Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184840 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8150 on: April 07, 2021, 12:28:35 PM »
Weve come a long way since WOS and catweezle, kendo nagazaki and giant haystacks  ;D

Not sure we have to be honest. I used to go to watch the wrestling at the Digbeth Civic. Saw Haystacks bury Tony St Clairs head into a corner post, split his head wide open but he fought on.

If ever I see WWF or whatever it is called, I just laugh my head off. So staged and plastic; I cannot believe that it is actually called a sport.
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8151 on: April 07, 2021, 12:32:07 PM »
Not sure we have to be honest. I used to go to watch the wrestling at the Digbeth Civic. Saw Haystacks bury Tony St Clairs head into a corner post, split his head wide open but he fought on.

If ever I see WWF or whatever it is called, I just laugh my head off. So staged and plastic; I cannot believe that it is actually called a sport.

Sports Entertainment now they call it. They dont refer to it as wrestling anymore. Decades ago the owner had to admit the results were pre-determined in court to avoid paying higher taxes that genuine sports are subject to.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8152 on: April 07, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
Sports Entertainment now they call it. They dont refer to it as wrestling anymore. Decades ago the owner had to admit the results were pre-determined in court to avoid paying higher taxes that genuine sports are subject to.

Every days a schoolday Gazberg - thank you.

I still laugh my head off though!
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8153 on: April 07, 2021, 12:38:16 PM »
Every days a schoolday Gazberg - thank you.

I still laugh my head off though!

Sometimes it's hard to take seriously and that's even knowing that it is escapism/suspension of disbelief time but when it's done well i find it fantastic.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8154 on: April 07, 2021, 12:44:39 PM »
With their bingo wings watching Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks was like seeing two fat giant stingrays having a slapping contest. Not sure what that's got to do with coronavirus but I thought I'd share the mental imagery  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8155 on: April 07, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
Hope you both get there.

COVID news so far today, Moderna vaccinations have started. AZ trial on children paused. Snooker World Championship final set to be a capacity crowd (this is a very big deal imo).

Fingers crossed though i will pay via credit cards, just to be sure.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8156 on: April 12, 2021, 01:18:51 PM »
I think the biggest problem now is these Covid virus mutations.  Whilst the UK one is widespread and all the vaccines seem to be coping with it, the challenge will come with other mutations. The South African one seems to be currently the one where the various vaccines are not giving such good results. In fact, I think they have stopped giving AstraZ in S. Africa for the time being. Also the BioNTech one didn't give such good protection on tests in Israel.

The question is, will the 'lesser protection' be enough to stop hospitalisations and tests. 
At the moment we have few cases of the S African type in the UK, but long term you can't stop these viruses spreading. The scientists and the pharma companies need to be working all out researching, in order to stay one step ahead. Luckily most of the vaccines can apparently be 'tweaked' to adapt to new mutations, some easier than others.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8157 on: April 12, 2021, 02:15:21 PM »
I think the biggest problem now is these Covid virus mutations.  Whilst the UK one is widespread and all the vaccines seem to be coping with it, the challenge will come with other mutations. The South African one seems to be currently the one where the various vaccines are not giving such good results. In fact, I think they have stopped giving AstraZ in S. Africa for the time being. Also the BioNTech one didn't give such good protection on tests in Israel.

The question is, will the 'lesser protection' be enough to stop hospitalisations and tests. 
At the moment we have few cases of the S African type in the UK, but long term you can't stop these viruses spreading. The scientists and the pharma companies need to be working all out researching, in order to stay one step ahead. Luckily most of the vaccines can apparently be 'tweaked' to adapt to new mutations, some easier than others.

I think the big test for the vaccines will be when international travel starts again in any great numbers.
We can pin a variant down at the moment. Not so easy with more people moving between borders
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8158 on: April 12, 2021, 02:45:30 PM »
It’s a numbers game, more people vaccinated = less opportunity for mutations, that’s why vaccine denial and national hoarding are so wrong and self destructive.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8159 on: April 12, 2021, 07:02:49 PM »
One of the biggest issues for me is people refusing to accept it's here to stay and all it's variants. Crack on.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8160 on: April 13, 2021, 06:04:01 PM »
They have banned the vulnerable/disabled from attending the league cup final.

The disabled supporters groups are rightly not happy. Confirmed correctly that it's their decision what happens with their lives not the government. I think they are taking the authorities to court for direct discrimination. Good on them.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8161 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:41 AM »
They have banned the vulnerable/disabled from attending the league cup final.

The disabled supporters groups are rightly not happy. Confirmed correctly that it's their decision what happens with their lives not the government. I think they are taking the authorities to court for direct discrimination. Good on them.

Gazberg can you tell me where you have heard that from? If this is the case I would think the organisation 'Level Playing Fields' who  promoting a positive, inclusive experience for disabled sports fans. would be up in arms about this has they are with the Snooker World Championship ticketing issues.

Last year the Sports Ground Safety Authority issued their Supplementary Guidance 02: Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds (SG :02) and in this they made it very clear that attending the event as a fan was a personal decision.

It has been a Level Playing Field priority over the past 12 months that when sport does start to re-open it re-opens for all, and the choice to attend is for the individual.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8162 on: April 14, 2021, 10:27:35 AM »
Gazberg can you tell me where you have heard that from? If this is the case I would think the organisation 'Level Playing Fields' who  promoting a positive, inclusive experience for disabled sports fans. would be up in arms about this has they are with the Snooker World Championship ticketing issues.

Last year the Sports Ground Safety Authority issued their Supplementary Guidance 02: Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds (SG :02) and in this they made it very clear that attending the event as a fan was a personal decision.

It has been a Level Playing Field priority over the past 12 months that when sport does start to re-open it re-opens for all, and the choice to attend is for the individual.

Was part of yesterday's announcement, because it is effectively a government trial they have barred the extremely clinically vulnerable from accessing tickets, among other cohorts.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8163 on: April 14, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8164 on: April 14, 2021, 10:40:30 AM »
It is in various papers.

I saw it here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/13/children-banned-carabao-cup-final-fans-must-prove-negative/

May be a paywall though.

Cheers gazberhg, have read this and they are opening a hornets nest.

As SpursAbility , Tottenham’s disabled supporters’ club, said in a statement: “The policy adopted for this match is a direct discrimination toward many disabled supporters including those with access requirements based on a direction with no scientific evidence to back up this approach and there is no longer a Government requirement to shield.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8165 on: April 14, 2021, 10:57:10 AM »
Yes it is insane they think it's fine to do it.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8166 on: April 14, 2021, 11:07:56 AM »
How can it be a trial if some are excluded ? To get any semblance of normality back all must be included in a trial , after all you wouldn’t trial a  vaccine knowingly on just right handed people !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8167 on: April 14, 2021, 11:11:57 AM »
How can it be a trial if some are excluded ? To get any semblance of normality back all must be included in a trial , after all you wouldn’t trial a  vaccine knowingly on just right handed people !

Trial/experiment call it whatever, they have decided which variables they want to test. Under 18s are also precluded from accessing tickets I believe I read.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8168 on: April 14, 2021, 12:01:51 PM »
Got my second jab this morning, ecstatic !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8169 on: April 14, 2021, 01:45:24 PM »
The Cup Final is a trial which is why the most vulnerable are not included I don't entirely agree with that thinking but you can imagine the outcry if a disabled person became seriously ill after attending the game.
Sometimes in government, you can't do right for doing wrong.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8170 on: April 14, 2021, 02:19:08 PM »
Why would there be an outcry?

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8171 on: April 14, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
Why would there be an outcry?
You don't think there would be? you must watch different news to me, I'll say no more as I would be delving into forbidden territory.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8172 on: April 14, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »
You don't think there would be? you must watch different news to me, I'll say no more as I would be delving into forbidden territory.

No, why would there? I'm confused. Are you saying that disabled people should be forced to stay away? Or disabled people can't decide on their own life? I am lost.

Vaccines here, once it's given out and done with thats it. Covid ain't getting no better. People will still get the virus and die just a lot less. We all know that.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8173 on: April 14, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »
No, why would there? I'm confused. Are you saying that disabled people should be forced to stay away? Or disabled people can't decide on their own life? I am lost.

Vaccines here, once it's given out and done with thats it. Covid ain't getting no better. People will still get the virus and die just a lot less. We all know that.
I'm saying the media would make a song and dance about this football game should anyone fall seriously ill seeing as it's considered a "trial" and the chances of that happening increase with the more vulnerable, I'm not saying I agree with it but can see why precautions would be taken.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8174 on: April 14, 2021, 06:12:26 PM »
I'm saying the media would make a song and dance about this football game should anyone fall seriously ill seeing as it's considered a "trial" and the chances of that happening increase with the more vulnerable, I'm not saying I agree with it but can see why precautions would be taken.

Screw the media, they are the ones that got half of society hysterical.