Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2393887 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #14025 on: March 11, 2023, 11:45:07 AM »
Bbc Radio 5 live football programming axed. Chappers, Murray and Dublin pulled out.
Boing Boing

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #14026 on: March 11, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »
I'd prefer to watch MOTD without the waste of money pundits anyway. Let's not forget that what Lineker typed in his message is where the problem lies not that he put a message out. No problem about him having an opinion but it was very ill thought out to compare the Government s latest policy on immigration to Nazi Germany.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14027 on: March 11, 2023, 11:59:17 AM »
Bbc Radio 5 live football programming axed. Chappers, Murray and Dublin pulled out.
No final score Jason Mohammed has refused to host !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14028 on: March 11, 2023, 12:03:51 PM »

The big risk Lineker & Co are running is the highlights package becoming longer and therefore more popular without their involvement but I think there’s a much bigger chance it’l be a poorer show without the usual commentary/ analysis.
Not sure on this but as the Beeb aren't the host broadcaster highlights for any game could well be time limited. Secondly football is a game of opinions, it's going to be  pretty mundane if there's no debate over the controversial moments  even if it's just Fred and George from " down the wagon "
Find it very telling the Beeb have withdrawn their complaints link on their own website

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14029 on: March 11, 2023, 12:12:45 PM »
No Fighting Talk No Five Live Sport Sherear was a pundit on it No idea If the 3PM will be on I'll be at Darlaston but may put sounds on to check. Women's Football on Tommorrow might be in doubt. Albion, Wolves and Villa shouldn't be affected. Maybe MOTD will use the WM Commentary of Villa and Wolves. And I am not going to listen to Talksport that is actually more Poiltical or agenda based than the Beeb or anything Lineker said
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14030 on: March 11, 2023, 12:18:23 PM »
Yep Confirmed on twitter waiting for actual news but no Football Proggaming on BBC Fighting Talk was pulled for what Colin Murray said was obvious reasons. And it looms looms 3PM Game and half five won't be commentate on. I doubt they will get Match Updates during the Rugby or Shows they put on. So WM Commentary might actually be used the BBC should know not to do things like this look how it ended badly when they did it to Top Gear.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14031 on: March 11, 2023, 12:36:45 PM »
You’d have a point if Lineker was on MOTD making political references, he’d rightly get crucified but what your saying is that anyone who has any involvement with the BBC or Football isn’t allowed to express their opinion at any time. Plus I don’t think Lineaker is actually a BBC employee as he appears on BT sport he’s probably freelance who’s contracted by the BBC which sort of makes their stance even worse.

The big risk Lineker & Co are running is the highlights package becoming longer and therefore more popular without their involvement but I think there’s a much bigger chance it’l be a poorer show without the usual commentary/ analysis.
Vanessa Feltz has released a tweet reading exactly what it said in her contract when at the BBC and it included social media and third party comments regarding impartiality if you don't agree then you don't sign up to the BBC.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14032 on: March 11, 2023, 12:48:33 PM »
Nut that has to work for everybody whichever side of the political divide and its clearly not the case at the Beeb at the moment. Also a word being used a lot today is "guidelines" which is ambiguous in the extreme and quite possibly not worth diddly if or when it comes down to the nitty grity of who , when , where   what or ,why

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14033 on: March 11, 2023, 12:56:09 PM »
I read Van Feltz article which is interesting, seems like Lineker is wrong and has not been impartial as stated in her contract which may or not be a bog standard contract but the main ones social media comments etc looms large
All these presenters now refusing to work in sympathy are all breaching their own contracts surely by refusing to work
Im not aware of any of them saying that what Lineker said was wrong so presumably they all agree with his statement

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14034 on: March 11, 2023, 02:36:38 PM »
Another person who mixed politics in football was unfortunately one of our own players, Mclean.
Remember all that poppy stuff, people just dont like it
Its all a bit to cliquey for me its like the 1970's one out all out, im not happy about this, i suppose some fans will agree some wont but this blenket refusal to work isnt on, theyre depriving the fans of watching and listening to sport its just not on

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14035 on: March 11, 2023, 02:38:24 PM »
Bournemouth 1-0 Liverpool. What a difference a week makes!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14036 on: March 11, 2023, 02:39:15 PM »
Bournemouth beat Liverpool the battle to stay up is fascinating and will probably go down to the last match.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14037 on: March 11, 2023, 10:39:43 PM »
Just watching Match of the Day.WOW. So much better without the so called expert plundits.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14038 on: March 11, 2023, 11:02:26 PM »
That was the weirdest Match Of The Day ever I noticed it never told you the teams, referee or little Time code in the corner or stats to say how many goals Harland has for example, no music. I sort of understood the stats normally gets discussed. Team Sheet most people will read then Google why Rodri ay playing time code no idea why Referee no idea why either and no Music either was like watching it on Ceefax or Red Button or Ceefax became digital.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14039 on: March 12, 2023, 08:08:57 AM »
Fancy being a Palace fan! Since the season 2003/04 they became the 1st team to have no shots on goal in 3 games in a row.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14040 on: March 12, 2023, 09:35:42 AM »
Your not going to pay his successor then ?

I stopped paying my licence fee years ago because I don't agree with the BBCs bloated salary's
Baggie in Southampton

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14041 on: March 17, 2023, 08:19:20 AM »
Viera sacked by Palace

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14042 on: March 17, 2023, 09:19:15 AM »
Viera sacked by Palace

Not surprised one little bit, terrible results and not playing well. Gives them the international break to get someone new in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14043 on: March 17, 2023, 09:22:33 AM »
Not surprised one little bit, terrible results and not playing well. Gives them the international break to get someone new in.

They were on a slippery slope indeed. Interesting to see who they get in

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14044 on: March 17, 2023, 09:37:51 AM »
Kiely survived the backroom cull and remains as GK coach
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 11:20:29 AM by gazberg »

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14045 on: March 17, 2023, 11:06:16 AM »
Viera sacked by Palace

Not such a happy St. 'Patrick's' Day then  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14046 on: March 17, 2023, 01:11:37 PM »
Not such a happy St. 'Patrick's' Day then  ;D

No he's screwed! Looks like they want Roy back!

From Sami Mokbel

Exc: Crystal Palace not discounting a shock return to the club for Roy Hodgson. Paddy McCarthy taking team for Arsenal on Sunday and could yet be handed job until the summer. But Hodgson an option provided he is willing to come out of retirement (again!).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 04:34:30 PM by gazberg »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14047 on: March 17, 2023, 08:28:32 PM »
Viera sacked by Palace
Latest "established Prem club" not looking so established after all.

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14048 on: March 18, 2023, 04:59:40 PM »
Latest "established Prem club" not looking so established after all.

Relegation scrap is wild this year. One of the best in years. Possibly the best and tightest since our great escape year.

Wolves lose a big one at home to Leeds. Back in the mire is Wolves

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14049 on: March 19, 2023, 01:51:21 PM »
Relegation scrap is wild this year. One of the best in years. Possibly the best and tightest since our great escape year.

Wolves lose a big one at home to Leeds. Back in the mire is Wolves

Yep, i thought it was nearly all over a few games back. Now it's 3 from 8!