Author Topic: WWE  (Read 16311 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: WWE
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
As a nipper I used to love coming back from Saturday shopping with my grandad and watching World of Sport at lunchtime with my nan and grandad. Can't beat those days.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2020, 09:01:33 PM »
I know what you last two guys are talking about but it was before my time - looks very cheesy from what i saw!

I loved the "Attitude Era" - Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, The Undertaker, Hardy Boys, The Dudleys, Edge & Christian and how good WCW was and the emergence of ECW. The WCW invasion and then ECW was good but for me it went downhill once WWE had no significant rival. It was still decent up to Evolution and the disbanding but then i slowly lost interest. It actually improved again when TNA got good and i really enjoyed TNA.

All that said i loved it before those days too - Bret Hart (my all time favourite), Shawn Micheals, Razor Ramon, Diesel, Big Boss Man, The Nasty Boys, Hakushi! Yokozuna,  the "In Your House " shows and so on.

I always dip back in for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania but this is the first year i didn't.

What's it like at the moment as i thought it was heading in a good direction with Drew McIntyre but I can't watch it without a crowd.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2020, 12:01:42 AM »
I know what you last two guys are talking about but it was before my time - looks very cheesy from what i saw!

I loved the "Attitude Era" - Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, The Undertaker, Hardy Boys, The Dudleys, Edge & Christian and how good WCW was and the emergence of ECW. The WCW invasion and then ECW was good but for me it went downhill once WWE had no significant rival. It was still decent up to Evolution and the disbanding but then i slowly lost interest. It actually improved again when TNA got good and i really enjoyed TNA.

All that said i loved it before those days too - Bret Hart (my all time favourite), Shawn Micheals, Razor Ramon, Diesel, Big Boss Man, The Nasty Boys, Hakushi! Yokozuna,  the "In Your House " shows and so on.

I always dip back in for The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania but this is the first year i didn't.

What's it like at the moment as i thought it was heading in a good direction with Drew McIntyre but I can't watch it without a crowd.

I grew up watching the Attitude era so luckily I was a kid watching the best part of wrestling history (in my opinion). These days whilst I enjoy the nostalgia and war stories, I could never really watch it again as an adult these days - especially as some of the magic seems to be missing.

I do like to watch old matches from time to time. For instance, WWE recently put up a great Buried Alive match with Undertaker, Mankind, Big Show etc which was just excellent to watch. I like to listen to Jim Cornette too on Youtube who is massively entertaining and knows the business well, he often talks about the behind the scenes stuff which is interesting to see how stuff went down.

As said I don't pay it much attention any more with the modern stuff but I believe TNA is improving with new investors who run a good ship and I recently saw an AEW match for the first time which had an impressive crowd.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2021, 09:02:54 AM »
WWE back in front of fans this past week, for the first time for 18 months (they have been recording shows in empty arenas during the pandemic.) Been plenty of surprises in the 3 shows so far. John Cena returning after his longest ever absence to challenge Roman Reigns, G'Oldberg' returning to challenge Lashley. But the biggest one for me, Jeff Hardy entered to a huge pop to No More Words (his theme from 07/08) and pinned the NXT Champion.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »
Been plenty of surprises in the 3 shows so far

does this suggest that you think this isn't pre-ordained?? or, you just hadn't anticipated the script ??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
Really enjoyed Money in the Bank, was a decent card with some excellent bouts.