Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369756 times)

Ukar1

• Baby Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1475 on: July 12, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »
No its not.. Still there 30 secs ago !

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1476 on: July 12, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
As I said earlier I've been told by decent source it's not jianlin

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1477 on: July 12, 2015, 12:04:23 PM »
As I said earlier I've been told by decent source it's not jianlin

Que Sera Sera  :-\

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1478 on: July 12, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
I heard from a very reliable itk that Doug Ellis is in the frame!

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1479 on: July 12, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »
I heard from a very reliable itk that Doug Ellis is in the frame!
I heard the same

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1480 on: July 12, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »
I doubt 91 year old Doug Ellis is thinking of getting involved in a football club again, he maybe advising someone (possibly Peace) but anymore than that i'd say very unlikely
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1481 on: July 12, 2015, 02:33:49 PM »
I've just seen deadly Doug in the vine having tikka and Bathams. I asked him personally and he said it was 'wide of the mark'  ;)

He offered £165 million but apparently Peace only wants £150 million so they were 'unable to find common ground'.

100% ITK  ;)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1482 on: July 12, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »
If it isn't Wang Jianlin, I think it will show that journalists genuinely do just make things up.

I remember Chris Lepkowski getting very angry whenever somebody made that claim, yet how else would you explain it? The journalist may well have seen a twitter rumour and ran with it, claiming that he knew more.
Boing Boing

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1483 on: July 12, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »
I've just seen deadly Doug in the vine having tikka and Bathams. I asked him personally and he said it was 'wide of the mark'  ;)

He offered £165 million but apparently Peace only wants £150 million so they were 'unable to find common ground'.

100% ITK  ;)
love it lol :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:46:55 PM by OldburyWBA »

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1484 on: July 13, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »
Seen this link elsewhere.

NEW OWNER OF WEST BROM REVEALED

http://thebaggiesway.com/2015/07/05/new-owner-of-west-brom-revealed/

Having read this now it looks like another dose of the same cr-p papers have been feeding us for weeks sorry i got carried away when i saw the head lines. :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:32:59 AM by geoff »

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1485 on: July 13, 2015, 09:43:29 AM »
Seen this link elsewhere.

NEW OWNER OF WEST BROM REVEALED

http://thebaggiesway.com/2015/07/05/new-owner-of-west-brom-revealed/

Having read this now it looks like another dose of the same cr-p papers have been feeding us for weeks sorry i got carried away when i saw the head lines. :'(

That's an old article from over a week ago

BaggieBrainy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1486 on: July 13, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »
Its all abit worrying for me.

No solid news on any transfers.
No solid news on the new ownership.
And yet JP is preaching that it wont effect our transfer window?
It has already effected our transfer window ....
We are 19/20 in the spenders list and norwich are only below us because they signed dorrans in the winter window and mulumbu on a free ( good business for then )

We are going to be in the same position this season unless the club starts taking this division seriously.

We really need to start landing some of our targets and getting them a good pre-season with there new squad otherwise im afraid to say, I dont believe we will even be hitting 13th next season.

My bet is that Pulis will walk if something isnt sorted sooner rather than later.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1487 on: July 13, 2015, 08:06:05 PM »
13th wouldn't be successful for you ? Someone's going to be disappointed I think.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1488 on: July 13, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »
Is that the height of our ambition? Finishing below halfway?

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1489 on: July 13, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »
Unless this takeover brings changes then yes it is realistic, we aren't a mid table team at the moment unless we sign a couple of class players.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1490 on: July 13, 2015, 08:36:08 PM »
Fair point, but you are saying that if we don't get a takeover then Peace won't spend to make us aim a bit higher, and yet everyone on here say's what a great bloke Peace is?

The main reason we are seen as little West Brom, the chairman and some fan's have such low expectations.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1491 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »
Fair point, but you are saying that if we don't get a takeover then Peace won't spend to make us aim a bit higher, and yet everyone on here say's what a great bloke Peace is?

The main reason we are seen as little West Brom, the chairman and some fan's have such low expectations.

Agreed, we know our place etc, we have to wait to do our business blah blah .

I'm bored of it all now , different year , same rubbish.Wake me up when your good and ready jezza .

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1492 on: July 13, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »

He's not rich enough to take us higher than he already has (8th,11th,10th).  He'll continue to spend what we earn which isn't enough to take us higher.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1493 on: July 13, 2015, 09:27:12 PM »

8th. That is realistically as high as we can ever hope to finish thanks to the big boys shutting up shop at the top.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1494 on: July 13, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »

I've only heard us ever called little West Brom by our own fans... There maybe others but I bet they think every team is little other than their own and the top 7.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1495 on: July 13, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »
This is the great myth there is no vault of unspent cash buried deep beneath the East Stand. In short the club spends pretty much every penny that comes in and most of it is spent on the playing staff. The club squeezes something like the 12th or 13th largest payroll out the 15th or 16th biggest turnover in the Premier League.

For the new owners to make any difference they will have to pump in about £30m a year to bring us level with West Ham and Villa. In year one we could probably achieve that by moving to deficit financing i.e spend next year's Premier League income now on the basis that of course spending a lot more money on the likes of Phillips will obviously insulate us against relegation (in your dreams).

If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated a bloody great chasm opens up in the accounts at that point one of three things happens

1. The owners stump up cash to balance the books and rebuild
2. They prop up the whole thing with debt which is sustainable for a while but has nasty habit of catching up with you latter
3. They sell everything that isn't nailed down in an attempt to balance the books

Now given I don't know who the owners are how deep their pockets are or their commitment to the club particularly one that is not basking in the limelight of the Premier League I might not be absolutely thrilled at the prospect of a post Peace world, where we just throw money at footballers in a vain glorious bid to acheive maybe 8th or 7th in the Premier League.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:16:12 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1496 on: July 13, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
I've only heard us ever called little West Brom by our own fans... There maybe others but I bet they think every team is little other than their own and the top 7.

1. I have heard Viler's referring to us 'little old Olbyun' quite a few times.

2. So yes in that sense you must indeed be correct because as everybody knows, the Vile are truly MASSIVE.
 ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1497 on: July 13, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »

Long may we be seen as 'little West Brom' when we are spanking Chelsea and winning at Old Trafford.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1498 on: July 13, 2015, 10:18:05 PM »
I imagine any new owners would want acquisitions kept under wraps until they take the reins, Hopefully we will get a positive ownership statement followed up with a statement of intent on the signings front.

glass is half full tonight
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albion Estate Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1499 on: July 13, 2015, 10:26:12 PM »
This is the great myth there is no vault of unspent cash buried deep beneath the East Stand. In short the club spends pretty much every penny that comes in..

That's not really 100% true though is it.

For the two seasons leading up to last summer our accounts showed a combined profit of almost £20M, and that's without any profit last season would surely have added to it.

I'm not going to knock Peace for the sake of it, the bottom line is that his job is to keep us in the premier league and he has done that for a few years now, for that he deserves credit but let's not pretend we have spent everything that has come in, we haven't.
The extra money that could and should have been put into the team might have meant the difference between having Anichebe or Bony, the difference between Davidson and Cresswell.
Overall Peace has done a good job, just imagine how much better it might have been had his priorities been a little more towards progress and a little less aimed at profits.

He's a businessman that has made a fortune out of the club already and his final, massive, pay off now appears to be only days away, let's not pretend he's some kind of cross between our fairy godmother and the tooth fairy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:30:30 PM by Albion Estate Baggie »