Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 770257 times)

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3900 on: August 22, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »
I wonder is there a coaching role with Mozza available, good servants but there's a reason they have been with us for so long.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3901 on: August 22, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »
It is a little surprising that Brunt hasn't rocked up at Stoke given everyone put two and two together following the January deal which broke down.

I am not altogether surprised that he hasn't found a club. He wants to remain in the midlands which does narrow the field a little, but the bigger problem is that Championship clubs have very little money and even on a free Brunt won't be cheap even if he took a significant wage cut.

And just for the record no we have said our goodbyes that is an end to it.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3902 on: August 22, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »
I doubt that Stoke, like most clubs at that level, are rolling in money at the moment. He is a talented player, but think he will have to accept a fair drop in wages. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3903 on: August 22, 2020, 02:16:11 PM »
He will get fixed up provided he is flexible with wages which he can certainly afford to be. We shouldn’t even consider him and I don’t think we will.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3904 on: August 22, 2020, 03:04:29 PM »
I wonder is there a coaching role with Mozza available, good servants but there's a reason they have been with us for so long.
Yeah...doesn’t matter if they can actually coach or not...let’s run the place on sentiment .
Let’s get Liwall,Donovan,Hunt and Bradley back as well ...make positions for all of em .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3905 on: August 22, 2020, 03:08:41 PM »
Yeah...doesn’t matter if they can actually coach or not...let’s run the place on sentiment .
Let’s get Liwall,Donovan,Hunt and Bradley back as well ...make positions for all of em .
I get what you're saying, but Brunt has done coaching before while still a player. he's had his badges for years too.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3906 on: August 22, 2020, 03:45:31 PM »
I doubt that Stoke, like most clubs at that level, are rolling in money at the moment. He is a talented player, but think he will have to accept a fair drop in wages.

Stoke are owned by the Coates family who also own BET365 which is very profitable making many millions and run by Denise Coates thus, unlike us, money is not a major issue other than the Financial Fair Play rules.

Perhaps they could take HRK, Zohore, Phillips and Burke off our hands although they may be more cautious of the Mighty Baggies given their experiences with Berahino, Fletcher and that Irish fellah, James McClean when we dumped them on Stoke.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3907 on: August 22, 2020, 07:15:49 PM »
Made me laugh mate, but don't worry .....if Slaven walks...... heaven help us, Mozza and Brunty to the rescue.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3908 on: August 22, 2020, 07:51:10 PM »
Made me laugh mate, but don't worry .....if Slaven walks...... heaven help us, Mozza and Brunty to the rescue.
I just wish people would realise that because they wore the shirt, it doesn’t necessarily mean they should stay on the payroll.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3909 on: August 22, 2020, 08:42:26 PM »
I just wish people would realise that because they wore the shirt, it doesn’t necessarily mean they should stay on the payroll.
Alot of albion fans are sentimental they will be calling for brunt to be manager for the next 10years...the club needs good coaches not just ex players

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3910 on: September 07, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »
Albion legend Chris Brunt has signed for Bristol City. #wba

Best of luck Brunty
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3911 on: September 07, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »
Best of luck Brunty!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3912 on: September 07, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
Oh yes not wasting money on our bench now.... City can have his arm waving and slow legs

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3913 on: September 07, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
Oh yes not wasting money on our bench now.... City can have his arm waving and slow legs
And we wait.....😂

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3914 on: September 07, 2020, 08:14:04 PM »
And we wait.....😂

Cricket practice tonight........................ :D
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3915 on: September 07, 2020, 08:38:04 PM »
Good luck CB
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3916 on: September 07, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »
Good luck Brunty! Crazy to think back to that first season with us when he scored the goal vs Saints to get us promoted, one of my fave Albion memories

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3917 on: September 07, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
Great move for Brunty. Hope he does well!

I’d say Keith Downing had something to do with that move.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3918 on: September 07, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »
Deserves a better send off than that. Gave fantastic service to this club and stuck with us through thick and thin. Good luck Brunty! 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3919 on: September 07, 2020, 09:58:44 PM »

Cricket practice tonight........................ :D

😂😂😂...that bat will be swinging for sure

I saw the video of him being unveiled in the Bristol shirt....looks like a kid who’s mom made him have his photo took...not happy .

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3920 on: September 07, 2020, 10:08:49 PM »
I wish him well but I think he should of retired here.
BOING BOING

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3921 on: September 07, 2020, 10:11:13 PM »
I wish him well but I think he should of retired here.

I thought he had ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3922 on: September 07, 2020, 10:15:30 PM »

Unpleasant post, that.

Chris has been a great servant of this Club and deserves our thanks and best wishes.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:18:12 PM by MarkW »

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3923 on: September 07, 2020, 10:18:48 PM »
I thought he had ;D

True but can't help feel he's going to be a damp squib  at Bristol. Should of retired on a high and gone into coaching.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:29:46 PM by wba1993dave »
BOING BOING

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3924 on: September 07, 2020, 10:26:10 PM »
True but can't help feel he's going to be a damp squid  at Bristol. Should of retired on a high and gone into coaching.
squib mate, it's a damp squib.