Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2370077 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3325 on: July 29, 2016, 06:08:04 PM »
No because it's a private deal between two parties on the stock market whether you like it or not we don't have a god given right to know and the club won't address everything that comes out. I would suggest that the fact they haven't came out and dismissed it is as good a sign as any that it's happening

I've read that this whole "both parties on the stock market" line is tosh as West Bromwich Holdings is not on the stock market so can you shed any light on this? I politely asked a guy on twitter but he was more interested in being rude about it and labelling any "ITK" posters as talking "********." Some people just don't get the idea of chatting.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3326 on: July 29, 2016, 06:21:11 PM »
I've read that this whole "both parties on the stock market" line is tosh as West Bromwich Holdings is not on the stock market so can you shed any light on this? I politely asked a guy on twitter but he was more interested in being rude about it and labelling any "ITK" posters as talking "********." Some people just don't get the idea of chatting.

Sounds about right to me, just my opinion.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3327 on: July 29, 2016, 06:40:37 PM »

I understand. My point remains for example if you have two globally recognised companies with one looking to buy the other you dont hear the selling company coming out and confirming/denying whats going on or letting a large number of people know simply because a few people are demanding answers do you? Theres a reason the buying party remain a secret its because things are being done proffesionally and in the right way. I personally think the club are spot on not to address the media or the fans on this subject. JP is the major shareholder they are his shares and he deserves a right of privacy and protection when it comes to this because as much as we all love the club its a business at the end of the day and its his business first and foremost. I dont know would fans rather he came out like last year and discussed it in public Only for it to fall at the last hurdle? No i bet not because if that did happen (and before anyone begins to worry and write me private messages that hasnt happened and i doubt it will like ive said as far as im told its done) you would be annoyed and feel stitched up. Folks need to just be patient because its out of our hands just enjoy the ride remember good things come to those who wait.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3328 on: July 29, 2016, 06:55:36 PM »
I understand. My point remains for example if you have two globally recognised companies with one looking to buy the other you dont hear the selling company coming out and confirming/denying whats going on or letting a large number of people know simply because a few people are demanding answers do you? Theres a reason the buying party remain a secret its because things are being done proffesionally and in the right way. I personally think the club are spot on not to address the media or the fans on this subject. JP is the major shareholder they are his shares and he deserves a right of privacy and protection when it comes to this because as much as we all love the club its a business at the end of the day and its his business first and foremost. I dont know would fans rather he came out like last year and discussed it in public Only for it to fall at the last hurdle? No i bet not because if that did happen (and before anyone begins to worry and write me private messages that hasnt happened and i doubt it will like ive said as far as im told its done) you would be annoyed and feel stitched up. Folks need to just be patient because its out of our hands just enjoy the ride remember good things come to those who wait.
I honestly couldn't care less if it falls through, don't see what the problem is in the club saying what's happening, I wouldn't feel annoyed at all if it doesn't happen these things happen.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3329 on: July 29, 2016, 06:59:08 PM »
I honestly couldn't care less if it falls through, don't see what the problem is in the club saying what's happening, I wouldn't feel annoyed at all if it doesn't happen these things happen.

I'm interested in what salary you earn and how much property you have?

Are you going to share it with me just because I'm interested and a fan of yours?

Thought not, so why should Peace share with you his private dealings
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:16:59 PM by halifax_baggie »

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3330 on: July 29, 2016, 07:12:38 PM »
I'm interested in what salary you earn and how much proprty you have?

Are you going to share it with me just because I'm interested and a fan of yours?

Thought not, so why should Peace share with you his private dealing

Spot on pretty much what I'm getting at in a lot less words  :P

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3331 on: July 29, 2016, 08:02:13 PM »
Seriously, stay on topic and don't go sharing personal details on a public forum
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3332 on: July 29, 2016, 08:40:21 PM »
Seriously, stay on topic and don't go sharing personal details on a public forum

I was trying to turn it into a spoof as i was about to show the response was clearly untrue and therefore his arguement was invalid ;D

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3333 on: July 29, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »
I was trying to turn it into a spoof as i was about to show the response was clearly untrue and therefore his arguement was invalid ;D
try harder

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3334 on: July 29, 2016, 08:55:59 PM »
The mods won't let me as it was obvious you were being obtuse 8)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3335 on: July 29, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
The mods won't let me as it was obvious you were being obtuse 8)
of course I was :o

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3336 on: July 29, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »
Enjoyed your sense of humour, on a more serious note, I hope we get good news in the next few weeks so we can have a better and more enjoyable season ;)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3337 on: July 29, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »
Enjoyed your sense of humour, on a more serious note, I hope we get good news in the next few weeks so we can have a better and more enjoyable season ;)
likewise, lets hope its good news in days not weeks. have relented from pressure from wife and son to buy 3 season tickets after missing for 12 months. it better be enjoyable cannot stomach a 220 mile round trip and not enjoying the match. :'(

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3338 on: July 30, 2016, 09:46:40 AM »
Ey up lads any news?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3339 on: July 30, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »
Breaking news Wanda purchased a new business and it's not the Albion

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3340 on: July 30, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »
A question for the financiers on here:

Could WBAFC receive an injection of cash from a third party via a new share issue, without impacting on JP's shares? For example could a third party inject £100 million into the company, making the company then worth £300 million, with the third party owning £100 million & JP owning £200 million?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3341 on: July 30, 2016, 10:30:01 AM »
A question for the financiers on here:

Could WBAFC receive an injection of cash from a third party via a new share issue, without impacting on JP's shares? For example could a third party inject £100 million into the company, making the company then worth £300 million, with the third party owning £100 million & JP owning £200 million?

No I'm pretty sure that breaks Anti-Trust Law, although I stand to be corrected

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3342 on: July 30, 2016, 10:38:55 AM »
The perfect scenario for me would be I believe what's happened at Everton. Peace sells a large proportion of shares and brings in an investor. I stand to be corrected with Everton but I believe kenright had sold shares but maintained a large stake. Could it be something similar here and peace will still be involved with another person or group? Could that be why it's taking a little longer

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3343 on: July 30, 2016, 11:36:46 AM »
The perfect scenario for me would be I believe what's happened at Everton. Peace sells a large proportion of shares and brings in an investor. I stand to be corrected with Everton but I believe kenright had sold shares but maintained a large stake. Could it be something similar here and peace will still be involved with another person or group? Could that be why it's taking a little longer

Hasn't Kenwright got at least 51%? Those types of deal are notoriously Hard to pull off, because, What are they buying? just a dividend in future profits. if we are sold It needs to be 100% of JP's stake. I a fan of his I don't own shares. But, having him involved after the handover defeats the reason for the sale. In that he's taken us as far as he can go. I trust him to sell to the best option for the club. But new owners need a fresh start

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3344 on: July 30, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »
Any of the pro sale members on here having second thoughts after whats going on at Wolves? I'm still going with better the devil you know but I understand JP has had enough.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3345 on: July 30, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Any of the pro sale members on here having second thoughts after whats going on at Wolves? I'm still going with better the devil you know but I understand JP has had enough.

They've just got rid of the manager so it does make me wonder what the potential buyer of our club will be thinking about Pulis and if he should be retained.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3346 on: July 30, 2016, 12:52:17 PM »
clubs are indifferent situations. Jp has had enough i can live with that but if we want anything different we need investment beyond the level he is prepared or able to put in. i also cant help the feeling that the last few years have in JP`s eyes been purely about safeguarding the clubs status purely for his own personal gain. in fairness his football related decisions have in the main since Hodgson left taking Ashworth with him been poor at best and those of a disinterested man at worst imo
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3347 on: July 30, 2016, 01:39:55 PM »

Nope, no second thoughts at all but can understand why people would have.
For me, regardless of who's in charge, who's playing for us and who the manager is I'm still going to be going every game and to pay so much over the last 2 seasons to watch poor football for the majority of it.... I'm happy to see it change hands, worst that can happen from a fans point of view is we get relegated... I really hope we don't but as long as I'm seeing a team and manager having a go at trying to win every game I'm happy with whatever league we are in. Got to the point towards the end of last season I was going up the hawthorns and didn't pay no attention at all because how poor some of the football was.

Peace is scared to put his hand in his pocket and pulis is only interested in 'staying up' we need abit more ambition it's getting very flat and boring atm

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3348 on: July 30, 2016, 03:14:57 PM »
I would welcome an injection of cash from the right investor.I still have this feeling its not on and I cannot get in touch with the bloke who told me about it being in the papers.I think hes gone downh a rabbit hole.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3349 on: July 30, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
If we are taken over then we need a clean break, we need someone to push the club forward. We don't need Peace still here keeping the brakes on and haggling over every transfer we try and pull off.
Peace hasn't been interested in us for a few years, by his own admission, he is only interested in profit and how much he can get for us.
The only reason we didn't go last year because they couldn't pay him all the money in one go.

Anyone who thinks he has the club at heart are kidding themselves. He has no interaction with the fans at all.
A cold hearted money grabbing capitalist.