Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: State of the Squad - (Championship 2024/25)
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 06:14:44 PM »
Understood and I certainly don’t disagree with the gist of what you posted. I reckon  Townsend may be higher paid than you think but, as you say, it’s all speculation.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 06:09:33 PM »
More to do with the ageing squad we have I would think. We have some who struggle to last 90 as it is.

Correct and that, in my view, is a big part of why we play as we do. Got to get some younger players in somehow.
« Last post by smethwickw on Today at 05:51:38 PM »
I’ve noticed we sometimes press for periods and then sit back. For example, stay tight minutes 0-15 then 15-25 boom we go hard and then sit back again. I’m not sure of this tactic has a name, not really a tactician here.

More to do with the ageing squad we have I would think. We have some who struggle to last 90 as it is.
2, another 2 on 19.

We don't have anyone in the top 24 of the goal charts.

By strikers I mean people playing as actual centre forward not inside forward/inverted wingers.
« Last post by lewisant on Today at 04:50:13 PM »
Definitely agree with this.

There have been games this season where we've been crying out for an explosive high intensity!

I’ve noticed we sometimes press for periods and then sit back. For example, stay tight minutes 0-15 then 15-25 boom we go hard and then sit back again. I’m not sure of this tactic has a name, not really a tactician here.
How many 20 goal a season strikers were there in the Championship this year?

2, another 2 on 19.

We don't have anyone in the top 24 of the goal charts.
It kills us when they double up and we have no other threat but with Fellows on the right it makes us difficult to play against. If we had a 20 goal striker and we'd had these guys all season we'd have finished top two.

How many 20 goal a season strikers were there in the Championship this year?

Where is the best drinking place in Southampton for the Albion fans?

Haven't been there personally but a few people I know will be heading to the Guide Dog pub on the corner of Earls Road and Ancasta Road which is about a mile from the ground.
Portsmouth

Med me loff. They hate Southampton so much if we beat them head for Pompey for free beer.
Where is the best drinking place in Southampton for the Albion fans?
Portsmouth
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10