Author Topic: Romelu Lukaku (On loan from Chelsea)  (Read 190168 times)

addy

• Senior Baggie

Re: Romelu Lukaku (On loan from Chelsea)
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2012, 07:31:26 PM »
That link on SkySportsNews comments yesterday, "Hes coming to Newcastle", "100% to Stoke", "Dont think so hes coming to West Ham", "No coming to Wigan because of Moses deal","err No hes on his way to Sunderland", "Welcome to Everton Lukaku.", "Cant wait to see him in QPR shirt this season.".

It was like that, not one mention of us.  Massive smile on my face.

this is the post : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/7976214/Lukaku-rules-out-Fulham-move

Alot of unhappy people tonight :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:39:05 PM by addy »

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
WOW!

That is all.

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
Utterly astounded. Steve clark factor. Literally unreal signing.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »
Not exactly for this thread but look forward to an announcement within the next couple of days.

Did someone slip something into JP's tea  ;D. I eagerly await the news, If Olsson has signed a new contract this surely must go down as been the best summer in terms of deals this club has ever done. Just unbelievable to be a baggies fan at the moment.

albionproud70

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2012, 07:44:03 PM »
Having watched absolute drivel in the forward line during the 1980's with the likes of George Reilly,Paul Williams etc.
And then such nuggets in the 1990s such  as Brett Angell and that apology of a footballer Fabian De Freitas who slept in late and forgot there was a match on!!!!
I could write loads of rubbish forwards but cant be ar53ed we had so many back then...
To land a footballer of Lukaku ability and quality to me is statment of intent by Ebenezzer Clarke and Ashworth.
I was happy enough with Rosenberg but this transfer puts the icing on the cake for me.
We've come along way since losing to Bristol Rovers and getting relegated at their dump of a ground (only time ive ever cried at a football match)in front of their baying inbred laughing scum.
 These marqe signings finally say to me that the club mean to stay in this league,consolidate and push on upwards..
Its going to be a tough season this year and im more confident than ever that we have the players to keep us up and push on..

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »
You didnt get one because our lack of ambition wasnt it?  ;D

The reason I didnt get a season ticket was I was sick to death of football. Over paid rubbish in my opinion, they dive around like they had been shot in there own spit. You cannot come across many players who dont do it for money and they dont really care about the club.

They look after number one. Ben Foster is one player who i belive plays football as a way of supporting his family and now they are settled he is happy and shows that back to the fans. He is very admirable but most of the rest couldnt give a toss where they play or what colour shirt they are in.

Im excited at the prospect at Albion doing well this season but I wont be returning to have a season ticket holder as it rules your life. They decide when the matches will be, not at 3pm on saturday as it should be.

Speedway is my new love, Thursday night every time no change and you get people who get paid by how they perform...Id rather give it to someone that earns it than just takes it!

Back to point....All these attacking options excites me!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:29:25 PM by Quakes Fan »

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »
Absolutely delighted with this signing.  I think Clarkes 4-3-3 will work really well with him as the focal point.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
WOW Thanks RDM well done SC
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:57:25 PM by OldburyWBA »

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »
In all seriousness the most important signing of the season.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
If any of you are interested, WBA facebook page linked this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH7aOG263tw&feature=share

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »
Did someone slip something into JP's tea

I think it might be something to do with the fact that JP will want West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League at the start of next season when the new TV windfall comes in.

AlbionLegend

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »
Fantastic loan signing, really hope it pays off!
I've got those West Bromwich Blues!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »
In all seriousness the most important signing of the season.

No...as much as he could be - it remains Foster.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
Really excited for the new season now, these signings look great  ;D Would love a new defender too but hey if this is what we go with then great.
Allllllll aboard

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
Fantastic signing, can hardly believe this summer transfer window.   ;D

We are still a little vulnerable if we lose Olsson to injury, but what an attack and midfield we have now!  :o
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:16:29 PM by GrGr »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »
Ok not the finished article but the blokes a beast isnt he. Im impressed with this JP. And credit to SC and DA for getting it done. An exciting addition no doubt about it. What a strikeforce................

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »

I think it might be something to do with the fact that JP will want West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League at the start of next season when the new TV windfall comes in.

Spot on. ;)
Baggie in Southampton

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
We are no longer short sighted as a club, we have a 3 year rolling plan, which now seems to have gone past, factoring in the case of relegation.
The plan now seem to be planning premiership football for 3 years  plus cup runs, and top 10 finish
Ill Sleep when im dead

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »
Yam let we darn again, why aye we spending 7 mill on a sentur back loike Johnson
Sack the board.
Seriously can't thank west brom enough for doing all this for the first season I buy a season ticket, cheers :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
We are no longer short sighted as a club, we have a 3 year rolling plan, which now seems to have gone past, factoring in the case of relegation.
The plan now seem to be planning premiership football for 3 years  plus cup runs, and top 10 finish

With all due respect Matt you can't possibly infer that.

The 3 year plan will always expect the worst. That's why very very few people sign a contract for more than 3 years, without the additional years being in the club's favour.

If Cox is indeed sold then we'd have only spent about £3mill in fees. We've Sharner off the wages and we're making saving on the other departed lads also.

We've massively stepped up our wage bill, but it won't be past what is coverable in light of relegation and none-promotion.

Lukaku may not be on massive wages. From what I've read their is no loan fee.

JP is making it so that none of the sniping miseries can ever again accuse him of being cheap, but he isn't spending money we don't have. We've gone too far to start that game.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:48:26 PM by solo_baggie »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »
I just saw the breaking news on SSN and thought I was pi**ed when reading it on the screen. Am literally shaking with excitement at the prospect of our attacking form this season. My god, sign a decent centre half and we could be in Europe next season................without there being a war !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »
We are the opposite of stoke! where they seem to buy massive cb after cb we just keep buying great forwards! this is amazing news, was working a 12hour shift, didnt believe the rumours when i left for work, finished at 9.30 to see a text from my cousin saying we signed lukaku! cant believe it!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

QRHcooper

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2012, 11:10:00 PM »
Smiling from ear to ear :)
Father inlaws a Chelski nut, told me about this, this morning! Told him to stop winding me up.. Haha, sooo chuffed to be a Baggie Boy right now (and always ;)
British by Birth English By the Grace of God

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
Really exciting transfer, I wonder if he'll get straight into the starting line-up against Liverpool.
Odemwingie, Lukaku and Brunt on the left maybe? If utilized correctly Brunt's crosses to Lukaku could be the stuff dreams are made of!
We've got so many options now, all really promising. I guess it'll be Long/Lukaku and Rosenberg fighting it out for the main central striker role, with Odemwingie, Fortune, El Ghannassy, Brunt, Gera (Jesus, am i missing anyone?!  ;D ) fighting it out for the wider striker/winger role.

Really exciting time to be a Baggie

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »
What's left to be said that has not been repeated 10 times already. But I will say it anyway, great signing and am very thrilled that we can land players like Lakaku (even though just on loan) and Rosenberg. Very exciting times indeed! Just one little side note I just hope were not to gung ho in sacrifice of the great strides me made to our defense these last 18 months. Nonetheless, very much looking forward to the season!!