Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772280 times)

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #2475 on: March 21, 2015, 08:45:27 PM »
Club announcement that he's out for 6 months, real shame for the lad.
Allllllll aboard

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2476 on: March 21, 2015, 08:49:42 PM »
A real blow for Foster. We'll obviously have to bring in a new keeper for next season but once we reach safety I hope TP gives Jack Rose some first team experience.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2477 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »
Terrible news, he's a truly excellent keeper, one of our best ever really. Player of the season in 2 of his 3 seasons doesn't lie.

Myhill's a decent enough keeper and a safe pair of hands to be in goal for a while, but I do fear for Foster. With his past history with knee injuries this could finish him.

A real blow for Foster. We'll obviously have to bring in a new keeper for next season but once we reach safety I hope TP gives Jack Rose some first team experience.

I'm not sure we do, Myhill is good enough to to be a starter in this division really, he's not as good as Foster but he's better than most teams back ups in this league. Then Rose by all accounts seems highly rated, gets to the point of you have to trust him to sit on the bench and maybe play the odd game otherwise why bother with an academy? All going well Foster will be back early next season.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:03:01 PM by Dan »

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2478 on: March 21, 2015, 09:16:11 PM »
With it only being 6 months I can't see TP splashing out on a new number 1. There's nobody available unless you are willing to pay well over the odds.

Best bet would be somebody like Ruddy if Norwich don't get promoted.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2479 on: March 21, 2015, 09:26:06 PM »
6 months my god! Sorry for him been excellent over the years.

But based on Myhill's performance against City (and other games) we can rest assured we have an excellent replacement on hand.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2480 on: March 21, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »
Club announcement that he's out for 6 months, real shame for the lad.

A real shame for the club.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2481 on: March 21, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
It may be my perception but in the games he has played I've always wondered what Myhill's shots to save ratio is . He's had a decent game today but I'm not sure about him at all.

I just hope we get the points we need ASAP .

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2482 on: March 21, 2015, 10:25:13 PM »
Just gone on his Twitter page to see if he had put anything about his injury and it seems he has deleted it!?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2483 on: March 21, 2015, 11:25:11 PM »
Shame about Fozzie, really like him even if he does sometimes hoof it! Hope he gets back to full fitness.

That said, I've always liked Boaz and look forward to him seeing this season out and helping us steady the ship.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2484 on: March 22, 2015, 06:21:41 AM »
Bad news for Ben and the team.With his age,it's difficult to fully recover,but it is hoped that he can back on the pitch as soon as possible.
The PRIDE of midlands

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2485 on: March 22, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Just gone on his Twitter page to see if he had put anything about his injury and it seems he has deleted it!?

He deleted his Twitter account after the villa game because of the abuse he was getting of some 'fans'.

It's a shame for him and the club however he needed time away to get his head sorted as he seemed to be going through a bad patch.

Hopefully he comes back stronger and we see what a good goal keeper he is!

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2486 on: March 22, 2015, 11:05:37 AM »
really sad news for Ben and the club , but i think in Myhill we have one of the better back up keepers in the league, and although i am sure they will address the situation in close season if necessary , BM will do for me for the rest of the season

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2487 on: March 23, 2015, 05:34:25 PM »
Losing Foster is a massive blow - no doubting that.

He has been poor though for a while, certainly his performances have been in decline and mistakes have started creeping into his game - that alongside his appalling distribution. In Myhill however we have a very able back up so we are fortunate in that respect. Will also be good for Jack Rose to get some continued experience in and around the first team squad.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2488 on: March 23, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
Agree with Liam about Rose. Hopefully Myhill's finger/hand is fully healed and he'll be able to step in for the remainder of the season, but it can only be a good thing if Rose has a few games on the bench, getting used to life in and around the match-day squad. I don't know what the club think of him, but if the club are happy him being the number 2, and aren't looking for an emergency loan, I'd say I'm happy for him to there.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2489 on: March 24, 2015, 03:25:21 PM »
Agree with Liam about Rose. Hopefully Myhill's finger/hand is fully healed and he'll be able to step in for the remainder of the season, but it can only be a good thing if Rose has a few games on the bench, getting used to life in and around the match-day squad. I don't know what the club think of him, but if the club are happy him being the number 2, and aren't looking for an emergency loan, I'd say I'm happy for him to there.

I know he is highly thought of by the academy bosses and people at the club, was one of the major factors in finally letting Daniels leave.

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2490 on: June 26, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »
dont get the criticism of Ben foster one bit, having supported the club 48 years he is easily the best we've had!! & having met him I must sat a true gent to boot!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2491 on: June 27, 2015, 12:10:54 AM »
dont get the criticism of Ben foster one bit, having supported the club 48 years he is easily the best we've had!! & having met him I must sat a true gent to boot!
Well no offence but I don't get why people try to defend honest criticism with "he's a nice bloke"?
Pepe Mel, Ben foster,Paul raven, they may all be nice blokes but it's about winning and competitive edge?, John terry is an backside but I'd take him for CB..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2492 on: June 27, 2015, 06:52:45 AM »
Well no offence but I don't get why people try to defend honest criticism with "he's a nice bloke"?
Pepe Mel, Ben foster,Paul raven, they may all be nice blokes but it's about winning and competitive edge?, John terry is an backside but I'd take him for CB..

With due respect I think stubba's defence of Ben Foster was the part where he said he'd been a supporter for 48 years and Foster was the best we'd had in that time.  The bit about him being a nice bloke I think he meant was a bonus.  For me Foster is a very good keeper although like most keepers he has a mistake in him, but I certainly rate him higher then Hennessey.  He has a good rate of clean sheets although under Pulis he will get a lot of protection.

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2493 on: June 27, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »
With due respect I think stubba's defence of Ben Foster was the part where he said he'd been a supporter for 48 years and Foster was the best we'd had in that time.  The bit about him being a nice bloke I think he meant was a bonus.  For me Foster is a very good keeper although like most keepers he has a mistake in him, but I certainly rate him higher then Hennessey.  He has a good rate of clean sheets although under Pulis he will get a lot of protection.
Precisely correct my friend what I meant was that not only is he a good keeper but he actually cares which today is a rare commodity

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2494 on: June 27, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/06/27/reading-close-on-west-broms-myhill/

Can we afford to lose his back up?
He played well for those few games he had.

Edit....Who will start the season for us, if we let him go?

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2495 on: June 27, 2015, 09:37:20 PM »

Wouldn't worry too much if you click on the Birmingham mail link it takes you to a story 17 days old.  then there's ths on the official site  http://tinyurl.com/p3yo92u

cuckfield1704

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2496 on: June 28, 2015, 07:13:49 AM »

The pursuit of Hennessey means that either Myhill wants out or that Foster's knee injury puts a question mark over his future.
It looks like it is the former....let's hope that it is not both.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2497 on: August 03, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »
Foster looks like is back into proper training. Shot stopping and diving around. Also posted a picture on twitter. To me looks like he is recovering well.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2498 on: August 03, 2015, 12:20:43 PM »
Sky have opened a next club market on him to leave this summer, he is 1/5 to stay and the 4/1 favs to sign him are Villa. If you have a lump sum in the bank then that 1/5 is buying money, he will still be here end of August regardless.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2499 on: August 03, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »
Sky have opened a next club market on him to leave this summer, he is 1/5 to stay and the 4/1 favs to sign him are Villa. If you have a lump sum in the bank then that 1/5 is buying money, he will still be here end of August regardless.

Wouldn't surprise me at all given how fond he is of Villa.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......