Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369810 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1925 on: February 26, 2016, 10:52:21 PM »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1926 on: February 27, 2016, 09:24:54 AM »
I am really not sure that the club will be sold in the near future unless Peace dramatically lowers his asking price. There simply isn't the interest that there was 12 months ago and what interest there is in buying into Premier League Clubs (Palace and Everton) is coming from US based sports investors. They are hard nosed business men and they are not going to buy a club and throw lots of money at it without any real prospect of a return.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1927 on: February 27, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »
I am really not sure that the club will be sold in the near future unless Peace dramatically lowers his asking price. There simply isn't the interest that there was 12 months ago and what interest there is in buying into Premier League Clubs (Palace and Everton) is coming from US based sports investors. They are hard nosed business men and they are not going to buy a club and throw lots of money at it without any real prospect of a return.

JP is moving to Jersey as a tax exile and his wealth is all tied up in the club.  He has nowhere near enough wealth to qualify to live in Jersey unless he is realising a gain by selling his shares.  The timing of his move to become resident in Jersey prior to 5 April is a very clear indicator that a deal has been struck and that a sale will be completed in the next tax year.

I have no idea who the buyer might be, but I'm certain there must be one, probably one of the other interested parties from last summer.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1928 on: February 27, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
According to the press, TP has confirmed the proposed re-structure in recruitment. Doesn't that suggest that a sale is not close?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #1929 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:37 AM »
I suppose if he had agreed to sell he may well be putting in structures that the new owners want.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1930 on: February 27, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »
Everton have just sold a 49.9% stake for £200m to an Iranian/British investor who has just sold his stake in Arsenal, apparently pipping a U.S. consortium.

I wonder if the US consortium might be who Peace has lined up a deal with....

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1931 on: February 27, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »
Everton have just sold a 49.9% stake for £200m to an Iranian/British investor who has just sold his stake in Arsenal, apparently pipping a U.S. consortium.

I wonder if the US consortium might be who Peace has lined up a deal with....

Would love a U.S. takeover rather than a MiddleEast based one.

Get some cheerleaders down the baggies.

pauly414

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1932 on: February 27, 2016, 09:02:34 PM »
Would love a U.S. takeover rather than a MiddleEast based one.

Get some cheerleaders down the baggies.

One like the Vile had?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1933 on: February 27, 2016, 09:03:50 PM »
One like the Vile had?
Or United, who've been trying to get them out for years?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1934 on: February 27, 2016, 10:18:59 PM »
The sale of Everton has put the the face value of Premier League clubs through the roof. The deal values Everton at £400m and Arsenal at £1.2 billion (Moshiri sold his 16% stake in Arsenal to fund the purchase). In that context Peace's reported asking price of £150m is almost bargain bucket pricing.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1935 on: February 27, 2016, 10:28:01 PM »
The sale of Everton has put the the face value of Premier League clubs through the roof. The deal values Everton at £400m and Arsenal at £1.2 billion (Moshiri sold his 16% stake in Arsenal to fund the purchase). In that context Peace's reported asking price of £150m is almost bargain bucket pricing.

Correct.  Peace may be very relieved that the deal fell through last summer.  Might have cost him an extra £50m

enzo maresca

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1936 on: March 29, 2016, 07:36:47 PM »
Anyone heard anything, rumours on other sites we were sold 2 weeks ago?
Zigga Zagga

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1937 on: March 29, 2016, 07:39:28 PM »
Anyone heard anything, rumours on other sites we were sold 2 weeks ago?

where did that nugget come from?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1938 on: March 29, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »

Brighton & Hove ????????
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1939 on: March 29, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »
not sure if we're allowed to link to another forum but i can vouch it HAS been mentioned on another WBA forum.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1940 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »
I've heard a Hong Kong trillionnaire. Not sure as to the validity of the claim.  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1941 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »

No way will be sold until after 5 April, otherwise JP would have to pay CGT on it.  His move to Jersey only makes sense if the sale takes place in the next tax year after he ceased to be resident in the UK.

It's possible of course that a deal has been struck to sell at the end of the season. Now that would make far more sense.  I also don't think that JP would have moved to Jersey unless a deal was close to 100% sealed.

Very likely to be one of the interested parties from last summer who did their major due diligence at that stage, so that only the audited figures since then are relevant.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1942 on: March 30, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »
Really? A random poster on a forum has scooped every sports and business journalist on the planet, no rumours,no hint, nothing. I would be surprised if it turns out to be case however given that the report and accounts are due out shortly the club might say something about the prospects for a sale.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1943 on: March 30, 2016, 10:11:13 AM »
Would make a lot of sense for us to be sold imminently/ summer latest - football, business-wise and for Peace personally, hence I can really see it.

Fresh blood, ideas, money in the summer would be perfect timing for us to push on as a club.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1944 on: March 30, 2016, 10:18:37 AM »
Would make a lot of sense for us to be sold imminently/ summer latest - football, business-wise and for Peace personally, hence I can really see it.

Fresh blood, ideas, money in the summer would be perfect timing for us to push on as a club.

Or go backwards like so many other failed takeover clubs.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1945 on: March 30, 2016, 10:51:31 AM »
That's always the risk but if you don't try , you'll never know. I think Peace has taken us as far as he can so for me it's a risk worth taking...............

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1946 on: March 30, 2016, 10:54:05 AM »
Better the devil you know for me.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1947 on: March 30, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »
The dynamics are always the same with this. Peace will not go on forever and at some point will sell up. The new owners will certainly bring a fresh perspective to the club and new ideas. What that means exactly is anybodies guess. Personally I don't see any new owner going on an Mansour style spending spree even on a more modest scale, they might make investments in the club's infrastructure etc.. but not beyond what is likely to generate a return.

Any optimism surrounds the prospect of a new owner must be tempered by the near certain knowledge that whoever it is almost certainly will not be spending £100m plus on the club out of the kindness of their heart. Personally  I would prefer a hard nosed businessman trying to protect and grow an investment rather than some tycoon billionaire on an ego trip whose interest in and support for the vanity project would quickly fade unless we delivered rapid and unrealistic results.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1948 on: March 30, 2016, 11:49:23 AM »
The dynamics are always the same with this. Peace will not go on forever and at some point will sell up. The new owners will certainly bring a fresh perspective to the club and new ideas. What that means exactly is anybodies guess. Personally I don't see any new owner going on an Mansour style spending spree even on a more modest scale, they might make investments in the club's infrastructure etc.. but not beyond what is likely to generate a return.

Any optimism surrounds the prospect of a new owner must be tempered by the near certain knowledge that whoever it is almost certainly will not be spending £100m plus on the club out of the kindness of their heart. Personally  I would prefer a hard nosed businessman trying to protect and grow an investment rather than some tycoon billionaire on an ego trip whose interest in and support for the vanity project would quickly fade unless we delivered rapid and unrealistic results.

I share your view, that new ownership by a business man would be my preferred option, & if, as looks likely at the moment, WBA are to be the only West Midlands club in the BPL, we would appear to be an attractive proposition.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1949 on: March 30, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »
I share your view, that new ownership by a business man would be my preferred option, & if, as looks likely at the moment, WBA are to be the only West Midlands club in the BPL, we would appear to be an attractive proposition.

A hard nosed businessman like say Randy Lerner........?! I do agree you need someone who sees Albion as an investment so that they're also in it to win it (stay in prem and push on). I'd add, they'd also need to understand and arguably love football such as the West Ham owners for example because the unique business character and decision making of football has caught many an astute businessman out!! This is arguably Peace's greatest value to us. He not only understands and (seems to) love or at least enjoy football. Therefore, our shopping list for a new owner is:
  • Loves football
    Understands and respects Albion's heritage/ history/ importance to local area
    Good businessman with enough money to 'invest' when needed
    Has a team around him/ her who are experienced in football (unlike Lerner's team over the years hence the sh!te decisions they made consistently)

I'd say Peace has all of the above except money to invest...............