let alone automatics
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:23 PM »
Weve thrown it, why cant we get players in sooner, instead of messing around until the last day.
Because we are a joke of a club! We have (& always seem to have) tight fisted owners who won't invest a penny in the club, not to mention a joke of a chairman who knows nothing about football only how to save costs (which any idiot can do). For the sake of speculating a few quid we are throwing away the chance of mega money in the Prem.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:40 PM »
Slaven out anyone?
May as well, he has no answers. Talks a good game when things going well but the test of a good manager is how they come when it's not and he is failing miserably.
Our tactics are a bleeding mystery at the minute. Brian Robson school of management, just keep shuffling the pack and hope for the best.
Season looks blown, play offs at best

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #333 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:50 PM »
Very poor again. The big points lead we had and have now lost papered over some big problems - Johnstone is poor and we need an experiwnced keeper in,  we can't defend in the air (zonal marking,) we lack drive in midfield (pretty with no progress) and most importantly we have no quality , consistent striker. Quite depressing tonight .

Time for Bilic to fundamentaly change things. Back to the drawing board
 We look terrible at the moment. I can only see us continuing to struggle  - do the same things = same results.

bangeminbob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #334 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
Talk of new players is just that ,talk ,you can only believe a player is interested in coming to the Albion when they run out in the shirt.
It’s always been the same every window leave it late pick up scraps.
Playoffs at best .

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
Both Moore and Shan changed things around to halt bad runs of form successfully. Even with a massive cushion Bilic has done absolutely nothing. Lets not forget we've played some of the worst teams in the league during this run.

Moore was sacked for a run of form far less terrible than this, I honestly can't see where the next win is coming from any more. We're so bad defensively and teams have worked us out.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:37 PM »
This habit of Bilic changing full backs about is getting annoying now , all it does is unsettle the side and I felt Townsend was missed .
The Livermore / Sawyers duo looks found out and broken now , our midfielders have now dried up goal wise too which was always the danger when Bilic builds a team in a 4 2 3 1 and the striker role is for the team not for scoring primarily .
Chuck money at it yes but Bilic needs to have a good look at himself .
Weak , slow in key areas and Johnstone needs dropping now , flat footed after showing Tomlin where to put that.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »
We lacked intensity and quality. Bilic is clearly not Corberan we thought he was a couple of months ago. His selections and tactics have been woeful. Get some new blood in Friday or the slump will continue

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2020, 09:52:08 PM »
Ajayi back in soon please

Furlong Right Back

Townsend back in for now

Bond in goal

Can’t wait for Peirera and Diangana to come back

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2020, 09:52:59 PM »
Get at least 2 new quality signings by Friday

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »
Bilic will be gone soon. The board aren’t blind to these results. Something deeper in the camp is going on here.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2020, 09:53:34 PM »
Cardiff City v West Bromwich Albion

Tuesday 28th January 2020 19.45pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Bartley and Hegazi can’t play together, never could never will

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2020, 09:54:01 PM »
Agree about the full backs, no idea why Furlong was left out tonight, I can see why Townsend was though, he was shocking against Stoke and Ferguson the better defender. Centre of defence has gone to pieces regardless of who plays, upfront no movement at all and without Diangana especially and Pereira that creative spark just non existent.

Big few days coming for Bilic

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
Bilic needs backing

We’re crying out for some strength in key positions

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »

Big few days for the club

They need to pull a rabbit out of hat

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2020, 09:55:38 PM »
I can barely type, so angry, why would you rush to try a pass like that, we had all this last year, if it goes wrong we are all out of position and they are all onside.  And with Z and Austin on, what's wrong with an old fashioned goalie punting up the middle, they didn't like it s couple of times we did it.  Another evening ruined.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2020, 09:56:29 PM »
I said before the game he had to keep faith with the Cup team. He didn't and we got beat. Worst thing about it is, based on the goals conceded, we don't lose if the Johnstone's and Livermore's don't waltz straight back in.

The aforementioned 2, plus Bartley and Kanu (this is the spine of the team remember) are all terrible footballers and were abysmal tonight.

Felt for Phillips and Krovinović who were the pick of our lot with the two young full backs also doing well.

Bilić will find himself in trouble sooner than you'd think if he doesn't jettison some of his favourites. This run would have seen the back of better managers than him in the past.

The window won't resolve anything unless he sorts that spine out. None of them should be considered starters going forward.

On the spine I could not agree more. None of the four mentioned should be anywhere near the starting line up.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2020, 09:57:30 PM »
Wow, just wow.

A team who went on the longest winning run in years have morphed into a woefully inept bunch of bottlers. It is inexplicable.

I've been told by many on here how wonderful Bartley is - I profoundly disagree. He is a pub league player who I'm ashamed to say represents this great club. He is not fit to wear the shirt.

Kanu had his purple patch (if you can call it that) and has returned to the pathetic excuse of a player he's been for the vast majority of his career. Another one who isn't fit to wear the shirt.

I am still behind Slaven, but he has got to change things up for Saturday and it is vital we get some fresh blood in, preferably up top and in the middle of the pitch as Livermore and Sawyers are looking like impostors at the minute.

On the plus side, I felt Phillips looked okay and Krovinovic is a bit brighter. O'Shea is a whole-hearted footballer and mistake aside, fitted in well.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »
Agree about the full backs, no idea why Furlong was left out tonight, I can see why Townsend was though, he was shocking against Stoke and Ferguson the better defender. Centre of defence has gone to pieces regardless of who plays, upfront no movement at all and without Diangana especially and Pereira that creative spark just non existent.

To be honest mate I believe Ferguson now thinks he’s made it big time. I don’t think he’s played well for months.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2020, 09:57:42 PM »
Slaven out anyone?

Absolutely not, he's done a great job. Insane and embarrassing to suggest sacking the manager, he can only work with the squad he's got.

Sam Johnstone: He's rubbish, he's always been rubbish and will always be rubbish. He distribution is good, everything else is sub-par. Replacing him with Bond is long overdue but I can't see it. He's was a big money signing and is too senior to drop.

O'Shea: I wasn't particularly impressed tonight, poor on the ball, can't get up and down, a back-up player that shouldn't be in the 16 if our first team is available.

Hegazi: This bloke is a shambles. Laughably bad centre back. Our collapse has coincided with his return to fitness. Get rid asap.

Bartley: Up to the end of the year he was superb. The last few weeks he's been rubbish. Not helped by the centre back partnership with Ajayi been broken up. Our only decent partnership this season has been him and Ajayi so that has to be the go to option, especially when Hegazi is a cart horse who drags the team back by playing so deep and hogging possession.

Furlong: First game for a while, average, no massive clangers but wasn't much help for their first. Who know's with this kid, might be off next week.

Livermore: Should be dropped for Barry. Doesn't offer enough on the ball and isn't a very intelligent or natural footballer.

Sawyers: Poor but still one of our better players.

Krov: Did alright, missed a sitter though. Back on the bench if Perreria is fit.

Phillips: Doesn't score, doesn't assist, can't be bothered to defend and doesn't look like he gives a toss either which way. He strikes me as a luxury player who is quite happy to still be playing his football in the championship next season. He isn't hungry enough.

Edwards: A sub who should remain an impact sub, another back-up player in the team through injuries to others.

HRK: Isolated and carried no threat. Should be swapped out for Austin but the whole attitude of the team needs to change. Hegazi busy dragging the team deep onto of our GK, leaving HRK upfront out muscled. The shape is all wrong.

Overall: With injuries / suspensions to Gibbs, Perriera, Diangana and Ajayi we are left with a mid-table championship team and they are playing like one. All of those need to come back in asap, along with Furlong (surprised he didn't start) and Barry needs to replace Livermore.