Author Topic: 24 Feb 2024 Hull City 1 Albion 1  (Read 6875 times)

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2024, 02:48:01 PM »
Resonable result, strange subs though.
CC must have Friday versus Coventry in mind and resting players
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2024, 02:48:11 PM »
Good all round performance could have gone either way in the end , both teams probably happy with a point.
Need to beat Coventry Friday now so let’s get behind the lads .

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2024, 02:58:17 PM »
A lot said before the last 5 games that 8/9 points would be a good haul, and so it is, we stay at the front of the pack

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2024, 03:05:25 PM »
No matter what else is said we had the best opportunities in the last 10 minutes to have taken all 3 points and should have  :(

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2024, 03:08:49 PM »
A good point but slightly disappointed we didnt win.

First half we were a bit better than them and had some good chances - Wallacr hit the bar, a good save from the keeper from 12 yards out and Kipres header which think Grady could of got (need to see a replay) they had two long range efforts, one for the goal thought Palmer could of done better and the other you expect him to save and he did.

Second half they were the better side til the last 15 min, they hit the post and had a chance from a header, however we finished stronger and also hit the post with Reach, Swift should scored the rebound and dont know what Weimann was thinking with his effort, that was a real chance.

Palmer kicked a ball out of play early and seemed a bit shaky and although it wasnt a mistake for the goal, he could of done better but he has been brilliant mainly this season.

Thought all the defence played well, as did Yokoslu and Wallace i thought did a decent job, Mowatt was a bit quiet but again been very good this season, Fellows and Johnstone were just okay, both never quite got going but didnt play bad.

Grady was disappointing, he chased hard and put in a shift but he seems to give the ball away a lot, he has done for seasons now, this season he has the odd moment where he can create something few others can but if that moment doesnt happen, unfortunately he is a bit of waste of a shirt.

Reach did well, not just his shot but he did what Reach does, steady and keeps the ball, i thought we were shutting up shop when he came on but we were actually more positive, Chabloah did well, when he has the ball he is a very good player, its off the ball he struggles but his passing and technique are quality.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2024, 03:42:22 PM »
Had a power cut down our street so had to watch it in the pub. Damn.

Fairly even overall I thought. When they hit the post I was hugely relieved!

Happy with the point to be fair.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2024, 03:46:14 PM »
Had a power cut down our street so had to watch it in the pub. Damn.
Nothing wrong with watching game in the pub Cosley!  🍺
Good point as you say
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2024, 04:37:05 PM »
Bit of  ingenuity from Furlong with headed equaliser papered over cracks from some of our players on pitch. Palmer has to be stopping their goal with his distribution being awful today, thought Wallace poor and couldn’t trap a bag of cement. If only we had a half decent striker we would be coming away with the win today with chances we had. As for Hull I for one wouldn’t be worried playing them in playoffs.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2024, 04:57:51 PM »
An entertaining game (so welcome after many years of tedious football under some dreadful managers) between two well coached teams who were fairly evenly matched. If either us or them had won, it would have been harsh on the other one. Happy with both the performance and the result.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2024, 07:20:18 PM »
A good point and a deserved point overall
Special mention to mowatt and yokuslu who played well again they have struck up a real partnership in there
Also the back four were very good
Our much maligned full backs limited Zaroury and Philogene to bit parts really.
Also Pieters other than one ropey pass back played well and Kipre was faultless again
Palmer is my main concern, yes it was a bobbly pitch but his distribution was atrocious and he has a theme of being beaten at his near post
Got hands to the shot and should have saved it

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2024, 07:30:40 PM »
Bit of  ingenuity from Furlong with headed equaliser papered over cracks from some of our players on pitch. Palmer has to be stopping their goal with his distribution being awful today, thought Wallace poor and couldn’t trap a bag of cement. If only we had a half decent striker we would be coming away with the win today with chances we had. As for Hull I for one wouldn’t be worried playing them in playoffs.

We wouldn't be playing Hull in the playoffs unless it's in the final... as 3rd play 6th...and we aren't finishing 3rd. 4th play 5th and we won't close the gap to 4th., so we'll either be finishing 5th or 6th.

Thought we were the better team over the whole game and definitely had the better chances.

Thought Diangana was poor today but I don't think he was playing a role that suits him. Far too easy to knock off the ball and generally ineffective.
Both fullbacks got forward well and the whole back four were generally solid.

2 draws and a win from our last 3 aways is a decent return considering who we've played.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2024, 06:55:49 AM »
An even game, I think we were slightly better but in Philogene and Carvalho they have that little something extra.

I agree that we should have defended the corner better and that maybe Palmer will think he should have saved it but I'm actually frustrated with Yokuslu fir the goal. About 30 seconds before we are pressing them high, Yokuslu himself as followed his man Seri really high when the ball goes into their keeper; rather than let him have it which was the plan, Yokuslu breaks rank and closes the keeper down. They then play round us and through the middle in the area that Yokuslu has left vacant and force the corner. I'm not going to hang him out to dry but we had our off the ball setup so right, there was no need to deviate from it.

Onwards to Coventry, three points would be superb.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #262 on: February 26, 2024, 07:30:29 AM »
happy with a point, i thought we played better than some of the comments on here and that's coming from Mr negative
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties