Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 850185 times)

altonbaggie

• WBA Newbie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1450 on: September 19, 2018, 12:08:05 PM »
Yup - agree we want that defending to improve.  Although Mowbray got us promoted without it!  I guess 8 games in, it's ok for me on the "are we going to get promoted" measure.  If we can improve the defending by 20% then we've got a great chance.  And it is wonderful on the "is this exciting and enjoyable" measure. 
As for next season - bit too far away for now.  Honestly, I wish we could just get promoted from the championship each year.  I haven't enjoyed a premiership season for so long that I don't really look forward to playing in it.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1451 on: September 19, 2018, 12:31:49 PM »
Yup - agree we want that defending to improve.  Although Mowbray got us promoted without it!  I guess 8 games in, it's ok for me on the "are we going to get promoted" measure.  If we can improve the defending by 20% then we've got a great chance.  And it is wonderful on the "is this exciting and enjoyable" measure. 
As for next season - bit too far away for now.  Honestly, I wish we could just get promoted from the championship each year. I haven't enjoyed a premiership season for so long that I don't really look forward to playing in it.

If we do get promoted we are in deep do do.
We have first team players at the moment that are on loan, so we will I expect lose Barnes and Gayle.
Dawson will want away again, may be JRod also.
Barry will retire.
Brunt and Morrison wouldn't cut another Prem season IMO.
HRK no use to man nor beast in the Prem.
Adarayiobo will go back to Man C
Bartley.......well enough said
Mears/Hoorihan would retire I imagine
The amount of players we would need to recruit for a new season in the Prem doesn't bear thinking about, and our recent track record in transfer windows doesn't instill confidence.
I'm just going to enjoy this season.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1452 on: September 19, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
The comment that gets me the most is 'Darren's lucky he has our front 4'

The front 4 which includes 2 players that he has brought in. Anyone would think he's been left with that miraculously.

altonbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1453 on: September 19, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »
As you say tuamigos ... "let's just enjoy it". Bringing the topic back to Darren Moore a bit ... if we have got promoted this way then 1) his stock is going to be very high and 2) it will be interesting to see who we can attract.

That's all miles away though.

For now, I'm going to look forward to getting to the Hawthorns again on Saturday and my son will watch the whole game next to me rather than distracted with boredom.  I'll be nervous of the defence, excited by the attack, hopeful that Field gets a go, and grateful that our manager is someone who is playing in a way I want to watch football be played from an attacking sense and, while not essential, it is at least pleasant to actually like the manager as a person.  Before the season started, 3rd in the table with most goals scored would have been an acceptable outcome for me after 8 games.  I'm proud to be a baggie again and Moore gets some credit from me for that.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1454 on: September 19, 2018, 01:02:18 PM »
That's quite a sweeping statement given some of the competition  ;D  ;) .

Tell me about it. Couldn’t believe what I was reading. Especially when maccbaggie is the first to jump on the back of Moore when we lose!!

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1455 on: September 19, 2018, 01:59:15 PM »
We have first team players at the moment that are on loan, so we will I expect lose Barnes and Gayle.
Barry will retire.
The amount of players we would need to recruit for a new season in the Prem doesn't bear thinking about, and our recent track record in transfer windows doesn't instill confidence.
Why if we get promoted would Dawson and probably Rodrigues want to leave? They would be playing Premiership football that they want, their pay would be greatly enhanced AND they play  an exciting style of football.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1456 on: September 19, 2018, 02:29:05 PM »
Why if we get promoted would Dawson and probably Rodrigues want to leave? They would be playing Premiership football that they want, their pay would be greatly enhanced AND they play  an exciting style of football.
Serious question, I get that we got relegated thus players wages flexed down, if we get promoted do wages flex up?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1457 on: September 19, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »
Barry will retire.

I would say we are in more of a 'do-do' if we don't go up. The above list will probably still happen, add into that Phillips will be sought after and I imagine Gibbs etc will want out.

I think if we were to go up we would be in a better position, we could buy Gayle if we wanted him, Tosin could be taken on loan again, may be able to convince Leicester to loan us Barnes for another year for prem experience etc etc.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1458 on: September 19, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Yeah, if we don't go up this season then I doubt we will take the current squad, improve a few positions and come back stronger next season.  I think it'll be a fire sale and an even bigger rebuild.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1459 on: September 19, 2018, 03:20:34 PM »
This has to be Barry, Brunt and Mozzas last season with us regardless of division surely.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1460 on: September 19, 2018, 05:01:49 PM »
I personally think that if 90% of fans had this league position/performances offered to them at the start of the season, they'd have bitten the hand off. Considering this is Big Dave's first job in management, i think he's doing a fantastic job. He definitely needs to be backed even if we have a bad run, he's obviously got what it takes to lift spirits during a dip in form and keep players motivated.

Defence is a worry but as long as it's eventually fixed and we're scoring more goals than the opposition, it's not that much of a problem.
Add to that, we are the top scorers in the league and we are a million miles from the Pulis ultra defensive style and that will do for me.
Yes we look rubbish at the back (at times) but we are still 3rd and what we seem to forget is that most defences in this league are a bit rubbish. Don't forget, Bristol City are being lauded by many for their performance last night, yet conceded twice as many as we did. Go figure.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1461 on: September 19, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »
Dear Darren
Keep clean sheets with this team and you win the league.
Please sort it.
Thanks

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1462 on: September 19, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »
Dear Darren
Keep clean sheets with this team and you win the league.
Please sort it.
Thanks

but not at the cost of compromising the forward unit and entertainment !
not so easy now is it?
Albion Family !!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1463 on: September 19, 2018, 05:32:02 PM »
not so easy now is it?
Posibly getting our midfield organised would be a start?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1464 on: September 19, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »
Blimey, According to this site in the last week
The keepers well dodgy
The defence is a shambles
Midfield needs sorting - STILL
One striker is only good for pens
The subs are rubbish and mis-timed
The kid everyone wants to play did naff all

oh and the captain got dropped (not rested) much to one posters chagrin

How in gods name are we third with most goals scored in the div ???
Albion Family !!!

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1465 on: September 19, 2018, 06:07:22 PM »
Irrespective of the result two points are glaringly obvious , the defence is woeful with premiership quality defenders seemingly unable to pick a pass and continually giving the ball away thus creating most of the problems in our third of the pitch secondly the wing back play in the system is not up to standard , fortunately the four main men  up  front are quite capable of creating and scoring goals so we need to sort the problem out without  diminishing our goal threat .
Big Dave as a former defender hopefully will get it sorted, and as one of the clubs modern day heroes, he will be given the time to get it sorted , this is a wide open division and any team who can score the amount of goals we have already scored , but keep down the goals conceded column will get promoted , so far one out of two so keep it going Big Man you have the vast majority of fans on your side

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1466 on: September 19, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
This has to be Barry, Brunt and Mozzas last season with us regardless of division surely.

If we are going to play this system then yes. Brunt in a flat 4 or even as a third man in midfield or possibly as second choice left back- but at best squad player.
Morrison some how got another year and got injured again. I hope testimonial plans are well underway so they get the send off they deserve.

And Gareth Barry absolutely he's only got an hour in his legs and I'm not sure he can do that twice a week.
O Albion we love you

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1467 on: September 19, 2018, 07:15:10 PM »
not so easy now is it?

Yes, it is. We play the way we do but instead of miss hitting 20 yard passes we pass the ball to each other.  Just stuff players at this level should be capable of.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1468 on: September 20, 2018, 09:22:50 AM »
Just out of interest and I'm not asking this to undermine anybones opinion but all of the posters whi are heing vocally critical of DM's tactics and management. Would you prefer Pulis back and his style which would certainly fix the weakness at the back?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1469 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
Just out of interest and I'm not asking this to undermine anybones opinion but all of the posters whi are heing vocally critical of DM's tactics and management. Would you prefer Pulis back and his style which would certainly fix the weakness at the back?

No.

I didn't want either in charge, but not since Roy Hodgson have we had a manager I actually wanted at the time we were appointing.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1470 on: September 20, 2018, 09:48:30 AM »
Don't want to see or hear Pulis at the Hawthorns ever again.
I think Dave and Jonesy are doing a very good job in what was a difficult time during the summer and they and the other coaches have steered us into 4th place.
Once they have sorted the defence out we will be pushing for promotion.
Incidentally,in the 14 games he's been in charge am I right in saying he's lost only 3 games?
And some people don't want Dave?
Who do they think could do better?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1471 on: September 20, 2018, 10:16:45 AM »

I'd be happy to carry on the way we are if the defence didn't have a forward pass completion rate of about 25%.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: September 20, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »
I don't concern myself with the percentages,its all about getting goals for and points,let's keep on accumulating points then hopefully during that time we can solve our back 3.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1473 on: September 20, 2018, 01:54:50 PM »
Our defence seems to the only main issue at present [midfield needs stabalising a little] but we are attacking and scoring goals, something we were all asking for last season. I am confident that Darren & Co will sort it all out in time - if we can see it then I am sure they can too. The league doesnt lie and we are where we want to be, so it can't be all bad.

What does amuse me are the few who are already calling for his head. I read a comment recently after the 3rd or 4th game that simply said 'Thank you and goodnight'.....from someone who confirmed that they voted for Darren in the forum poll!

What were you expecting??????
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1474 on: September 20, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
Our defence seems to the only main issue at present [midfield needs stabalising a little] but we are attacking and scoring goals, something we were all asking for last season. I am confident that Darren & Co will sort it all out in time - if we can see it then I am sure they can too. The league doesnt lie and we are where we want to be, so it can't be all bad.

[what does amuse me are the few who are already calling for his head][/b]. I read a comment recently after the 3rd or 4th game that simply said 'Thank you and goodnight'.....from someone who confirmed that they voted for Darren in the forum poll!

What were you expecting??????

Stupid people. I wouldn't have chosen Darren Moore initially but to be calling for his head is just stupidity.