Author Topic: Kyle Edwards  (Read 44125 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Kyle Edwards
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »
Big season for the lad and out of contract next June. I really hope we've made him a realistic offer and play him more often as I don't want another Rekeem Harper/Tyler Roberts scenario.
Yes to playing him more often, he looks pretty decent. I hope Bilic takes the selection attitude of if in doubt have faith in the youngster and play him/them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 09:33:24 PM »
i have a feeling he is going to have a great season,our best player in the first half v villareal didn't seem to push forward as much 2nd half without gibbs behind him,and overall our best player v Scunthorpe yesterday,he is like lighting and as good control with ball at his feet

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »
If he doesn't play much, he will be gone.

He was pretty fed up with not getting more time last season.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2019, 07:56:24 PM »
i have a feeling he is going to have a great season,our best player in the first half v villareal didn't seem to push forward as much 2nd half without gibbs behind him,and overall our best player v Scunthorpe yesterday,he is like lighting and as good control with ball at his feet

Has become our best academy product at the moment, I would put him ahead of Leko and Field.

Happy to see him involved more this year 100%

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2019, 08:08:37 PM »
It was weird how he disappeared a bit almost directly after a few good performances and a goal.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 09:33:50 PM »
It was weird how he disappeared a bit almost directly after a few good performances and a goal.
Cowardice from the manager(s) at the time, always going back to the steady old boys.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 11:11:55 PM »
He's like a modern day Lloyd Dyer, who is unplayable intermittently.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2019, 11:29:50 PM »
Much more about him than Dyer with respect , always stood out when I've seen him playing for U23's .
Desperate for a run of games here or elsewhere , personally think he's ready for us now.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2019, 12:52:02 AM »
Leko is more of a Lloyd Dyer than Edwards, Edwards seems to have a lot more to his game thab just beating a man. Really needs game time with us this season and didn't look out of place at all in any of the games he played including when he was thrown in as right wing back.

Certainly needs to be coming off the bench as an impact player.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2019, 01:09:44 AM »
Him and Burke need to be given a chance this season. Leko on the other hand needs a full season in league 1 to resurrect his career
O Albion we love you

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »
Him and Burke need to be given a chance this season. Leko on the other hand needs a full season in league 1 to resurrect his career

Spot on about Leko, the kids development has stalled massively, he needs a season of football now to see if he can actually cut it or not.

Edwards for me is ready to be around the first team now, getting game time. Hasn't looked out of place in any of the games he has featured in, and looks a threat in pre season again.

Burke looked sharp the weekend also - still have doubts about what his best position is.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2019, 12:03:53 PM »
Leko is more of a Lloyd Dyer than Edwards, Edwards seems to have a lot more to his game thab just beating a man. Really needs game time with us this season and didn't look out of place at all in any of the games he played including when he was thrown in as right wing back.

Certainly needs to be coming off the bench as an impact player.

I think my opinion of Dyer has been misunderstood.

He had a very long, good career and on his day he was unplayable.

That's the impression I get of Edward, who I have seen play at u23 level too, where he was usually overshadowed by Rayhon Tulloch when I watched them play.

In relation to Leko, you cannot compare him to Dyer, as he cannot even lace his boots yet, as he has done absolutely nothing in the game.

He needs to go down to league one or two play games. The impression I get with Leko is that he thought he had made it when he signed his last, long contract.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
Matt Wilson posted a picture on Twitter of Bilic spending some time on the pitch (presumably after the game?) talking with Edwards. Hopefully he'll be in the picture a bit more this year; at least seems to be getting attention from the head coach.

https://twitter.com/mattwilson_star/status/1153766415209512964

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2019, 05:49:51 PM »
Looked our biggest threat the majority of pre season and was a top 2 or 3 performer last week - great to see him get the goal to cap off his performance.

I hope Edwards is still given a good chance this season, of course there will be rotation and time will tell how consistent he can be but with the influx of players in his position it is a little worry of mine that he may take a backseat to the players with bigger reputations.

Good sign that him and Ferguson were put straight in last week in what was a potentially very dificult opener.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2019, 06:46:49 PM »
Class again today. Maybe should have been subbed, legs seemed to go a bit but ran his socks off, the lad

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »
Another strong performance today. Looks very powerful on the ball, running at defenders, but also showing trickery to put defenders off balance.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2019, 07:54:49 PM »
some fantastic skill in the first half today,does tend to start his runs to deep if we can feed him the ball further up the pitch on the shoulder of the last defender he will be devasting

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »
some fantastic skill in the first half today,does tend to start his runs to deep if we can feed him the ball further up the pitch on the shoulder of the last defender he will be devasting

Good point regarding the runs, obviously very difficult defence to break through today but he certainly looked to be the key, particularly first half. A couple of fantastic balls into the box that hopefully an in form Austin can get on the end of, pleased to see he looks comfortable going either way, will continue to pose a lot of problems.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »
Good lad, here's to a long and successful career at the club.Will have to get used to the idea that there will undoubtedly be some rotation of players this season and he will have to scrap for his place.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »
Dare I say he reminds me of a young Clive Clark.
So he'd better prepare himself for some dirty tackles coming his way.
He's a great talent and so is young Fergie,

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2019, 07:03:54 PM »
Looks more confident every game. More game time and decent coaching will make this young man a success at the Hawthorns.
You can see how much he is enjoying first team duties compared to the stop/start of  last season.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2019, 08:25:46 AM »
i thought he didn't look that great on Saturday, maybe that could have been how the team were playing.

there is definitely a player in there for us in the future unlike Leko but i think he needs to be used sporadically this season to help his development.

the new loan players i can envisage taking his spot in the team.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
He's starting to look like the player I thought Leko was going to become.

He is looking more comfortable with first team football and doesn't look out of place. Gives us a real threat from the wing.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
i thought he didn't look that great on Saturday, maybe that could have been how the team were playing.

there is definitely a player in there for us in the future unlike Leko but i think he needs to be used sporadically this season to help his development.

the new loan players i can envisage taking his spot in the team.
Agree with this .Keep him fresh almost naive so as every time he plays he is ready to bomb on. No reason why this can't be done now as we have plenty of cover in those positions.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »
There were a couple of times when he was caught out by his inexperience, but he was very good for the most part. Loved the passing triangles with Gibbs and Krovinovic.