Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369815 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3350 on: July 30, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »
If we are taken over then we need a clean break, we need someone to push the club forward. We don't need Peace still here keeping the brakes on and haggling over every transfer we try and pull off.
Peace hasn't been interested in us for a few years, by his own admission, he is only interested in profit and how much he can get for us.
The only reason we didn't go last year because they couldn't pay him all the money in one go.

Anyone who thinks he has the club at heart are kidding themselves. He has no interaction with the fans at all.
A cold hearted money grabbing capitalist.
Entitled to your opinion but he's improved the club......training facilities.....academy....all adds to the value. It benefits Peace and the club going forward.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3351 on: July 30, 2016, 07:18:28 PM »
 but his footballing decisions in the last 4 years have been poor and quiet possibly motivated by personal needs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:06:19 AM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3352 on: July 30, 2016, 07:21:23 PM »
but his footballing decisions in the last 4 years have been motivated and quiet possibly motivated by personal needs

That's true of course . One of the just criticisms of  Peace in my view is that once we were established in the premier league, he had no apparent plan for pushing on, only to keep staying up? Of course , that was his aim so that he could sell up.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3353 on: July 30, 2016, 07:23:44 PM »
but his footballing decisions in the last 4 years have been motivated and quiet possibly motivated by personal needs
personal need for us to stay up maybe ...just as with every other Chairman in the league barring the loaded clubs.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3354 on: July 30, 2016, 07:24:03 PM »
Entitled to your opinion but he's improved the club......training facilities.....academy....all adds to the value. It benefits Peace and the club going forward.

And yet for all that good work off the pitch, we have not improved on it. When he took over we were 15th in the league, where is the progress?
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3355 on: July 30, 2016, 08:40:46 PM »
Now I canit wait till the bloody thing is either announced or denied got told a few week back some bad news about health. I say this not looking for sympathy. Its a weird thing but football became strangely important If have a wish in life It's see us sold to someone who can take us forward wihout destroying the spirit of the club and I would love to win a proper cup I never seen us do it forgive me just an old sod rambling

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3356 on: July 30, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
And yet for all that good work off the pitch, we have not improved on it. When he took over we were 15th in the league, where is the progress?
Well the game has transformed in the last 14 years. Other clubs have gained more wealthy owners (Man City ?) and been in more fashionable areas for investment. We have remained unfashionable and have struggled to keep up financially . So many factors come into it over the course of 14 years it's impossible to draw any conclusions. You obviously think we've underachieved though.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3357 on: July 30, 2016, 09:45:43 PM »
Now I canit wait till the bloody thing is either announced or denied got told a few week back some bad news about health. I say this not looking for sympathy. Its a weird thing but football became strangely important If have a wish in life It's see us sold to someone who can take us forward wihout destroying the spirit of the club and I would love to win a proper cup I never seen us do it forgive me just an old sod rambling

Mate I have everything crossed for you.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3358 on: July 30, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »

I hope your health issues become non issues.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3359 on: July 30, 2016, 10:29:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that mate. Fingers crossed for you and also that something happens very soon to move the club in a more ambitious and positive direction.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3360 on: July 30, 2016, 10:50:35 PM »
Ramble away fella.
You're so right about footie being something we hold on to during tough times, hoping things work out, good luck!

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3361 on: July 31, 2016, 09:18:40 AM »
Rumours on Facebook and Twitter its fallen through  :o

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3362 on: July 31, 2016, 09:21:18 AM »

Even if it's true the club never made anything public so there's no blame here.

Just time to crack on in the transfer market.

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3363 on: July 31, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
There was never a hint of a takeover from the club so no surprise to hear there is no takeover going ahead.
If the Chinese at wolves are anything to go by we really need to keep JP at the helm. Our problem is Pulis. Yesterday's starting line up was criminal. The dinosaur is destroying us.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3364 on: July 31, 2016, 09:27:59 AM »

That's what I heard last night as well from someone fairly well connected with the club. Apparently we moved the goal posts at the last minute in terms of the structure of the deal. The deal broke down on Wednesday.

An announcemet to be made tomorrow at some stage, i.e. no deal could be reached and we now support the head coach for a busy last month of the transfer window (blah blah).

This was always how it was going to end up.

Thank Christ I didn't bother to renew my season ticket...

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3365 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
Apart of me just thinks JP will never let go. He's done well for the club but we are struggling to compete to even get to the levels we have been. Lets face it, not everything is pulis fault. The squad needs help.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3366 on: July 31, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Great news if true.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3367 on: July 31, 2016, 09:51:48 AM »
That's what I heard last night as well from someone fairly well connected with the club. Apparently we moved the goal posts at the last minute in terms of the structure of the deal. The deal broke down on Wednesday.

An announcemet to be made tomorrow at some stage, i.e. no deal could be reached and we now support the head coach for a busy last month of the transfer window (blah blah).

Hope not............

We really need an injection of capital to help us stand still at this level let alone move forward.
The goalposts for competing at this level have changed with the new tv contract and other clubs at our level seem willing to invest at the new 'crazy' transfer market prices......................somehow you just know that Peace and Co. will bulk at paying the going rate and potentially see us left behind even further.

If Peace has scuppered a potential brilliant deal FOR THE CLUB through his greed then he should be rightly condemned fro everything that follows.

Overall, I think we just need something exciting and optimist to happen to our club !!!!! :o
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3368 on: July 31, 2016, 09:53:02 AM »
Apart of me just thinks JP will never let go. He's done well for the club but we are struggling to compete to even get to the levels we have been. Lets face it, not everything is pulis fault. The squad needs help.

Spot on....................more of the same old same old if true.

Will we ever develop the stadium and increase the fan base ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3369 on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »

JP move the goalposts? Unlike him! ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3370 on: July 31, 2016, 09:58:00 AM »
If indeed the takeover is off, it is quite possible that Peace has scuppered a deal which might have been disastrous for the club.  Maybe he has seen off a Vincent Tan-type takeover.

Just trying to add some balance to the discussion....

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3371 on: July 31, 2016, 09:59:57 AM »
Yet another well respected ITK on another board says the deal will be annouced next week. ???
BOING BOING

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3372 on: July 31, 2016, 10:03:02 AM »
There are rumours about the rumours of a sale which may or may not have been discussed with parties that are not yet known but might have been Chinese. We moved the goalposts or maybe we couldn't agree whether the goalposts were included in the sale price (yes £500,000 house sales have fallen through because of a dispute over soft furnishings).

I don't know nor does anyone else except a few people who are not willing or able to talk about this subject. For what it is worth the sale will go through when it goes through. Trying to designate a time frame to fit round the football season on a deal like this is virtually impossible so I would not be surprised if talks continued into the new season.

I have always maintained that the club has to be run on a business as usual basis until a deal is signed sealed and delivered and I assume it will be
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3373 on: July 31, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
There are rumours about the rumours of a sale which may or may not have been discussed with parties that are not yet known but might have been Chinese. We moved the goalposts or maybe we couldn't agree whether the goalposts were included in the sale price (yes £500,000 house sales have fallen through because of a dispute over soft furnishings).

I don't know nor does anyone else except a few people who are not willing or able to talk about this subject. For what it is worth the sale will go through when it goes through. Trying to designate a time frame to fit round the football season on a deal like this is virtually impossible so I would not be surprised if talks continued into the new season.

I have always maintained that the club has to be run on a business as usual basis until a deal is signed sealed and delivered and I assume it will be

Well said, if and when the club is sold, I think we all want a deal that enhances the future of the club and is not detrimental to the club in anyway. Funnily enough I do trust R P to do that when the time comes

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3374 on: July 31, 2016, 10:20:21 AM »

If so that's THREE times he has pulled this stunt and gt away with it.

Come on now folks, move along, nothing to see here.