Author Topic: “Albion 'Artist in Residence' documentary on Channel 4”  (Read 34623 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: “Albion 'Artist in Residence' documentary on Channel 4”
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
Only works for those in the U.K. Not sure how anybody outside the uk would go about watching it.

Fair enough, didn't realise.

How about via a VPN or whatever it is?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »
Fair enough, didn't realise.

How about via a VPN or whatever it is?

Getting into the realms of technology that frazzle my mind
O Albion we love you

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2018, 05:44:05 PM »
Getting into the realms of technology that frazzle my mind

You and me both chap  ;D .

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »
Shame the official website can't do a deal with Ch 4 and make it an available download for a very modest fee.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »
Only works for those in the U.K. Not sure how anybody outside the uk would go about watching it.
I used hola vpn to watch it.

A touching documentary. That's why football is the most popular sport in the world.
Even a man didn't follow any football team before, had became emotional when we beat Spur at home.
The PRIDE of midlands

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »
If i remember right "AlbionDean"posted a lot of links were you could watch/download games, if anyone on this site knows him give him a nug

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2018, 08:16:07 PM »
Just watched it, a very engaging and thought provoking watch.

Loved his emotion when we scored v spurs and the titles of his work - "the hope that kills you"

I don't care much for art but would be interested if there are prints available of some of the items. Would go nicely in the office (and no not that big old Pulis looking over me  ;D )

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2018, 09:47:32 PM »
I didnt like it at all in fact at times it was embarrising a bloke who knows nothing about football crying! The three players looked totally uninterested especially Field and Pullis with a bloody portrait of Napoleon! Says it all.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2018, 09:52:22 PM »
I didnt like it at all in fact at times it was embarrising a bloke who knows nothing about football crying! The three players looked totally uninterested especially Field and Pullis with a bloody portrait of Napoleon! Says it all.

A bloke who doesn’t like football was one of the basic premises of the programme, if you didn’t like the programme because of this, it’s a bit strange that you watched it
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2018, 10:07:26 PM »
A bloke who doesn’t like football was one of the basic premises of the programme, if you didn’t like the programme because of this, it’s a bit strange that you watched it

correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he ever said he didn't like football (he mentioned enjoying playing it as a child), just that he had never identified with a team because his parents moved loads when he was a kid so never had the chance.

but yes, premise of the program was to discover fans connections with one club, why that is and what the club means to them in real life

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2018, 10:09:43 PM »

Don't think he quite got the premise of the programme ?

Thought it was superb and his artwork was stunningly provocative. The Club are trying to arrange a showing of the pieces I believe.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »
apart from being a great show the artwork was fantastic.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2018, 10:21:04 PM »
Just watched it, a very engaging and thought provoking watch.

Loved his emotion when we scored v spurs and the titles of his work - "the hope that kills you"

I don't care much for art but would be interested if there are prints available of some of the items. Would go nicely in the office (and no not that big old Pulis looking over me  ;D )

Extraordinary how he captured the eyes and expression of Puils though.
Really did sum up one man rapidly losing control and looking very isolated after starting the season with his usual cocky self confidence and total authority.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2018, 10:35:15 PM »
I watched it, but the thing that struck me was how incredibly lucky Channel 4 were to have randomly picked a Premier League Club at the beginning of last season, who subsequently went into meltdown.

You saying that reminded me of channel 4 years ago doing, do I not like that, the graham Taylor England management doc. They must of started out thinking this will be a routine doc following England qualify for the wc. Instead they got a story of utter crisis. Brilliant documentary that was in England

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »

You saying that reminded me of channel 4 years ago doing, do I not like that, the graham Taylor England management doc. They must of started out thinking this will be a routine doc following England qualify for the wc. Instead they got a story of utter crisis. Brilliant documentary that was in England

Anyone who likes thought provoking quality sports documentaries shout check out True Grit, a recent BT documentary about the risks of riding speedway across the spectrum of the sport - illuminating and a tough watch in parts.
https://twitter.com/btsport/status/1019545097808044032

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2018, 01:01:09 AM »

If you didn't like it that's fine as taste is subjective.

In other news men who cry are pansies and the Sistine Chapel is just another painted ceiling.

Field, Brunt and Foster weren't uninterested.

They just didn't know what to say when asked how training had gone when it had clearly been sh it for one reason or another.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2018, 03:30:57 AM »
I used hola vpn to watch it.

A touching documentary. That's why football is the most popular sport in the world.
Even a man didn't follow any football team before, had became emotional when we beat Spur at home.

Thanks Koren, hola VPN works if anyone else is having same issues!
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2018, 05:57:38 AM »

Download a VPN such as hola set to Uk so it thinks you are a domestic user and then watch

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2018, 07:19:49 AM »
Another good VPN is Ipvanish. I used it in Thailand this year and could get the whole Sky package [except for BBC strangely]

I watched the programme on catch up last night.Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought how lucky the programme makers were to do the programme when it was all going wrong there. The body language of many of the players said it all for me and I thought the programme captured our plight very well.

I sincerely hope that the Pulis portrait is nowhere near our ground!!!!!

and has Garlick gone yet? He was just embarrassing.......
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:29:55 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2018, 08:52:53 AM »
Recorded it and watched it back last night, have to say I really enjoyed it.

For me some of the most telling parts where when Pulis was talking about knowing when it was right to leave as what you are doing isn't working and that the time was close and the look between Foster and Brunt when they were asked how training was (under Pardew).

The artwork was stunning and I really hope that the club can get to show it at the stadium.

I thought Tai came across as a very genuine man and it was good to see that he finally understood at least a little about what makes us turn up week after week to watch our team. I think his reaction to Livermore's goal against Spurs was genuine and  made me remember my own...screaming my head off and hugging a man I've never met before while jumping up and down in the East stand concourse.

As for the comments on here about Pulis having a picture of Napoleon on his wall, why not? Many people have pictures of people they admire or find aspiring.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2018, 09:31:15 AM »
As for the comments on here about Pulis having a picture of Napoleon on his wall, why not? Many people have pictures of people they admire or find aspiring.

It's true. I have many pictures of me jotted about my house for that very reason.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2018, 09:46:43 AM »
It's true. I have many pictures of me jotted about my house for that very reason.

I would love to see the film footage that was left on the cutting room floor during the editing process of the programme.

Perhaps one day they’ll do a sequel “Artist in Residence - Return of the Baggie”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »
I thought that while Tai showed great respect for Pulis there was an undercurrent to the way it was all put together. The reference to the portrait of Napoleon was an unspoken nod to Pulis' arrogance and inflexibility. Of course he has a portrait of Napoleon in his house.

Same with the lads' unease at comments on training.

What is left unspoken says more I think.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2018, 11:42:23 AM »
I think what wasn't said during the second half of the programme spoke volumes.

The interview with Field, Brunt and Foster after training is toe-curling. Pardew is clearly a prize cock.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »
I thought that while Tai showed great respect for Pulis there was an undercurrent to the way it was all put together. The reference to the portrait of Napoleon was an unspoken nod to Pulis' arrogance and inflexibility. Of course he has a portrait of Napoleon in his house.

Same with the lads' unease at comments on training.

What is left unspoken says more I think.

Absolutely agree with the comment about the unspoken,
On this subject I thought the contrast between the relatively verbose Foster & Brunt compared to the quiet Field was interesting as well, or maybe thats just my prejudice about "the clique" colouring my interpretation.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!