Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718281 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1075 on: April 06, 2019, 04:55:06 PM »
It's a very weird situation
I would have taken Moore out (possibly earlier jones)
I understand that once it looked very difficult to get auto (but playoffs are safe) that putting in a "proper manager" could almost only have a negative effect
Shan said he was "happy to help etc"

But then
The "experienced voices" start to get too involved, Shan states he wants to step in to a mangers role ....
We end up with this mess today

I don't know the fix, but I'm sure it's not brunt / Shan

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1076 on: April 06, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »
Not sure who but he needs to be here a s a bloody p.

Going from shambles to shambles. Yes its the first defeat under Shan but performances in the 3 games have not been good, Jenkins and co get ya fingers out as you are costing us. Have no issue with the sacking of Moore but the circus that has followed is a disgrace and embarrassment.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1077 on: April 06, 2019, 04:58:52 PM »
We were lucky v Blues and Swansea really and you could argue we were at Brentford too. In-game management and starting 11 poor today.

I'd say it's time to get somebody in and get us at least playing better football going into the play offs.

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: April 06, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
It doesn’t matter who gets the job. Judging by the low spend attempt at promotion this year, whoever is in charge next year will have nothing to spend. Potential relegation battle next year awaits.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1079 on: April 06, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
It doesn’t matter who gets the job. Judging by the low spend attempt at promotion this year, whoever is in charge next year will have nothing to spend. Potential relegation battle next year awaits.

Thats why I have a feeling they are hoping for Wagner, did it all on the cheap at Huddersfield, just how we like it.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1080 on: April 06, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
Can only hope that performance jolts the powers that be into action , expect the cheap option by Wednesday lunch.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1081 on: April 06, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
Just get someone in quickly, someone who can sort these excuse for Footballer's out. Get rid of the dead wood Brunt, Morrison Livermore  and players who don't want to be here Philips Dawson Gibbs. We are an absolute joke with no idea from top to bottom.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1082 on: April 06, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
That's why you need a proper manager. When things go wrong like they did today. He just stood on the touchline clueless as to how to change things. That's how we lose the play offs right there.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1083 on: April 06, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »
If our next head coach is yet another off this dinosaur bandwagon I'm going to find another sport to follow. We need someone to come in, who doesn't look at rubbish old experienced British players in the same way Gemma Collins looks at a slice of cake.

I'm absolutely sick of these 'aard-working', 'experienced' players being signed and given preferrential treatment by spineless and clueless coaches who rely on outdated cliches to cover their ineptitude. The lack of tactical knowledge displayed by Pulis, Pardew, Moore and now Shan in depressing. We should be sat here watching a Daniel Farke, Slavisa Jokanovic or Dean Smith team blowing the opposition away, yet we've been served up 40 games of largely sh*t because we have nobody at the club who knows how modern football works.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1084 on: April 06, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
not only do we need a manager we also need football  people on the board not number crunchers .

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1085 on: April 06, 2019, 05:12:33 PM »
No kindergarten manager please . Little bounce has swiftly disappeared .

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1086 on: April 06, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
No point rushing someone in after this defeat. I’d probably commit to our youth with a midfield three of Field Harper and Edwards and ditch the older players who frankly are as much to blame for our current predicament as anyone.

We should be aiming for a manager who has invention, passion and energy.

Sadly I’m not certain anyone will want to come who is half decent due to our track record of sacking managers early.

There will be thousand's applying, we give the job to pretty much anyone these days. As long as they're cheap and obviously underqualified. I might ping off my CV tomorrow, reckon I meet more of Jenkins' requirements than Jokanovic.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1087 on: April 06, 2019, 05:18:23 PM »
Thats why I have a feeling they are hoping for Wagner, did it all on the cheap at Huddersfield, just how we like it.
I hope they go for a high energy playing style manager which I think Wagner fits into - if not Wagner then someone looking to play the high tempo style anyway. It'll take a summer of very hard pre-season fitness wise to get it started. Barry, Morrison and Brunt won't fit into it, to name just 3. I think we need to go this way with the academy players starting to work through, and if we can't spend a reasonable proportion of what we get in for the likes of Rondon and 3 or 4 others then we might as well give up.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1088 on: April 06, 2019, 05:18:58 PM »

Hard to disagree . What decent manager will work with freebies and promising academy kids. The club has no direction and that is a serious concern.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1089 on: April 06, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »
Enter Big Sam, stage left !
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1090 on: April 06, 2019, 05:27:36 PM »
i feel like we've gone from the best run club in the Midlands to one with the most uncertain future, even with Birmingham having problems they look to have a structured plan with a decent side and proper manager in place, Albion feel like a lucky bag at the moment.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1091 on: April 06, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »
not only do we need a manager we also need football  people on the board not number crunchers .

This - whoever we appoint is going to be based on money rather than on football intelligence

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1092 on: April 06, 2019, 06:17:56 PM »
I think we should be looking at gary monk to be honest.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1093 on: April 06, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
It is not ideal, but if you want to go up in the play offs and then stay up, the only proven manager out there who is available and has a record of getting an immediate bounce is fat sham.

Look at West ham and Palace, they are all consolidating in the prem after the foundations laid by him.

Imo though, I think we will go the cheap option and go for AN, whose Preston have dropped off since he has been linked with us.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1094 on: April 06, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
Feel like we shunted a bit more on the desperate scale now , to be quite honest If we can't tempt SJ I'd look at Moyes .
Don't like the merry go round but at least he's a big enough character to get a few of these doing the basics.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1095 on: April 06, 2019, 06:36:00 PM »
This thread is starting to get depressing!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: April 06, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »
Enter Big Sam, stage left !

Exit two season tickets, stage right.......
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1097 on: April 06, 2019, 06:49:06 PM »
I hope they go for a high energy playing style manager which I think Wagner fits into - if not Wagner then someone looking to play the high tempo style anyway. It'll take a summer of very hard pre-season fitness wise to get it started. Barry, Morrison and Brunt won't fit into it, to name just 3. I think we need to go this way with the academy players starting to work through, and if we can't spend a reasonable proportion of what we get in for the likes of Rondon and 3 or 4 others then we might as well give up.
Won’t be any high tempo style with this group of slow, lazy ,arrogant overrated no marks. Would rather get rid of the lot and start again.

Moore took our last scrap of integrity with him.

Shambles .

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1098 on: April 06, 2019, 06:55:31 PM »
Won’t be any high tempo style with this group of slow, lazy ,arrogant overrated no marks. Would rather get rid of the lot and start again.

Moore took our last scrap of integrity with him.

Shambles .

Bloody right.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1099 on: April 06, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »
Remi jardin
Zidane
Dario gradi
Jupp heynkes

They all went back
Wonder if Moore ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..