Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1284931 times)

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #3350 on: June 02, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »
Odds really shortening on Skybet. Do they know something?  :o

1/4

Coral have suspended betting.

wbatesy

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3351 on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »
Quote from: Fussball Livestream
Ralf Rangnick wird wahrscheinlich bald sein Comeback als Trainer geben und alles spricht für ein Traineramt in England bei West Bromwich, welche ihren vorherigen Trainer an die Nationalmannschaft verloren haben.

Wahrscheinlich is the key word.... "probably" lol if one word could describe us when it comes down to securing a deal, "probably" would be it ;D

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3352 on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »
These are just reactions to the local speculation I'd guess.

sooty2

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3353 on: June 02, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
they should now its on sky gemany part of sky bet but i got evens this morning

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3354 on: June 02, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »
about Ralf joining the baggies i can pick up sky germany on my TV just put it on and it was running across the bottom off sky sports germany
Let's hope it's more accurate than our sky sports "understands" stories.

It's dragging on a bit too much, but then what's new.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3355 on: June 02, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »
is it just me or does Google Translate convert West Bromwich to West Ham!!!

Ralf Rangnick wird wahrscheinlich bald sein Comeback als Trainer geben und alles spricht für ein Traineramt in England bei West Bromwich, welche ihren vorherigen Trainer an die Nationalmannschaft verloren haben

Ralf Rangnick will probably soon be a comeback as a coach and everything speaks for coaching positions in England at West Ham, who have lost their former coach of the national team.

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3356 on: June 02, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »
Let's hope it's more accurate than our sky sports "understands" stories.

It's dragging on a bit too much, but then what's new.

Sky Sports Duetschland versteht...

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3357 on: June 02, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
ich fuhle, dass es entspannend ist! Jedoch ist es nicht total gemacht!

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #3358 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
ich fuhle, dass es entspannend ist! Jedoch ist es nicht total gemacht!

Touché

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3359 on: June 02, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
haha, i feel that this is exciting, but it isnt totally done(did a-level german a few years back, but cant remember if everything is absolutely right)

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3360 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
If JP captured by pirates  in the Indian Ocean I don't think HM Govt will come to his rescue.

Instead leave it to JP to negotiate with his captors.

At the end of it JP will have secured Ben Foster on a five year deal - for no fee.

Plus full fishing rights for the Indian Ocean.

You heard it here first.

And you can get 1 million to 1 at Ladbrokes - so stick a quid on it now!

Hahaha.
Just been reading the Lambert story to Villa. Think they have got an amazing manager. Anyone else think its unusual that 2 mangers of the newly promoted teams have been scooped up to manage bigger jobs within a year? Think it shows that the difference between the Premier League and Championship is narrowing all the time. Although I think Ralf would be a fantastic appointment, Appleton did a pretty good job at Portsmouth in the circumstances and its pretty apparent that it was their financial crisis what effectively relegated them. I'd be willing to have Appleton back while the same players and back room staff are here and help him out while he gets experience.
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

hannover96

« Reply #3361 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
I read all these articles. Even sky sports Germany refers to the HAZ ("Hannoverschen Allgemeinen Zeitung"): http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/premier-league-rangnick-zieht-es-wohl-auf-die-insel.jsp

So as I stated earlier: There is just one article saying Rangnick is going to West Bromwich. The rest of the media is copying and pasting...

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3362 on: June 02, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »
Hahaha.
Just been reading the Lambert story to Villa. Think they have got an amazing manager. Anyone else think its unusual that 2 mangers of the newly promoted teams have been scooped up to manage bigger jobs within a year? Think it shows that the difference between the Premier League and Championship is narrowing all the time. Although I think Ralf would be a fantastic appointment, Appleton did a pretty good job at Portsmouth in the circumstances and its pretty apparent that it was their financial crisis what effectively relegated them. I'd be willing to have Appleton back while the same players and back room staff are here and help him out while he gets experience.

I think I'll reserve judgement until this time next year
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wbatesy

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3363 on: June 02, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »
I read all these articles. Even sky sports Germany refers to the HAZ ("Hannoverschen Allgemeinen Zeitung"): http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/premier-league-rangnick-zieht-es-wohl-auf-die-insel.jsp

So as I stated earlier: There is just one article saying Rangnick is going to West Bromwich. The rest of the media is copying and pasting...

How realiable is HAZ for sport? I've never considered reading their paper before  :-\

hannover96

« Reply #3364 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
How realiable is HAZ for sport? I've never considered reading their paper before  :-\

Since it is my home town newspaper, I read this newspaper pretty often.

So in general, it is pretty reliable. But I guess every newspaper has some stories, which do not appear true afterwards. It is hard to define the credibility of this newspaper. But, I will try to do so: If there are in average 10 articles in sports for my home club Hannover 96, then 7-8 become true afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:14:51 PM by hannover96 »

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3365 on: June 02, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
I can just hear the chant now (To the Mancini song).

Ralf Rangnick wo o o, Ralf Rangnick wo o o
He comes from Germany to manage the Baggies
Ralf Rangnick wo o o

:D
Gera, Gera, Gera

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3366 on: June 02, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
I can just hear the chant now (To the Mancini song).

Ralf Rangnick wo o o, Ralf Rangnick wo o o
He comes from Germany to manage the Baggies
Ralf Rangnick wo o o

:D

To live in Dud-er-ley   :D

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #3367 on: June 02, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

Since it is my home town newspaper, I read this newspaper pretty often.

So in general, it is pretty reliable. But I guess every newspaper has some stories, which do not appear true afterwards. It is hard to define the credibility of this newspaper. But, I will try to do so: If there are in average 10 articles in sports for my home club Hannover 96, then 7-8 become true afterwards.

I'm not going to get my hopes up. It feels like it won't happen to me.

But I really want it to happen.  :-\

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3368 on: June 02, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
To anyone annoyed by the seals appointing Lambert quicker than we have appointed anyone remember:

1) They've probably been looking longer than us - we all knew McLeish was going to be sacked by Easter or before even.

2) Lambert was evassive about being Nowich's manager straight after the last game of the season - done deal already?

So don't lose heart Baggies fans!

wbatesy

• WBA Coach

hannover96

« Reply #3370 on: June 02, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/article106407521/Ralf-Rangnick-soll-Trainer-in-England-werden.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Allerdings ist nach Informationen von Welt Online weder bei Rangnick noch beim Klub aus der Premier League eine Entscheidung gefallen, ob es zu einer Zusammenarbeit kommt. Beide Parteien haben bislang nur ihre jeweiligen Vorstellungen ausgetauscht. Vor Montag oder Dienstag wird es demnach wohl zu keinem Ergebnis der Verhandlungen kommen.

This article is referring to the HAZ, but has additional information, as highlighted above.

Short translation: According to Welt Online information, no decision has been made yet (either from Rangnick or West Bromwich). The results of the negotiations between both parties are not likely to be announced before Monday or Tuesday .
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:00:26 PM by hannover96 »

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #3371 on: June 02, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
To anyone annoyed by the seals appointing Lambert quicker than we have appointed anyone remember:

1) They've probably been looking longer than us - we all knew McLeish was going to be sacked by Easter or before even.

2) Lambert was evassive about being Nowich's manager straight after the last game of the season - done deal already?

So don't lose heart Baggies fans!
They only appointed Lambert so fast because they had the money to throw at Norwich to get Lambert and the lack of sense to actually do so.

1germanguy

« Reply #3372 on: June 02, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »
hello to everyone

when all the rumours are true, then i can congratulate you guys . You will get one of the best german coaches. Iam a Schalke04 supporter.
I will watch some of your games in the future to see how Ralf is doing
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:08:41 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3373 on: June 02, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
hello to everyone

when all the rumours are true, then i can congratulate you guys . You will get one of the best german coaches. Iam a Schalke04 supporter.

Welcome.

If they are true and Ralf does come I think most of us here will be very happy. Fingers crossed. Maybe he'll bring some gems from the bunderleiga?!

I just want it to become official so we can put this to rest!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3374 on: June 02, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
hello to everyone

Welcome friend :)

Well this really is beginning to have an international flavour, if we get Ralf-brilliant, if not at least we've made some new friendships, hope you German guys stay with our forum as its always good to hear opinions from other countries football fans, 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!