Author Topic: Kyle Edwards  (Read 44469 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Kyle Edwards
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2020, 11:14:06 PM »
Hasnt resigned but we have a year option which I imagine we will take. He was arguably man of the match tonight with exception of krovonovic.

He needs another full year in the championship with somebody next year but nothing to say he wont come good. He is a late developer it seems
He is already a pretty useful winger ...he doesn’t need to go on loan IMO , he just needs to play with players , look how impactful he was once Krov came on .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2020, 12:00:09 AM »
He is already a pretty useful winger ...he doesn’t need to go on loan IMO , he just needs to play with players , look how impactful he was once Krov came on .

He needs games... if he isn't going to play week in week out next season with us loan to championship is beneficial for us and him
O Albion we love you

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2020, 07:21:47 AM »
Hasnt resigned but we have a year option which I imagine we will take. He was arguably man of the match tonight with exception of krovonovic.

He needs another full year in the championship with somebody next year but nothing to say he wont come good. He is a late developer it seems
Agree with the above , lets not forget he lost a year out injured and he's been converted into a winger .
He played a lot of youth football as a forward or just off the foward , reminds me of Jason Puncheon at times.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2020, 08:05:24 AM »
One for the near future thats for sure, a loan spell would do him the world of good & help him progress.
He just needs to use his body position more when trying to regane the ball.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2020, 08:53:45 AM »
I didn't think he was very good last night. Nobody really was, but he lost the ball far too easily, and showed his shortcomings.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2020, 08:58:14 AM »
I thoight he was excellent last night personally. Whenever he got the ball he attacked his full back. He created some chances and had their full back on toast a few times.

Really struggling to see how anyone could see any different to be honest. One of the better players on the pitch

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2020, 09:21:22 AM »
He is obviously talented and is getting better but as others have pointed out, can be loose in possession and isn't always switched on when pressing the ball, he gets back into position but doesn't pick up on a misplaced pass as an opportunity to press.

If we don't go up, he stays as he can definitely contribute and costs will need to be cut so he is of more value. If we do go up, he would be able to contribute but in my eyes he absolutely must go on loan to the Championship and play regularly. We have Grosicki, Phillips and Pereira (soon) committed as wingers for next season. We would need another starter and then get Edwards out on loan to be ready to be a main contributor the season after. It would mean a Leko, another youth player or even a loan being fifth choice, when back from injury but necessary as short-term pain would be long term gain as Edwards would hopefully return ready to be a regular starter in the Prem.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »
I didn't think he was very good last night. Nobody really was, but he lost the ball far too easily, and showed his shortcomings.
Very harsh, he had a very big part in both goals (the second one, nothing was on when he got the ball) as well as a couple of threatening shots and other decent involvement. Not quite sure what you saw or what you expect from a young winger.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2020, 09:25:08 AM »
A decent player but don't think he'd ever make the step up, will forge a good career in the championship
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2020, 09:37:59 AM »
A decent player but don't think he'd ever make the step up, will forge a good career in the championship
Agree, think his best chance would be to take the Sawyers route, drop down and learn his trade properly, then work his way back up. Same goes for Harper.
Trouble is both probably have a lifestyle now which prevents them from seeing this as an option.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2020, 09:53:54 AM »
I think he's just a bit inconsistent and loses concentation too easily.  Something that he can sort as he gets older.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2020, 10:15:27 AM »
I think he's just a bit inconsistent and loses concentation too easily.  Something that he can sort as he gets older.
He was good last night but I agree to an extent.
I'm not saying he's as good as Harvey Barnes but he could do with taking a leaf out of Harvey's book in that Barnes is always 'at it' looking to take people on, making runs and has very, very few games where he looks like he wants an easy ride. (even Barnes was accused of being inconsistent by some on here though).
Edwards this year has had good games where he's at it and others where he looks less at it. I think Slaven knows this and is getting through to him. If a winger can make 4 or 5 telling contributions in a game and work hard around that then that's a good return and that's what Edwards did last night. There will always be some things that don't work (as there were and still are for Harvey).

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2020, 10:21:20 AM »
He was good last night but I agree to an extent.
I'm not saying he's as good as Harvey Barnes but he could do with taking a leaf out of Harvey's book in that Barnes is always 'at it' looking to take people on, making runs and has very, very few games where he looks like he wants an easy ride. (even Barnes was accused of being inconsistent by some on here though).
Edwards this year has had good games where he's at it and others where he looks less at it. I think Slaven knows this and is getting through to him. If a winger can make 4 or 5 telling contributions in a game and work hard around that then that's a good return and that's what Edwards did last night. There will always be some things that don't work (as there were and still are for Harvey).

Yeah, I just think he's inconsistent in a single game.  One minute gets the ball and really run with it, next minute will ball watch and drift right out of the game.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »
Thought he had a good game last night (well second half).  Put two or three lovely crosses into the box, was willing to take responsibility on the ball and showed some great skill to set up our second.   
"This crack is really moreish."

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2020, 01:26:47 PM »
Anonymous first half but certainly livened up second half when Krovinovic came on, not sure he will ever be a regular starter for us but will and should always be around the squad

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2020, 11:39:33 PM »
 ;D
Anonymous first half but certainly livened up second half when Krovinovic came on, not sure he will ever be a regular starter for us but will and should always be around the squad
;D Totally agree with this . I think the lad has enormous potential. He will improve over time and I think he will be a good Prem player in the next year or 2.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
signed  1 year deal

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2020, 12:13:32 PM »
Took up the option on his 1 year deal so not really a new deal as such but sensible.

In other good news Robinson and Diangana have been allowed to stay on loan till season completed.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
Took up the option on his 1 year deal so not really a new deal as such but sensible.

In other good news Robinson and Diangana have been allowed to stay on loan till season completed.

That is indeed all good news....

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2020, 12:45:34 PM »
Yep and as long as Periera plays one more game before June 30th he becomes locked in on a permanent as well although i expect usd to sign him regardless.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2020, 01:15:55 AM »

Well we don't know what kind of situation we could be in with contracts come july so wasn't worth the risk...
O Albion we love you

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
Check out this bit of fun by the very talented beyond footie Mr Edwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFo9vJWRBdA&feature=youtu.be
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »
Fair play to him  ;D

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
Lovely cameo from Leko there too

He/him

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
I mean, it's awful. But I'm knocking on the door of 40 and it's not meant for me.  ;D

What I do like is seeing a local homegrown lad having fun and enjoying life at the club. I know he has his doubters but I think we should keep him at ours for the season, give him minutes in the cup games and off the bench. I hope we can develop him well.