Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369865 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #6975 on: April 02, 2021, 09:49:55 AM »
Extending the Halfords is just a totem it makes zero practical difference either way. It does not move the dial at all even in the absolute best case scenario it might put an average Premier League player on the pitch and you could achieve the same impact on the club's revenues by increasing the prices by 20% (which if you think you can fill the extra seats you should be able to sustain.)

This or something similar is the best version of WBA. We are in the same boat as every other club that isn't the preeminent club in it's region nor the beneficiary of sports washing or happened to be have developed a nationwide fanbase at outset of the television age (in practical terms the 1970's) which has subsequently developed into a global monster in the digital age.

If you want ambition that might make any significant difference it is a new stadium with double the capacity heavy none football usage and greatly increased matchday revenues per seat.

Frankly I don't see us being bought any of the dozen or so multi billionaires with the wealth to do that  let alone put a team on the pitch capable of filling that stadium and getting the regular Champions League qualification that would be needed make the project vaguely self sustaining.

Watching Farhad Moshiri trying to do this with Everton would be funny were it not a terrible waste of resources (£400m and counting) and in the context of that level of stupidity 5,000 seats in the Hawthorns is like trying to put out an oil well fire with a water pistol. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6976 on: April 02, 2021, 02:01:36 PM »
Great post, Stan.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6977 on: April 02, 2021, 02:09:14 PM »
Won't be any redevelopment under this owner but to move to next level ground needs updating and thinking outside box hotel, sports and business complex could be part of planning.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6978 on: April 02, 2021, 03:15:02 PM »
Won't be any redevelopment under this owner but to move to next level ground needs updating and thinking outside box hotel, sports and business complex could be part of planning.

Is there a need for a sports / business complex or a hotel on the A41 between the motorway and Handsworth?  I somehow doubt it !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6979 on: April 03, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
Is there a need for a sports / business complex or a hotel on the A41 between the motorway and Handsworth?  I somehow doubt it !

There's a lack of sports facilities in the area. As for hotels near motorways business men will always need them during 'normal' times. We won't be in a pandemic forever.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6980 on: April 04, 2021, 12:51:13 PM »
Moxley reporting that Lai in exclusivity talks with interested buyer who wants Allardyce here next season if we get relegated.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 12:54:26 PM by paulosull »

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6981 on: April 04, 2021, 12:54:19 PM »
Moxley reporting that Lai in exclusivity talks with interested buy who wants Allardyce here next season if we get relegated.
lines up with the rumour from months ago that Allardyce was put in place as part of an agreement with the mystery buyer.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6982 on: April 04, 2021, 12:58:20 PM »
Lia could be gone by start of next season hopefully

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6983 on: April 04, 2021, 12:58:44 PM »
Cant wait for Lai to go.

It's no good though if he sells to another dead loss.

We need the same sort of luck as Vile got with their takeover.

Needless to say, not holding my breath.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6984 on: April 04, 2021, 01:06:54 PM »
Not putting two and two together but with Allardyce comments on Friday about wanting funds to get club back on first attempt and Moxley's reporting in people this could have legs.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6985 on: April 04, 2021, 01:07:56 PM »
Not sure how true this is. On Facebook there is a page called Westbromnews. In my opinion this is purely a clickbait site.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6986 on: April 04, 2021, 01:20:22 PM »
Where’s the article? Can’t find it
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6987 on: April 04, 2021, 01:27:43 PM »
Where’s the article? Can’t find it
west brom news

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6988 on: April 04, 2021, 01:40:40 PM »
I don't normally link to the dreadful clickbait site but they have a photo of the Mirror print article.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/04/04/west-brom-takeover-guochuan-lai-in-exclusivity-arrangement-with-potential-buyer/

Picking through the story it includes an exclusivity agreement with unidentified buyers although while the identity is shrouded in mystery they very specifically want to retain Allardyce under all circumstances.

Hate to dash everyone's hopes but it's Moxley and it's the Mirror when someone serious reports something serious I might take it seriously. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6989 on: April 04, 2021, 02:11:53 PM »
All we can do is watch this space I suppose but owner wants or needs to sell. But what surprises me is that two valuations have been agreed, prem price and Championship price can't get head round this.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6990 on: April 04, 2021, 02:16:56 PM »
I don't normally link to the dreadful clickbait site but they have a photo of the Mirror print article.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/04/04/west-brom-takeover-guochuan-lai-in-exclusivity-arrangement-with-potential-buyer/

Picking through the story it includes an exclusivity agreement with unidentified buyers although while the identity is shrouded in mystery they very specifically want to retain Allardyce under all circumstances.

Hate to dash everyone's hopes but it's Moxley and it's the Mirror when someone serious reports something serious I might take it seriously.

'dreadful clickbait site '. Worst Albion page on Facebook. I am more then happy to tell them they are clickbait. Obviously they don't like it.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6991 on: April 04, 2021, 03:46:04 PM »

'dreadful clickbait site '. Worst Albion page on Facebook. I am more then happy to tell them they are clickbait. Obviously they don't like it.

Without detracting from the topic too much, I have to agree with this about tthat site. They had an article a few days ago basically calling people who disagreed with the writer (I won't say journo in regard to that site in any way) "super fans".

I tried to comment but they wouldn't approve it  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6992 on: April 04, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »
There's a lack of sports facilities in the area. As for hotels near motorways business men will always need them during 'normal' times. We won't be in a pandemic forever.
There may well be, but if I had to pick a hotel to stay in on business there’s no way I’d go on the border of handsworth when 20 mins either way you’ve got Sutton Coldfield,Solihull etc .
Also don’t see why Lai would look to improve local people’s sports facilities?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6993 on: April 04, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
I once wrote for what that site was before it became this and I have absolutely no credentials whatsoever! It’s turned into even more of a garbage site than it was before.

It just recycles and then posts opinions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6994 on: April 04, 2021, 04:45:09 PM »
I once wrote for what that site was before it became this and I have absolutely no credentials whatsoever! It’s turned into even more of a garbage site than it was before.

It just recycles and then posts opinions.

It's really cr@p isn't it.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6995 on: April 04, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »
There may well be, but if I had to pick a hotel to stay in on business there’s no way I’d go on the border of handsworth when 20 mins either way you’ve got Sutton Coldfield,Solihull etc .

To increase the value of what he and his associates own. Our value is currently based largely upon TV revenues. Apart from land that's pretty much it.

If business men want to travel to Sutton Coldfield and Solihull instead then good for them. I wonder why there's a new hotel travel thingy in West Brom. I know, it must be because there's no need for one, they have no business plan and just wanted to throw their money down the pan.

Or it could be that many business men don't leave the hotel and couldn't give a stuff about their surroundings once their bellies are full and they've closed their eyes for the night, and have direct access to the national roadways system when they awake from their slumbers.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6996 on: April 04, 2021, 05:14:50 PM »
There is also a Premier Inn not 5 minutes away from The Hawthorns in West Brom town Centre and about 20 minutes away on a good day is J10 of the M6 which has two Hotels right by it unless it was 2 as one burnt down but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if J9 has any by it and and about 2 minutes away from J10 in Bentley is a Premier Inn to but for the club to build a Hotel would help us financially. However I don't think we have the land to do it
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6997 on: April 04, 2021, 05:15:06 PM »
To increase the value of what he and his associates own. Our value is currently based largely upon TV revenues. Apart from land that's pretty much it.

If business men want to travel to Sutton Coldfield and Solihull instead then good for them. I wonder why there's a new hotel travel thingy in West Brom. I know, it must be because there's no need for one, they have no business plan and just wanted to throw their money down the pan.

Or it could be that many business men don't leave the hotel and couldn't give a stuff about their surroundings once their bellies are full and they've closed their eyes for the night, and have direct access to the national roadways system when they awake from their slumbers.
Well this businessman always goes for a walk or a run ...
Not sure that because it’s there it means it’s viable, many companies have opened operations in areas and then realised it didn’t work...that’s life.
There are of course those that do “close their eyes and don’t give a stuff” I just genuinely don’t think that our stadiums location would be attractive enough to make it work or worth the owners trying it.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6998 on: April 04, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »
There is also a Premier Inn not 5 minutes away from The Hawthorns in West Brom town Centre and about 20 minutes away on a good day is J10 of the M6 which has two Hotels right by it unless it was 2 as one burnt down but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if J9 has any by it and and about 2 minutes away from J10 in Bentley is a Premier Inn to but for the club to build a Hotel would help us financially. However I don't think we have the land to do it
There’s also one by the prem inn in West Brom....but I wouldn’t advise using it....unless you really want to make some interesting new friends 😀

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6999 on: April 04, 2021, 05:20:50 PM »
Well this businessman always goes for a walk or a run .......

Plenty of pavements in West Brom Zippy, there's even a golf course and a run around Sandwell Valley to consider. If that's not to your particular taste the Brummie metropolis is only just down the road  ;D .