Author Topic: Pepe Mel  (Read 257618 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Pepe Mel
« Reply #1325 on: April 22, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
These players are ageing, they cant go on forever.Replace them one by one with flare
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

jw

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1326 on: April 22, 2014, 08:37:35 PM »
I can't understand the people who say there is no improvement but hey ... everyone is entitled to their opinion. Last night we score twice, one was disallowed but we can't be that bad if we can get the ball in the net twice and yes our defence is shocking but with Man City's talent they could have ripped us apart.  After the first goal, I thought a cricket score was on the cards!

Mel and the players will have my full and vocal support until the final whistle of the last game.  I believe we should be keeping Mel but only time will tell!
Until then Chris Lepkowski is retweeting a petition for the liquidator at the moment.... don't know how effective it will be but we need all the help we can get!  Link is below!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/west-bromwich-albion-football-club-keep-the-liquidator?share_id=QjlCcFbgET&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1327 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »
Just signed the petition.

Lets hope it helps!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1328 on: April 22, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
I can't understand the people who say there is no improvement but hey ... everyone is entitled to their opinion. Last night we score twice, one was disallowed but we can't be that bad if we can get the ball in the net twice and yes our defence is shocking but with Man City's talent they could have ripped us apart.  After the first goal, I thought a cricket score was on the cards!

Mel and the players will have my full and vocal support until the final whistle of the last game.  I believe we should be keeping Mel but only time will tell!
Until then Chris Lepkowski is retweeting a petition for the liquidator at the moment.... don't know how effective it will be but we need all the help we can get!  Link is below!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/west-bromwich-albion-football-club-keep-the-liquidator?share_id=QjlCcFbgET&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

I like this. I definitely think we have improved too. Long way to go but we have that, whoever is in charge. (and it should be PM IMO)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1329 on: April 22, 2014, 10:17:12 PM »
Just been to see Frank Skinner at the symphony hall. Frank got a couple of Pepe Mel gags in there.

1) something about Pepe waiting for a call from United now Moyes has gone.
2) the gig will be great for the first 90 minutes then in the last five minutes he (Frank) will ruin it just like a Pepe Mel Albion side does.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1330 on: April 23, 2014, 12:01:24 AM »

Have to say I agree with this. Could only listen to radio 5 for commentary but even Lawro thought the refs assistant flagged too early and that it was a tight decision. Surprised that no one else has mentioned this really. Weirdly Lawro thinks we will beat West Ham.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

jw

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1331 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »
It was a really tight decision and one I think would possibly not have been given if Man City had been the attacking team. 

We are now proving we can score goals, unfortunately shipping them in at the other end means we are relying on the theory of we can score more goals than you, which lets face it, isn't really the best method.  However, the team have shown that they can give their all, Norwich away being the perfect example of that and if they do that, now that we are scoring more goals, we should be able to get something out of the West Ham, Sunderland and Stoke games.

I doubt very much we are going to see a 'perfect' game with no mistakes before the end of this season.  As fans we are going to have to accept we are going to have defensive mistakes and we will have to rely on Lady Luck a little too much especially when out defence decides to act the way they did for the third goal but we were playing Man City the other night.  A team who have players worth more than our entire team.  They have players who can take a quarter of a chance and produce magic not many teams have that.

We have to try to be positive and basically as fans we are going to have to cross everything that can be crossed, pray and do whatever else we have to do to drag our team over the line!  COYB!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1332 on: May 05, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »
If Pepe mel does leave us who would you like to see at the Hawthorns?

wednesevillebury

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1333 on: May 05, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
The follwoing link is taken from my local newspaper in Seville.It basically states that contact has been established between Pepe's Mel's agent and Malaga football club:http://www.diariodesevilla.es/article/deportes/1765829/pepe/mel/opcion/malaga/para/sustituir/schuster.html

wednesevillebury

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1334 on: May 05, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
This link works better.It says that Schuster's contract continues if they finish in the top ten if not they may look somewhere else.Of course a lot of Betis supporters would love to see him back in the city.

http://www.diariodesevilla.es/article/deportes/1765829/pepe/mel/opcion/malaga/para/sustituir/schuster.html

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1335 on: May 05, 2014, 11:37:37 PM »

I really want him to stay, with proper backing to build his own squad.

But if he goes, then I'd like Steve McLaren if Derby don't get promoted. 

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1336 on: May 06, 2014, 12:04:05 AM »
IF we don't get Mel I'd like to go for Magath at Fulham, I think he's clearly a good manager with great pedigree and feel he walked into a very tough scenario.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1337 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:38 AM »
IF we don't get Mel I'd like to go for Magath at Fulham, I think he's clearly a good manager with great pedigree and feel he walked into a very tough scenario.
..but will he insist on bringing Dangermouse with him? :P
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1338 on: September 21, 2022, 08:42:44 PM »
Pepe Mel to take over at Malaga. #wba @WhereAlbion

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀 | Informa @JuanjeFernandez

👔 Pepe Mel será el entrenador del @MalagaCF tras la destitución de Pablo Guede

📻 radiomarca.com

Translation

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀 |  Report @JuanjeFernandez

👔 Pepe Mel will be the coach of @MalagaCF after the dismissal of Pablo Guede

📻 radiomarca.com
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 08:44:26 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1339 on: September 21, 2022, 08:47:16 PM »
Christ, if you think our team is old checkout Malaga. Their lead striker is 41… and they bought him this summer!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1340 on: September 21, 2022, 10:47:24 PM »
Christ, if you think our team is old checkout Malaga. Their lead striker is 41… and they bought him this summer!!
Do you know the buyout clause?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1341 on: September 22, 2022, 08:13:37 AM »
Do you know the buyout clause?

2 bottles of Sangria, a goat skin carafe and a straw donkey ...or 1 Kenneth Zohore.

Albionfan1983

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1342 on: September 22, 2022, 09:57:08 AM »
I liked Pepe Mel, Must have been the only one. I hope he does well at Malaga

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1343 on: September 22, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
I liked Pepe Mel, Must have been the only one. I hope he does well at Malaga

He seemed a decent bloke but results were terrible under him. Didn't we throw away a 3-0 lead against Spurs and a 2-0 lead at Villa...... and then there was the 3-3 with Cardiff?

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1344 on: September 22, 2022, 12:06:00 PM »
2 bottles of Sangria, a goat skin carafe and a straw donkey ...or 1 Kenneth Zohore.
I always thought Zohore was a straw donkey.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1345 on: January 18, 2023, 11:34:08 AM »
does anyone know if hes coaching? at the moment, many fond memories of his time here? remember the swansea away game, i was handing out small spanish flags, 50 of them

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1346 on: January 18, 2023, 11:40:25 AM »
does anyone know if hes coaching? at the moment, many fond memories of his time here? remember the swansea away game, i was handing out small spanish flags, 50 of them
he’s managing Malaga I believe, having a terrible season and good chance they’ll be relegated from LaLiga2 but that might be more due to Malaga’s slow implosion rather than his ability.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1347 on: January 18, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »
Funny how opinions differ, I thought his stunt here was terrible, a Spanish Ron Atkinson but with even worse tactical nouse.
The 3-4 at seal park will haunt me forever.
Didn’t we also throw a 3 goal lead away against Tottenham?
3 wins in about 17 games or whatever.
I’m sure he’s a lovely guy.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1348 on: January 25, 2023, 02:43:15 PM »