Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 770151 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3675 on: February 12, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »
Seems he wanted the Stoke move. Mainly to play regularly, as he accepts that he is nowhere near the first team squad here, but also because of his good relationship with Michael O'Neill.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfers-brunt-west-brom-3829508

Hope he retires at the end of the season and has a testimonial game to allow the fans to say goodbye.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3676 on: February 12, 2020, 09:43:45 AM »
Seems he wanted the Stoke move. Mainly to play regularly, as he accepts that he is nowhere near the first team squad here, but also because of his good relationship with Michael O'Neill.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfers-brunt-west-brom-3829508

Hope he retires at the end of the season and has a testimonial game to allow the fans to say goodbye.

i am surprised that there has been no comments on this interview at all to be honest. but then again, that sums up his time here at the club IMO. Fantastic servant and been a great player for us but very under appreciated.

for at least 5 years now so many fans been calling to move him on and he has always been a regular in every managers team except Billic's.

i would still rather have him on the bench than Barry and Harper.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3677 on: February 12, 2020, 01:05:18 PM »
No problem with any of what he said. He’s a class act who knows he’s not good enough for our team now, though he has looked ok in the cup games I thought. Hope he hasn’t lost an important opportunity and that he gets his move in the summer.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3678 on: February 12, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »
No problem with any of what he said. He’s a class act who knows he’s not good enough for our team now, though he has looked ok in the cup games I thought. Hope he hasn’t lost an important opportunity and that he gets his move in the summer.

That was my reading of it too. I'd rather he didn't go anywhere else but if he does I'd wish him good luck. I'd prefer him to retire, but he'd be good for a mid/lower championship side for another 4 or 5 years or so.

Astleistheking

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3679 on: February 12, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »
Brunt is a top pro. Never moans when asked to fulfil any role, polite and never courts trouble. My lad did a football camp a few years back and Brunty and McCauley’s kids were both on it.
Brunt dropped his lad off a few times and was quite happy to have photos with my son and a bit of a chat with him. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:38:17 PM by MarkW »

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3680 on: February 12, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
Someone on twitter organising a brunt day last home game.

Flag is in process of being organised etc

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3681 on: March 03, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »
And this is why this man is no where near out first team or match day squads anymore. League 1 awaits next season. Great servant but it's time to accept your level.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3682 on: March 03, 2020, 08:56:05 PM »
MAdness to give him a 2 year deal when he was already in decline but this is the Albion.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3683 on: March 03, 2020, 09:16:04 PM »
Over stayed by 2 years last time we see him tonight thank god time for the old timer to go

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3684 on: March 03, 2020, 09:25:47 PM »
I'll miss the arm waving

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3685 on: March 03, 2020, 10:02:11 PM »
Had his time but how he started tonight is baffling bloke was and never will be a central midfielder

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3686 on: March 03, 2020, 10:08:38 PM »
Should have gone a few seasons back.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3687 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:16 PM »
Jacko & Dexy please don't waste your time and effort in defending Brunt, yes he has been a good servant but you have to acknowledge he is now past his sell by date and should be binned accordingly :D

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3688 on: March 03, 2020, 10:40:04 PM »
The club need to sort his testimonial and hopefully he gets some minutes last game of the season so he gets a proper send off.
O Albion we love you

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3689 on: March 03, 2020, 10:52:33 PM »
Jacko & Dexy please don't waste your time and effort in defending Brunt, yes he has been a good servant but you have to acknowledge he is now past his sell by date and should be binned according8ly :D
I'll post if I see fit thanks very much , love Brunty and I'll say playing him with Barry and the lumbersome Harper was Bilic's mistake .However father time has called on him now , certainly as seen against Premier teams and most likely top end of our league . Should go out on a good note , not this way  8)

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3690 on: March 03, 2020, 10:53:16 PM »
Tonight really showed where both he and Barry now are. I get no pleasure from saying it but they are finished now.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3691 on: March 03, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
I'll post if I see fit thanks very much , love Brunty and I'll say playing him with Barry and the lumbersome Harper was Bilic's mistake .However father time has called on him now , certainly as seen against Premier teams and most likely top end of our league . Should go out on a good note , not this way  8)
Lumbersome Harper.....stop it , you cannot defend the indefensible , brunt has been a has been for at least two seasons...embarrassing tonight when he desperately tried to kick one of their players and still missed....he should hang his head in shame, stealing a wage from the club now and his legacy and respect diminish each time he plays .
But.....I will say, he can’t pick himself .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3692 on: March 04, 2020, 06:38:11 AM »
I have the utmost of respect for Chris Brunt. Whenever he takes his final bow I will stand and applaud him on and off the pitch no question about it. Yet the idea of playing him in central midfield never really worked you might get away with it with 2 peak age all rounders in front of him but not the relatively inexperienced Harper and the even older and less mobile Barry that is something that was ill conceived and didn't turn out all that well.

I don't blame Bilic it might have been the least bad option he had. Should both Barry and Brunt be in the squad? Probably not. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3693 on: March 04, 2020, 07:16:52 AM »
Lumbersome Harper.....stop it , you cannot defend the indefensible , brunt has been a has been for at least two seasons...embarrassing tonight when he desperately tried to kick one of their players and still missed....he should hang his head in shame, stealing a wage from the club now and his legacy and respect diminish each time he plays .
But.....I will say, he can’t pick himself .
Compare Krov's performance at West Ham to Harper last night in the same role with both Brunt and Barry behind.
If read my post I know Brunt's gone now , certainly as a CM.
Id sooner he be on the bench than Barry as he offers a bit more position wise  but both in reality are finished .
Stealing a wage ? Shame ? ..after all he's given us?
Miles off fella .
BTW we both agree Bilic picks them and up against a mobile Newcastle too.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3694 on: March 04, 2020, 08:15:43 AM »
Thanks for your years of service Chris

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3695 on: March 04, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »
I'm surprised this stuff isn't in the Gareth Barry thread tbh. Brunt showed last night that he can't do it anymore, but Barry was even worse - the guy has nothing left in the tank at all, cost us 1 goal, and could have cost us more.

Brunt needs to move on, but Barry is completely finished.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3696 on: March 04, 2020, 09:48:54 AM »
At one stage last night he tried to kick a guys legs out from under him from behind and couldn't even get close enough to do that. All felt quite sad watching the probable demise of a true legend
Thanks for the memories Chris
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3697 on: March 04, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »
At one stage last night he tried to kick a guys legs out from under him from behind and couldn't even get close enough to do that. All felt quite sad watching the probable demise of a true legend
Thanks for the memories Chris

He should really have picked up a yellow, at least for that.  He spent the rest of the game just trying to foul the opposition.

Great player in his time and just about worth a place on the bench.  Would like to see him come on when we're cruising in a game and get the ovation he deserves though.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3698 on: March 04, 2020, 10:10:31 AM »
Sorry to say but Chris Brunt as had it now, so embarrassing to see him trying to trip the Newcastle player and miss cause he was too slow.

Thanks for the service Chris but time to move on now.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3699 on: March 04, 2020, 10:11:50 AM »
Been a great servant but time catches up with us all.
Time to go Chris, take Barry and Charlie with you as well
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'