Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2383170 times)

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3650 on: August 05, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
Wish it had been earlier..might have invested in some players before the season started..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3651 on: August 05, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »
Sad times for me.

Everything we stood for has now gone for me.

I loved being the underdog, small fish in a big pond, working on a shoe string.

I think after 25 years of being on this earth I've just fell out of love with football.

Billionaires toys who couldn't give a toss about the club/fans/history/traditions.

Roll on the relegation and fans takeover in 5 years :)

i know what you are saying and understand but we have to be competitive in this evolving world of ours
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3652 on: August 05, 2016, 08:18:08 AM »
Sad times for me.

Everything we stood for has now gone for me.

I loved being the underdog, small fish in a big pond, working on a shoe string.

I think after 25 years of being on this earth I've just fell out of love with football.

Billionaires toys who couldn't give a toss about the club/fans/history/traditions.

Roll on the relegation and fans takeover in 5 years :)

It appears some are never satisfied, be positive FGS

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3653 on: August 05, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »
Over the moon with this news, I might have a beer.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3654 on: August 05, 2016, 08:18:36 AM »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3655 on: August 05, 2016, 08:19:12 AM »
Over the moon with this news, I might have a beer.

kev, a smacker awaits :)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3656 on: August 05, 2016, 08:19:35 AM »
Probably announcement that the club has decided to sell Carlsberg now due to the backlash of the no drinking thread on here  ;D

You are probably the closest to be fair!!!

What we come to expect from the Albion 
MAGA!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3657 on: August 05, 2016, 08:19:57 AM »
Wish it had been earlier..might have invested in some players before the season started..

Looking on the site the sale completed end of June, so I would imagine the new owners had a say in the bids of Schlupp and Sakho and were happy to proceed.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3658 on: August 05, 2016, 08:20:14 AM »
hes massive in worldwide  construction apparently

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3659 on: August 05, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »

kev, a smacker awaits :)
Says the man who was all doom and gloom on Sunday.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3660 on: August 05, 2016, 08:21:14 AM »
Says the man who was all doom and gloom on Sunday.

the ups and the downs eh :)

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3661 on: August 05, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »
I don't see loads of cash to be honest. The business market cap is only £1.8bn - that makes it relatively small. And its quarterly profits was only £7m.

Palm was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 2010 (ticker number 002431) and had a market capitalisation as at 4 August 2016 of RMB15.6billion (GBP1.8billion). In the six months ended 30 June 2016, Palm had revenue of RMB1.45billion (GBP164million) and recorded a profit before tax of RMB60million (GBP7million).

I'd like to be delighted but my brief scan says we've just inherited the Chinese Jeremy Peace....

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3662 on: August 05, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »
If things are to be believed, then tomorrow will be the day we find out if we are eating beef steaks or Bear Stew next season.

Still no sign of any statement from the club, so i remain doubtful.

You buying the steaks - i'll have a fillet please

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3663 on: August 05, 2016, 08:24:26 AM »
Done. Lock the thread, round up those who said nothing was happening and doubters and shoot them round the back of the Smethwick.  :P

Wasn't what I was hoping for, but there seems to be some substance to the man, & I could see a re-generation project coming out of it. For sure, he does seem to fit the "recognises that the club matters to the fans" category, & there is clearly plans in place to make the transition smooth.

Certainly Guochuan Lai is a tight b*stard wull be a lot harder to type on here & especially from a mobile  :)

Onward & upwards ( wonder what Wayne Rooney will look like in an Abion shirt?)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3664 on: August 05, 2016, 08:24:51 AM »
23 are you a shareholder or a friend of JP because you jump on everyone who makes there feelings known on the sh1te we are now in.
To say JP will not take the money out of the club and fans have themselves to blame sounds very much taking opinions personal take a pill.

Yeah I'm a shareholder, what of it?

Nothing personal about it, just think some folk are daft and misinformed. Such is life.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3665 on: August 05, 2016, 08:25:29 AM »
I don't see loads of cash to be honest. The business market cap is only £1.8bn - that makes it relatively small. And its quarterly profits was only £7m.

Palm was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 2010 (ticker number 002431) and had a market capitalisation as at 4 August 2016 of RMB15.6billion (GBP1.8billion). In the six months ended 30 June 2016, Palm had revenue of RMB1.45billion (GBP164million) and recorded a profit before tax of RMB60million (GBP7million).

I'd like to be delighted but my brief scan says we've just inherited the Chinese Jeremy Peace....

nooooooo :)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3666 on: August 05, 2016, 08:26:05 AM »
How do you pronounce his name?
Gok Wan?  :P

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3667 on: August 05, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »
Done. Lock the thread, round up those who said nothing was happening and doubters and shoot them round the back of the Smethwick.  :P

I wouldn't go that far but some serving of humble pie wouldn't go amiss

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3668 on: August 05, 2016, 08:29:12 AM »
Also worth noting that the new Chairman says Pulis & Hammond have identified 2 or 3 new players - so not only have we not been bought by Dalian Wanda or similar but we can reasonably expect only minimal transfer activity. And by the sounds of John Williams no change of manager......

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3669 on: August 05, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »
Also worth noting that the new Chairman says Pulis & Hammond have identified 2 or 3 new players - so not only have we not been bought by Dalian Wanda or similar but we can reasonably expect only minimal transfer activity. And by the sounds of John Williams no change of manager......

I think Kenny Jackett thought the same thing.....

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3670 on: August 05, 2016, 08:33:46 AM »
Nervous and exciting times. Hopefully he runs the club like JP did with 25% looser purse strings and a slightly more open ethos.

Hope we keep Pulis for the season then look to make a more ambitious appointment.

It was very boring under Peace towards the end, its boom or bust now.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3671 on: August 05, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »

But it's not just him, he's the majority shreholder in Shanghi Sports Development and that's who we've sold to.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3672 on: August 05, 2016, 08:36:15 AM »

Maybe 2 or 3 is just a figure of speech, a bit like saying some players? Even if it is only 2 or 3 who's to say we won't bring in some in January?

Changing manager this late in preseason would be a disaster in the making in my opinion.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3673 on: August 05, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »

I agree, but if you look at the business he's in, & the opportunities to be involved in world-wide re-generation projects, the scope is enormous. JP had taken us as far as he could, IMO, as this guy grows, so will we.
It's a clever move on both parts, Guochuan Lai will be able to use the Albion as a promotion vehicle, as his business grows, then there will be more money to pump into the Albion, which will increase our profile & his promotion opportunities so on.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3674 on: August 05, 2016, 08:37:24 AM »
The more I read the more it is clear that we have got a wealthy but not mega-rich owner - I would estimate his wealth as two/three hundred millions. That's a lot as an individual (obviously) but not for the owner of a Premier League football club. I think we can reasonably expect business as usual. This is not going to be a deal which sees a deluge of highly paid football down the Albion.