Author Topic: Anything Birmingham City  (Read 225588 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Anything Birmingham City
« Reply #450 on: May 19, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
BIRMINGAM CITY HONOURS:

Second Division / Division One / The Championship (level 2)
    Champions: 1892–93, 1920–21, 1947–48, 1954–55
    Runners-up: 1893–94, 1900–01, 1902–03, 1971–72, 1984–85, 2006–07, 2008–09
    Play-off winners: 2001–02

Third Division / Division Two (level 3)
    Champions: 1994–95
    Runners-up: 1991–92

FA Cup
    Runners-up: 1931, 1956

League Cup
    Winners: 1963, 2011
    Runners-up: 2001

Inter-Cities Fairs Cup
    Runners-up: 1960, 1961

Associate Members Cup / Football League Trophy
    Winners: 1991, 1995

Birmingham Senior Cup
    Winners: 1905

Football League South (wartime)
    Champions: 1945–46

WEST BROMWICH ALBION:

Football League First Division (old),[F] Premier League (modern)
        Champions: 1919–1920
        Runners up: 1924–1925, 1953–1954

Football League Second Division (old), Division One, Football League Championship (modern)
        Champions: 1901–1902, 1910–1911, 2007–2008
        Runners up: 1930–1931, 1948–1949, 2001–2002, 2003–2004, 2009–2010

Football League Third Division (old), Division Two, Football League One (modern)
        Play-off Winners: 1992–1993

FA Cup
        Winners: 1888, 1892, 1931, 1954, 1968
        Runners up: 1886, 1887, 1895, 1912, 1935

League Cup
        Winners: 1966
        Runners up: 1967, 1970

FA Charity Shield
        Winners: 1920, 1954 (shared with Wolves)
        Runners up: 1931, 1968

Victories in minor cup competitions
        Bass Charity Vase:
            Winners 1999, 2000, 2003
        FA Youth Cup
            Winners: 1976
            Runners up: 1955, 1960
        Tennent Caledonian Cup:
            Winners 1977
        Birmingham Senior Cup
            Winners: 1886, 1895, 1988, 1990, 1991, 2012
            Runners up: 1887, 1888, 1890, 1892, 1894, 1903, 1905, 2002
        Staffordshire Senior Cup:
            Winners 1883, 1886, 1887, 1889, 1900, 1902, 1903, 1924, 1926, 1932, 1933, 1951, 1969 (shared with Stoke City)
        Watney Cup
            Runners up: 1971

seasons in top flight football - Blues 67 ; West Bromwich Albion 84

I rest my case m'lord

Are you reading Sir Tait, Change of heart now? :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

87Baggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #451 on: May 20, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »
They're the red headed stepchild of West Midlands football anyway (excluding Walsall)

The only thing they excel at is having a notoriously scummy fanbase.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #452 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
More delusional supporters than the Dingles, at least the dings recognize our tradition and history.
This lot seem to think we have never won anything and question why their manager would want to come to a club always in a relegation battle, err i seem to recall the last 2 campaigns we finished quite handsomely 
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #453 on: May 22, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
I've had to deal with this kind of delusion off my Small Heath mates for the last decade.

Us, Wolves and Villa are much bigger clubs than Small Heath and they are a tad envious. 
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
I've had to deal with this kind of delusion off my Small Heath mates for the last decade.

Us, Wolves and Villa are much bigger clubs than Small Heath and they are a tad envious. 

In terms of history the three are a much bigger club but in terms of size wolves, albion and blues are similar. We all draw similar crowds, all have a similar size fan base and all seem to spend season's between the premier league and championship. There's only one club who are much bigger and that the vile.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #455 on: May 22, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »
In terms of history the three are a much bigger club but in terms of size wolves, albion and blues are similar. We all draw similar crowds, all have a similar size fan base and all seem to spend season's between the premier league and championship. There's only one club who are much bigger and that the vile.

As much as Small Heath like to deny it, history is a factor in how big a club are. Hence why I'd argue us and wolves are bigger clubs than blues.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »
As much as Small Heath like to deny it, history is a factor in how big a club are. Hence why I'd argue us and wolves are bigger clubs than blues.

While im extremely proud of the albions history in my view history doesnt change to much of the size of a club today.  For instance Forest have won more champions league's than Chelsea have, however in today's climate I know which club is bigger and which club i'd prefer the albion to be rivaling.

Any blue nose who say's were small time comes across as ignorant as we have a much bigger history and are a similar size club but for me History doesn't play a major part in how big a club is in today's climate. Something to be proud of yes but i'd rather this albion team make their own history.

Then again I think it comes down to age im 22 so this is the Best I have ever seen the albion success wise. However my dad and uncle talk about the 70's team's and when we used to be the big boys. I think it depends on which generation you come from. Ever since iv supported us albion have always been a similar if not sometimes smaller club than wolves and blues. It changes season by season.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:49:26 PM by 29albion »

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #457 on: May 22, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »
They are saying Mad Mick will be our next manager now! :o :'(
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #458 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:32 AM »
They are saying Mad Mick will be our next manager now! :o :'(

you can't educate pork!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
They`ve won the womens fa cup..... will have to double the size of their trophy cabinet

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2012/05/28/birmingham-city-owner-carson-yeung-loses-appeal-over-freezing-of-business-assets-97319-31060753/#ixzz1wATk28Uf

Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung has lost an appeal in Hong Kong against the freezing of his business assets in a dispute with a bank.

The former colony’s appeal court dismissed the plea on Monday as Yeung attempted to lift the block on his finances imposed earlier this year in a dispute between Yeung and the Wing Hang bank on charges placed his property in an exclusive residential area of Hong Kong.

Businessman Yeung had appealed against the freezing of HK$721million (about £59.1million) of his assets, stating that the judiciary had counted funds twice when it was been moved between accounts.

Yeung also claimed that the bank and court had not taken full account of any potential increase in value of the luxury property in Barker Road.

However the appeal has now been dismissed and the disgraced tycoon is due back in court next week to fight a repossession order on the same property.

wilma_carstart

« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2012, 06:40:34 AM »
Rumours are growing that the club could be sold within the next month.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2012, 08:26:59 AM »

I'll check my pockets for loose change

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »

I can't see how they would be an attractive proposition with all the debts and poor playing stock ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
I can't see how they would be an attractive proposition with all the debts and poor playing stock ?

That's the time to buy, when the product hits rock bottom.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

How many times have Portsmouth been sold though ? all at rock bottom prices and not much investment to follow and they've ended up in just as much mess as before. I know the problems at Blues are not that deep but just shows new owners are not always what you expect. I hope the new owners work out for you as I hate to see clubs go to the wall but I think you should still be expecting  a few players sales regardless.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
That's the time to buy, when the product hits rock bottom.

That's if they had much else going for them which they haven't !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
To be fair they have some very good assets, Foster, Redmond, Burke, Murphy, Davis, King, Pablo, Fahey & even Zigic.......

A fire sale would'nt be good for the fans but there's lot of money there so I hardly think they're rock bottom.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

wilma_carstart

« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »
How many times have Portsmouth been sold though ? all at rock bottom prices and not much investment to follow and they've ended up in just as much mess as before. I know the problems at Blues are not that deep but just shows new owners are not always what you expect. I hope the new owners work out for you as I hate to see clubs go to the wall but I think you should still be expecting  a few players sales regardless.

As i said its a rumour. it also depends who the potential new owners are.

the chances of blues going to the "wall" as you call it are (nil) Blues entered into a debenture agreement with HSBC
last October which ensures all monies earned by the club stay in the club.
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2012/03/09/birmingham-city-sign-secret-deal-with-hsbc-97319-30493137/

The mistake a lot of people make is assuming that its Blues that are in massive debt, in fact its BIHL who have all the problems.

The only player i can see being sold is Foster and with all due respect i doubt very much Albion will pay the fee to get him that's if your new manager wants him that is, Hughton has already said that Butland could be No1 next season.  If i were Hughton i would take up the 2 year option on Fosters contract and play him next season. if not sell him to the highest bidder.   

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »

the chances of blues going to the "wall" as you call it are (nil) Blues entered into a debenture agreement with HSBC
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2012/03/09/birmingham-city-sign-secret-deal-with-hsbc-97319-30493137/

The mistake a lot of people make is assuming that its Blues that are in massive debt, in fact its BIHL who have all the problems.

The only player i can see being sold is Foster and with all due respect i doubt very much Albion will pay the fee to get him that's if your new manager wants him that is, Hughton has already said that Butland could be No1 next season.  If i were Hughton i would take up the 2 year option on Fosters contract and play him next season. if not sell him to the highest bidder.

I've not said anything about blues going to the wall.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »

Two things! firstly, Hughton will most likely not be at Birmingham next season & secondly, do you really think Ben Foster will drop down to the Championship after the season he's just had? come on Wilma get real
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

wilma_carstart

« Reply #471 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
I've not said anything about blues going to the wall.

I hope the new owners work out for you as I hate to see clubs go to the wall

your quote suggests differently.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #472 on: June 03, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
your quote suggests differently.

Big difference between the two comments.

Yes I do hope the new owners work out as I hate to see clubs go to the wall, never said anywhere you would did I ? but you twist it how you like mate. Reads differently if you actually read the whole sentence in context:

As in new owners guarantee nothing and if sold to the wrong people small problems become massive problems !!!!!!

wilma_carstart

« Reply #473 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
Two things! firstly, Hughton will most likely not be at Birmingham next season & secondly, do you really think Ben Foster will drop down to the Championship after the season he's just had? come on Wilma get real

Where is he going to go ? Albion do not thinks so he has said no / been overlooked before by the club. he like everyone else has read about Raneiri, wilkins the german chap etc all being interviewed for the job. now taking that into account what makes you think he would consider any approach for him. even if which i doubt BCFC gave albion permission.

Norwich Swansea he would be on a hiding to nothing with either one of those clubs.

What you have to take into account is Hughton knows what is happening at Blues,

he knows if the potential new owners rumours are true.

He knows the financial state of the club and how the embargo will affect his squad next season

He knows if any players will be sold.

He knows the potential of the club

Now if he was not 100% happy with any of the above he has had ample opportunity to resign. and apply for the albion job.

Foster is under contract at BCFC and if you read the reports he never wanted to go to albion and if i remember correctly he told Colin Tattum that he would play in the championship, but Blues wanted him to go on loan to preserve his value. and save his wages. 

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #474 on: June 03, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
^
Birmingham wouldn't be able to afford Fosters wages and they're in desperate need of the money that selling Foster would provide - that's why he won't be at Blues next season.