Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 770364 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3950 on: March 11, 2021, 07:49:10 PM »
If he hasn't retired, get him fit and give him a playing contract to the end of the season!!

Ole Ole!!

;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3951 on: March 11, 2021, 07:52:00 PM »
YESSSSSS 🤩🥳🥳

'Chris is particularly looking forward to working with next season's young, progressive and attacking first team coach as he returns for his third stint at the Hawthorns. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you Ron Atkinson'.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3952 on: March 11, 2021, 09:24:51 PM »
I don't care whether a coach has played for the club or not it simply does not matter it makes no difference. Equally it does not matter at what level a coach has played although there is some evidence that great players do not always make great coaches.

Chris Brunt is now a coach toward the bottom end of the coaching ladder he is not Chris Brunt the player it is now what he does as a coach that matters just as it was with Darren Moore.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3953 on: March 12, 2021, 08:04:11 AM »
Welcome Home Chris Brunt and if you turn out to be as good a coach as you were player, that'll do for me
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3954 on: March 12, 2021, 08:12:40 AM »
Graeme Jones had a decent track record how well did he do here?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3955 on: March 12, 2021, 08:30:18 AM »
I don't think it's unreasonable to let Chris Brunt develop his coaching skills with WBA Academy

In return, he will be able to pass on his own experiences of game management to our development players.

Seems like a win-win to me.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3956 on: March 12, 2021, 09:02:15 AM »
First job should be working with Pereira on corners!

Could go either way with Brunty. He no doubt has a great love for the club and was incredibly loyal, which may serve the youngsters well when their heads get turned!

He always struck me as a bit temperamental though and, especially in his latter years, his head dropped at times when things didn't go our way. Only borne out of passion though so, hopefully, he can get that passion instilled in the kids.

Well deserved, hope he does well.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3957 on: March 12, 2021, 09:21:36 AM »
I felt for a couple of years that there was a clique of players with too much "influence' at the club, I would have thought (absolutely zero evidence) that Mozza and Brunty were members if not leaders of that clique, there have been hints from a couple of ex players that those outside the clique could find life difficult, lets hope that we are not seeing that pattern repeat itself. (if true).   And yes, i do accept that cliques / bands of brothers exist in all walks of life, they can often be very divisive I feel.

been thinking about this a bit and i suppose the counter argument is the Liverpool bootroom of Shanks/ MUFC old boys success of SAF, Lets hope its the latter and not a divisive clique.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:23:51 AM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3958 on: March 12, 2021, 09:41:12 AM »
I'm pleased by this. Brunt was a model professional so will be a good influence to the kids...he seems more humbled than a lot of modern footballers too. With that in mind I don't see it as jobs for the boys like some are saying.

Has to be a positive, getting people of his calibre around the youngsters.
Baggie in Southampton

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3959 on: March 12, 2021, 11:05:46 AM »
I presume he's doing or done his coaching badges? Hope this isn't an old boys club?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3960 on: March 12, 2021, 11:23:29 AM »
I presume he's doing or done his coaching badges? Hope this isn't an old boys club?
Brunt’s had his badges for years. Plus, from what I’ve been told, the 4 who have been given coaching roles in recent years (Brunt, Morrison, Myhill and Fletcher) all used to do work with the academy when they were players so it’s not a massive leap to have offered them positions at the club they already had some experience with.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3961 on: March 12, 2021, 06:41:57 PM »
I don't think it's unreasonable to let Chris Brunt develop his coaching skills with WBA Academy

In return, he will be able to pass on his own experiences of game management to our development players.

Most balanced post on this item. I see nothing wrong in the appointment, like anyone he has everything to prove, but if he meets the task with the same passion as he did playing, excellent. We'll see won't we.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3962 on: March 12, 2021, 07:00:16 PM »
If he hasn't retired, get him fit and give him a playing contract to the end of the season!!

Ole Ole!!

;)
He won’t get in ahead of pogba and Fred
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3963 on: March 12, 2021, 07:00:30 PM »

It is looking like jobs for the boys, I still think there is a place in our set up for Super Bob. Not that many of today’s players would know of him though.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3964 on: March 12, 2021, 07:02:38 PM »
It is looking like jobs for the boys, I still think there is a place in our set up for Super Bob. Not that many of today’s players would know of him though.
Why....what qualification does he have

Let’s have skinner and Clapton on the board
Lenny henry director of football
James Quinn and Bernard mcnally in charge of the club shop
And Fabian defreitus in charge of the digital clock
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3965 on: March 12, 2021, 07:08:46 PM »
Why....what qualification does he have

Let’s have skinner and Clapton on the board
Lenny henry director of football
James Quinn and Bernard mcnally in charge of the club shop
And Fabian defreitus in charge of the digital clock

What qualifications does anyone have when starting out?

But yes more the merrier! If we’re having a job for the boys culture let’s do it properly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 07:12:32 PM by BB74 »

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3966 on: March 12, 2021, 07:10:43 PM »

A good player in his day, but game management wasn't a strength, unless you mean last ditch tackles to give away last minute free kicks on the edge of our box
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3967 on: March 12, 2021, 07:12:09 PM »
What qualifications do anyone starting out in anything?

But yes more the merrier! If we’re having a job for the boys culture let’s do it properly.
😂
I just think that people like ex players, need to cut their teeth in the lower divisions first.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3968 on: March 12, 2021, 08:37:14 PM »
Just don't get this love in for Brunt never have never will.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3969 on: March 12, 2021, 09:52:26 PM »
I feel as if Dowling must sit there and gaze hopelessly out of his office window at the clubs training ground thinking over and over in his head "We are losing the fans and its a bit grim at the minute what can we do to lighten the mood? Appoint a popular former player!" it stinks of jobs for the boys. That's Boaz Myhill, James Morrison and Chris Brunt now and fans want scharner around the place because he had a passionate rant about how other clubs do it overseas and applied it to us on a podcast? Mental.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3970 on: March 12, 2021, 10:29:38 PM »
From Luke Dowling

“For Boaz and James it was important for them to test the water to see if coaching was for them and we’re delighted with the progress they have made in a relatively short period. 

“This is a similar opportunity for Chris to ensure coaching is the next step for him and we’re confident his wealth of knowledge of this football club, in particular, will benefit both parties as he makes the transition from player to coach.

Not sure I can see what's wrong with that.

It must be really difficult to make the transition when your professional career is over.
Giving an ex player a helping hand has to be a positive act doesn't it?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3971 on: March 12, 2021, 11:13:06 PM »
From Luke Dowling

Not sure I can see what's wrong with that.

It must be really difficult to make the transition when your professional career is over.
Giving an ex player a helping hand has to be a positive act doesn't it?
It can be a negative act if there are better options available.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3972 on: March 12, 2021, 11:29:33 PM »
Might be good, might be brilliant, might be bad, might be disastrous, Not one of us knows at the moment, so what about giving the guy a go? Just do not get the trend on here for the negativity, even hatred aimed at West Brom Players and ex players.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3973 on: March 13, 2021, 01:10:15 AM »
Might be good, might be brilliant, might be bad, might be disastrous, Not one of us knows at the moment, so what about giving the guy a go? Just do not get the trend on here for the negativity, even hatred aimed at West Brom Players and ex players.

Its not hatred towards ex West brom players it's questioning the methods. I couldn't care less who they last played for whether it be us or another club. I want the best options we can attract who are the most qualified for the job. There's no loyalty in this game I'm sorry but if Brunt was an option but there's somebody more experienced who can improve us ijn someway better than Brunt can then you take the more experienced option that isn't chris Brunt.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3974 on: March 13, 2021, 08:41:37 AM »
He's come in as an assistant to the PL2 Coach, IMO, we're not likely to get much better than CB at that level.