Author Topic: Odemwingie on TalkSPORT  (Read 8721 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Odemwingie on TalkSPORT
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »
Odemwingie is live on talkSPORT for the next few hours. Might be interesting listening.
Gera, Gera, Gera

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

Re: Odemwingie on TalkSPORT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
Odemwingie is live on talkSPORT for the next few hours. Might be interesting listening.
Did they invite him on as a guest or did he just turn up hoping to get given the evening slot.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:24:57 PM »
Doesn't seem a big fan of Steve Clarke

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »
where are they talking to him in the QPR car park as he likes it there

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »
His hat trick against the Dingles which started their demise means I can't ever hold bad feelings towards him.
the regime don't like it man

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »
His hat trick against the Dingles which started their demise means I can't ever hold bad feelings towards him.

I'm with you on this.  Had any of the despots of history scored a hat trick that sank Wolves I would still of thought "Can't be all bad"

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »
For all his faults (which I don't think was all one sided) at least he delivered on the pitch especially in derby games. Shame how it ended but If he'd stuck around he might have had to delete twitter due to abuse or booed off the pitch or maybe even had a coin lobbed at him.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:32 PM »
It ended so badly. He will still be a hero of mine. I blame Steve Clarke for overly favouring his loan boy in Lukaku. Pushed him towards the door. Told he could go then we changed the deal I feel for the guy.

And I imagine it will take a long old time before he's not in our top 10 premier league scorers. What we would give for a guy with his finishing ability and talent of scoring a goal from nothing e.g. Blackburn away.

Imagine what odemwingie in his prime could do in this side now....

He spoke well of his love of the fans he holds his time here dear. Will go
Down for me a hero. Berahino will go as the villain
O Albion we love you

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:02:57 AM »
I hate him with a passion, just like i do Berahino pair of ungrateful tossers

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 12:08:44 AM »
History will judge PO far more kindly than SB...you can see that already in the softening of attitudes in this thread

please would you mind posting exactly what he said about albion fans

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 04:24:55 AM »
I think with most footballers we forget they have a period of probably 6-8 years at their peak, some longer and some shorter, but that is a general window and then they are yesterday's news. I rarely feel any long term anger at players trying g to do what is best for their careers and maximising the opportunities that present, because the moment they are finished most are looking to rid the club of them as quick as they can.

I much prefer remembering PO on the pitch than in a QPR car park

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
Prefer to remember the good times with Odem like his hat trick against wolves. Seems to me there was confusion on both sides over his move,but for me now it's all in the past.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
We only see what player's post on social media, we don't see what happens behind the scenes.
Something must have really upset both Odem and Bera to get drunk and post on twitter about an employer, that is a no no and something anyone with any intelligence would never do, we would be up the road.
Trouble is footballers aren't very intelligent by and large, that is why they are footballers, there are exceptions to the rule, but Odem and Bera never looked like the types we could expect to see on celebrity Mastermind anytime soon.
I reckon both were promised, or more likely, thought they were promised something that never transpired.
I remember Peace saying he wasn't giving Berahino too much money because he couldn't handle it.
Peace would know Berahino first hand, and know his temperament and what he would be likely to do if he suddenly became a millionaire.
This to me was wrong, Bera was a proven PL striker and should have been paid accordingly. Liverpool didn't pay Balotelli peanuts just because he was a nutter.
Odemwingie also said promises by Peace were never honoured, whether these promises were real or imaginary only the players and Peace would know.
Don't forget though that Kamara was drunk off with Peace as well.
I still think that Odemwingie was stitched up before he set off to London, he obviously thought the deal was on.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:03 AM »
drunk of or not they should all keep there big gobs shut along with Hughes,Adam and Shawcross they just sound like total idiots

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 10:14:14 AM »
Him keep going around and doing these interviews mentioning the fall out from the failed QPR move means this incident will ultimately be what he's remembered for. I don't feel sorry for him, regardless of whether we moved the goalposts or not he went live on Sky and gave an interview about his fresh challenge when a deal wasn't done, it was unprofessional of him and he deserves all the stick he gets.

I will remember him as the best striker we've had in the Premier League years obviously taking out Lukaku who was only on loan. Certainly can't compare him to Saido who did a lot worse than Odemwingie did.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 10:19:51 AM »
I agree.

He had a very easy chance to laugh along at the jokes for a little bit and let it fade away quickly.

Look at David Cameron with the Pig for example which now nobody talks about.

Instead its still a thing years later and he has only himself to blame for continuing to bring it up.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »
I am not condoning their actions in any way, they are grown men, in body anyhow, and should have known what they were signing for when they signed. They have their agents to explain it to them.
Both were happy to come here form the places they were previously.
What they did was broke the trust and confidence of their employer. A sackable and illegal offence in most jobs.
But both have minds like a 12 year old imo.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »
I do despair that people  (football players here, political candidates there - see Stoke labour candidate idiot) do not understand that social media and the press will ensure that skeletons in cupboards / stupid behaviour WILL become public knowledge.

a) if you have skeletons (who doesn't) do not seek public office / publicity
b) Once "stuff" gets out, keep your mouth shut and keep away from cameras / phones for a while.

Its the world we live in, respond to it accordingly FFS !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:48 AM »
Well said Albi you would think as some people got older and wiser they would learn but some don`t

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »
hes obviously going into the media industry long term. hes boring to listen too (tone of voice) but quite knowledgable
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »
I hated him for wanting to leave not for turning up at QPR

He was a hell of a player, ive softened toward him though and obviously there was issues with the management and the dressing room with him.

He has explained why he went there and some of the situation surrounding his arrival on the car park, im not going to hold it against him anymore, we miss him as a player

Why he was dropped or moved out wide still rankles me, him alongside Lukaku would have been formidable
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 12:11:30 PM »
Odemwingie was a great player for us.

I don't think the club was blameless in what happened.  The situation was obviously bubbling under the surface for weeks on end at the training ground.  It should've been sorted out for the club / fans sake before the farcical events that eventually took place.

I'm not knocking the club but there has been a recurring theme of players with an "ego" not fitting in with the ethos of the core playing staff.  Look at what happened with players moving on such as Sinclair / Long / Amalfitano / Sessegnon / Berahino. 

Put it this way, I'm surprised Chadli joined us (I'd put him in the above category).  I'm intrigued to see how long he lasts at WBA?  In general, the better the player, the bigger the "ego".  So if we want to progress further the club needs to learn how to better manage the "egos". 

Ultimately, we're doing great and I'm pleased.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »
The worse thing we ever did re Peter Odemwingie was when Hodgson signed Long and shunted Pete out wide.

By the time Romelu was signed Odemwingie had shown himself to not only be our best striker but also our best winger so Clarke just carried on where Roy had left off.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
The worse thing we ever did re Peter Odemwingie was when Hodgson signed Long and shunted Pete out wide.

By the time Romelu was signed Odemwingie had shown himself to not only be our best striker but also our best winger so Clarke just carried on where Roy had left off.

This.

Odemwingie was lethal playing off the last man. As soon as Long arrived he was shoved out wide were he was less effective. He was 10x the finisher Long was.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 08:13:46 PM »
we have missed him remember his 1st goal against Sunderland at home his 1st game and the winner , should of been a cult hero now the villain , Steve Clarke should never have played him again after the QPR fiasco , booed by the fans arguing with them while warming up . the 3 goals against the dingles what a day .