Author Topic: Odemwingie on TalkSPORT  (Read 8804 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Odemwingie on TalkSPORT
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 12:51:59 AM »
we have missed him remember his 1st goal against Sunderland at home his 1st game and the winner , should of been a cult hero now the villain , Steve Clarke should never have played him again after the QPR fiasco , booed by the fans arguing with them while warming up . the 3 goals against the dingles what a day .
goal against sunderland will stick in the memory as will the hatrick against those dingles . Did a fantastic job for the Albion which was blighted by greed of player or agent ,pitty

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 08:44:35 AM »
The thing is with Odemwingie is that he will often talk about his fallout with us as much as possible, as has been said - this is what he will be remembered for, which is a shame when he got a hat-trick at the Wolves.

Whilst I didn't listen to him this time, I did hear him about 8 months ago on TalkSport regarding Berahino and I thought he was quite delusional. He does sound fairly intelligent (for a footballer at least...) but he said something like this "West Brom always told me I could leave if a big club came in for me...which is why I was annoyed when they didn't let me go to QPR" - as if QPR where some kind of footballing giant? Just be honest and say you wanted the money, there's no shame in in but still after 5 years he's trying to dress it up as if he was stitched up.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 01:27:02 PM »
mate he is thick why didn't he just book into a travel lodge and sit tight waiting for the call saying ok its on , I bet a lot of players have done it travelled somewhere and deal didn't happen but no one is the wiser by keeping out the way , Harry tapped him up bet money on it .

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »
The worse thing we ever did re Peter Odemwingie was when Hodgson signed Long and shunted Pete out wide.

By the time Romelu was signed Odemwingie had shown himself to not only be our best striker but also our best winger so Clarke just carried on where Roy had left off.

I couldn't agree more. It was criminal. To a lesser extent we've done the same with Berahino and Rondon IMO. Our top scorer and best finisher shunted out wide / off the front man. You could argue that Berahino didn't fit the way Pulis wants to play.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Lukeb

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 12:03:10 AM »
I think we all have to move on, him included.

Footballers have a short window, he was offered a heap of cash and assumed he was free to leave. While he should of handled it differently, he's not the first nor the last footballer to have his head turned by money.

He was some player for us.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »
Anything & everything that can or should be said about him the club & the transfer saga has been said a hundred times over it's now time like a old fav record worn out & ready for the bin.