Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843886 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1500 on: September 21, 2018, 06:02:22 PM »
Only the Villa, Stoke, though I do not rate Rowett in the slightest, and Bielsa's Leeds until December when they burn out.

Aside from those, I see no other side with a squad on our level.

Liverbaggie, top two and playing far better, particularly away from home where we have been truly dreadful thus far.
Didn't we beat those already?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1501 on: September 21, 2018, 06:44:22 PM »
Didn't we beat those already?

...and?

I said squad on our level. As i also said, I do not rate Rowett in the slightest and would want him nowhere near our club.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1502 on: September 21, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »
Hey fritzle,your a hard taskmaster,try a little realism with a pinch of optimism then you'll feel better.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1503 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »
Hey fritzle,your a hard taskmaster,try a little realism with a pinch of optimism then you'll feel better.

I’m very optimistic, I think we’ll win the league at a canter, we have a superb team for this level, I believe I have predicted us to win nigh on every game this season so far.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1504 on: September 21, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »
Except the ones we've lost!

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1505 on: September 21, 2018, 10:23:53 PM »
Only the Villa, Stoke, though I do not rate Rowett in the slightest, and Bielsa's Leeds until December when they burn out.

Aside from those, I see no other side with a squad on our level.

Liverbaggie, top two and playing far better, particularly away from home where we have been truly dreadful thus far.

I agree with this - away from home we have been poor and relatively lucky to escape defeat in at least a couple of games. I like what Moore is trying to do overall, but his execution is lacking in some areas.

We have a quality squad at this level, we shouldnt be getting outplayed as often as we are.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1506 on: September 22, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »
I would rather risk the odd 4-2 defeat and play to win than play not to lose and win the odd 1-0.
If we were getting pummelled every week then no, but occasionally, yes it's worth the risk.
I agree but what I think Moore and Jones have been poor at is game management. Stoke 2 nil up cruising Norwich 3-1 up and 4-2 up,and Bristol 4-1 up all of these games became a lot nervier than they needed to be with the right subs on.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1507 on: September 22, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »
Third in the table, one point off being equal top. They’ve clearly no idea have they?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Scruffy Stan

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1508 on: September 22, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »
Third in the table, one point off being equal top. They’ve clearly no idea have they?
Yes, they have some idea, possibly quite a lot. But that doesn't mean we can't point out where we think they're missing a trick.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1509 on: September 22, 2018, 05:29:07 PM »
My only major criticism so far would be our substitutes - both the players picked to be on the bench and the ones picked to come on in the match. The combined age of the first two subs was 71! We have a talented bunch of kids coming through, they're being stifled by players like Hoolahan, Mears and Barry coming on ahead of them. Other than that, Moore and Jones are doing a pretty good job so far in my opinion.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1510 on: September 22, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »
Yes, they have some idea, possibly quite a lot. But that doesn't mean we can't point out where we think they're missing a trick.

Agreed.

It's the classic internet problem of people overstating. So far this season we've been brilliant going forward and a bit dodge at the back. Pointing that out is fine. I'd rather be us than Stoke for example.

I'm curious as to how we'll look after say 25 games are gone. Alot of pressure is on Gayle & Barnes, an injury to either and we're faced with HRK playing and that drop in standards to huge. I'm a bit disappointed Field & Burke aren't getting game time, but you have to trust the boss.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1511 on: September 22, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »
Now sitting 3rd in the league and playing great football. Doing a very good job so far

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1512 on: September 22, 2018, 06:08:36 PM »
I agree but what I think Moore and Jones have been poor at is game management. Stoke 2 nil up cruising Norwich 3-1 up and 4-2 up,and Bristol 4-1 up all of these games became a lot nervier than they needed to be with the right subs on.

Completely agree with you, which i guess means that Tosin coming on for Gayle and a switch to a back 4 to see the game out shows better game management.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1513 on: September 22, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
Completely agree with you, which i guess means that Tosin coming on for Gayle and a switch to a back 4 to see the game out shows better game management.

Praise for 4 centre backs? *head explodes*
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1514 on: September 22, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
Think he got it spot on today, sometimes he's been deserved of criticism but today was probably our best win of the season after QPR with regards to how professional it was.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1515 on: September 22, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »
Gaining a bit more confidence in him based on how we are playing and the results we are getting. Still think he needs to work on blooding some of the younger players off the bench when we're comfortable in games.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1516 on: September 22, 2018, 06:35:04 PM »
Agree that he got it spot on today.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1517 on: September 22, 2018, 06:41:23 PM »
Think he got it spot on today, sometimes he's been deserved of criticism but today was probably our best win of the season after QPR with regards to how professional it was.

Not only today, last game was bang on too. I’m very happy so far.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1518 on: September 22, 2018, 11:10:15 PM »

Praise for 4 centre backs? *head explodes*

Let's put it into context - at 2-0 with 2 mins + injury time left with Gibbs on the pitch making it a potential back 5. 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1519 on: September 22, 2018, 11:12:27 PM »
Let's put it into context - at 2-0 with 2 mins + injury time left with Gibbs on the pitch making it a potential back 5.

;D

But if we're using actual context it was a genuine back 6, with 4 centre backs, Gibbs at left back and Mears at right back. 3 in midfield and Rodriguez up front.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1520 on: September 22, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
While he needs to sort the away form and make our defending more consistent, Moore is doing a good job. Around this stage you start to know which teams are likely to be challenging for promotion and we are right in the mix, having been winning so many of our home games.

There are still issues at the club. Players like Burke and Field not getting much of a look in is dissapointing in the longer term, heavily relying on 2 loan players - one of whom is likely to be called back in January is another, while the desperate need to sort out our back office infrastructure ready for what will be 2 key transfer windows in next 12 months is worrying, but it is great to see Moore having the team play exciting football.

Well done to the boss.
Boing Boing

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1521 on: September 22, 2018, 11:50:41 PM »
While he needs to sort the away form and make our defending more consistent, Moore is doing a good job. Around this stage you start to know which teams are likely to be challenging for promotion and we are right in the mix, having been winning so many of our home games.

There are still issues at the club. Players like Burke and Field not getting much of a look in is dissapointing in the longer term, heavily relying on 2 loan players - one of whom is likely to be called back in January is another, while the desperate need to sort out our back office infrastructure ready for what will be 2 key transfer windows in next 12 months is worrying, but it is great to see Moore having the team play exciting football.

Well done to the boss.

I would love to see Burke come good and genuinely thought this could be his season but that is now three managers that have decided he doesnt offer enough.  Field? Its a long, tough season....he'll get his chance if he's as good as we hope he is.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1522 on: September 23, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »

;D

But if we're using actual context it was a genuine back 6, with 4 centre backs, Gibbs at left back and Mears at right back. 3 in midfield and Rodriguez up front.

I'm fine with that! In the context of course!

I'm just happy we didn't see HRK on for J-Rod in the last few minutes as the sort of "go-to" late change. It shows Moore is developing and bringing that defensive opinion in when it's needed.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1523 on: September 23, 2018, 09:15:58 AM »

;D

So Jacko that being the case at 2-0 up Darren showed a bit more tactical awareness in the game than he has in the past, good.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1524 on: September 23, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
I think the fact that we haven't kept a clean sheet all season was the only reason we ended up with a back six. I think everyone at the club were pretty desperate to get that monkey off their backs. Five mins to go (or whatever it was) I can just imagine Moore and Jones thinking "there is no way on this ******* planet  we are conceding today"  ;D.

It was noticeable yesterday particularly second half we spent much less time on the ball at the back and there was less "over-playing" in fact we put in some proper clearances yesterday. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a common feature. Are we going to compromise on our adopted philosophy or was this just a one off? We shall see.