Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1270737 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #3300 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »
It does say "is apparently supposed to be coach at West Bromwich Albion" which suggests that Welt is taking it with a pinch of salt to a certain extent at present.

The HAZ article sounds fairly confident it's a done deal, assuming I'm interpreting Google Translate's Engrish correctly:

In Hanover, he still enjoys great popularity since he was ten years back in 96, the first League has done. Now Ralf Rangnick moved to the English Premier League. After HAZ information of the 52-year-old in the coming season is West Bromwich Albion take on, in tenth last season on the island.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3301 on: June 02, 2012, 09:31:56 AM »
Get the feeling the news is beginning to break here bearing in mind they are a little ahead of us. Makes sense to me. The silence tended to indicate that someone had been offered the job. If correct the first German to coach in the PL and in the UK for how long if ever!!........and a pat on the back to JP for securing the services of another quality experienced coach. The question will be can he find his feet quickly. He would have pre season which is the real bonus........we shall wait and see if this unfolds

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3302 on: June 02, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
Does look like the German Media think it is a done deal here's hoping.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3303 on: June 02, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
Ralf might be on the phone to Ben Foster as we type ! 
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3304 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
To polish the English in the article a bit.

"Nach HAZ-Informationen wird der 52-Jährige in der kommenden Saison West Bromwich Albion übernehmen, vergangene Spielzeit Tabellenzehnter auf der Insel."

According to information from HAZ, the 52 year old will take over West Bromwich Albion, last season's 10th placed team in England.

The article goes on to say that he had a health scare (close to burn out) but is now fit again and hungry for success.

Hope it's true :)

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3305 on: June 02, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »
Already thought it would be Ralf, this is as good as confirmation for me. VERY VERY happy with this appointment.

:D :D :D

Now just Foster and Olsson to go!!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3306 on: June 02, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
From the Birmingham Mail this morning:

THE uncertainty surrounding the identity of West Brom’s new manager is set to continue into next week as Albion still search for Roy Hodgson’s successor. Another quiet day passed at The Hawthorns with German Ralf Rangnick remaining the most likely man to take over.

However, sources in Germany suggest the former Schalke and Hoffenheim boss is cooling on the idea and the longer negotiations drag on the less easy it is to be optimistic about the man they call ‘The Professor’ bringing his enlightened methods to the Black Country.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/west-bromwich-albion-fc-news/2012/06/02/west-bromwich-albion-uncertainty-surrounds-search-for-new-manager-to-replace-roy-hodgson-97319-31097575/

I wonder who his "sources in Germany" are.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:47:21 AM by Quakes Fan »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3307 on: June 02, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
Is it just me or does the BMail sound a bit snotty about Ralph?

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3308 on: June 02, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »
That Birmingham Mail article makes it sound like it will be Appleton.

Poyet would command a similar fee to Hughton, so I can't see how he'd be in the frame?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3309 on: June 02, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »

The local papers seem way out of the loop on the whole manager thing so far............
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Alex

« Reply #3310 on: June 02, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »

I think that article was just written before the Hannover paper published.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3311 on: June 02, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
From the Birmingham Mail this morning:

THE uncertainty surrounding the identity of West Brom’s new manager is set to continue into next week as Albion still search for Roy Hodgson’s successor. Another quiet day passed at The Hawthorns with German Ralf Rangnick remaining the most likely man to take over.

However, sources in Germany suggest the former Schalke and Hoffenheim boss is cooling on the idea and the longer negotiations drag on the less easy it is to be optimistic about the man they call ‘The Professor’ bringing his enlightened methods to the Black Country.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/west-bromwich-albion-fc-news/2012/06/02/west-bromwich-albion-uncertainty-surrounds-search-for-new-manager-to-replace-roy-hodgson-97319-31097575/

I wonder who his "sources in Germany" are.

I suddenly get the feeling that we're not as in control of the new manager situation as we were led to believe.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3312 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
Birmingham Mail copy probably filed last night for publication this morning. Although they do quote "German Media Sources" saying completely the opposite to what has been published this morning. Confused? I certainly am

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3313 on: June 02, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »

I think that article was just written before the Hannover paper published.

I agree probably the BM had nothing concrete so they speculated on what they knew and figured things had cooled. Could of misread this which would be embarrassing, bad week for CL to be on holiday as he is the one who is closest to whats going on through club channels. We shall see.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3314 on: June 02, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
I suddenly get the feeling that we're not as in control of the new manager situation as we were led to believe.

Who knows. Sounds to me like Brian doesn't know any more than we do. The HAZ article appeared online 30-45 minutes before the Mail article, but the Mail article doesn't have any new information. It could have been written last night.

stripes

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3315 on: June 02, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »
New App for baggies in the offing? I think that the local rags are being mischievous,especially as the vile are sorted.

burgib

« Reply #3316 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »
Rangnicks Agent said:

Laut Rangnicks Berater Oliver Mintzlaff gibt es aber bislang keinen Vollzug. «Ich kann lediglich bestätigen, dass es Gespräche gab, eine Entscheidung steht noch aus», sagte er. http://www.stern.de/sport/fussball/rangnick-soll-trainer-bei-west-bromwich-werden-1835576.html

Oliver Mintzlaff: "I can only confirm, that there have been talks, but no decision has been made yet"

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3317 on: June 02, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »
Who knows. Sounds to me like Brian doesn't know any more than we do. The HAZ article appeared online 30-45 minutes before the Mail article, but the Mail article doesn't have any new information. It could have been written last night.

Mail does not publish online ahead of hard copy edition so the Mail article would have been filed yesterday evening for publication today. Not sure about the German sources but fairly certain at least some of them would be written after the Mail article was put to bed.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3318 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »
I dont think the media have more of a clue than us on this one or if they do they cannot say, Chris L is normally in the loop but obviously with him being off it makes it difficult for the new bloke to step in for a week and get information.

Albion dont tend to do their business in public, Liverpool did theirs a lot by announcing who they wanted to interview, Villa has been played out in the media whether they wanted it or not with Lambert quitting, and Norwich and Swansea have only been looking a day or two.

Its never been the clubs nature to make it public who we were after, it rarely happens with Players either, we get linked a lot but its very rare for us to confirm out interest in anyone, even with RDM it appeared it would be Mcinnes or Irvine, in came RDM out the blue, last time we thought it was Hughton and then out of nowhere in came Royston and thats why the fact it appears to be public about Rangnick makes me think knowing Albion we have somebody else in the frame.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3319 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »
Rangnicks Agent said:

Laut Rangnicks Berater Oliver Mintzlaff gibt es aber bislang keinen Vollzug. «Ich kann lediglich bestätigen, dass es Gespräche gab, eine Entscheidung steht noch aus», sagte er. http://www.stern.de/sport/fussball/rangnick-soll-trainer-bei-west-bromwich-werden-1835576.html

Oliver Mintzlaff: "I can only confirm, that there have been talks, but no decision has been made yet"

thanks for that. with the news leaking from the German press and the non denial from his agent i am guessing that this could just be "pending" official news from WBA FC............we shall see

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3320 on: June 02, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »
To the mods/admin

I know this is a record for a thread but can you 'out' the member who has posted most times?  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3321 on: June 02, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
waiting for local press to say that german reports stating rangnick has joined WBA as head coach are 'wide of the mark'

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3322 on: June 02, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »
Seeing as the deal is reported as confirmed in a German paper, I would of thought that the odds would have shortened significantly as a precaution. The fact Hughton is still as short with some bookies concerns me. I know they have not been the best judge to date if they had any reason to believe he had the job wouldn't they have responded?

I just don't know what to think any more.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:01:32 AM by KingKoren »

hannover96

« Reply #3323 on: June 02, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a supporter of Ralf Rangnick's former club Hannover 96. I can only congratulate you of getting this excellent manager (if he finally comes to West Bromwich). He is one of the best managers in Germany with a modern football philosophy. Moreover, half of the Bundesliga would be glad to have him as a manager, thus, he has a high reputation. He often stated that he would like to join the Premier League and now it looks like he can do so.

I am pretty excited how this story is going to develop. If you have any deeper questions regarding Ralf Rangnick I am trying to answer them.

Kind regards

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3324 on: June 02, 2012, 11:21:08 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a supporter of Ralf Rangnick's former club Hannover 96. I can only congratulate you of getting this excellent manager (if he finally comes to West Bromwich). He is one of the best managers in Germany with a modern football philosophy. Moreover, half of the Bundesliga would be glad to have him as a manager, thus, he has a high reputation. He often stated that he would like to join the Premier League and now it looks like he can do so.

I am pretty excited how this story is going to develop. If you have any deeper questions regarding Ralf Rangnick I am trying to answer them.

Kind regards

Guten Morgan, Ich Heibe (not got that funny s/b button) Liam  :D

Welcome to the board and thank you for that insightful post. If he so highly rated in Germany, has he never been considered for their national team? And what are the chances he would leave, if Joachim Loew left after these upcoming Euro's?

Danke. Auf Wierdersehn.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom