Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 676616 times)

wbako

• Senior Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic Sacked
« Reply #3975 on: December 16, 2020, 07:10:15 PM »
Those who follow my posts avidly will have noted that I have been quiet recently. Bad news in the real world has taken over, but I felt an urge to log in today just to put a couple of things on the record this evening.

Slav was a breath of fresh air; a manager who not only was successful on the pitch, but a human being who understood the importance of football for us, the fans. He gave me reason to believe once again, he restored pride to our club. When I heard he was to be sacked, I felt gutted, something I'd not experienced before when parting ways with a manager. This quickly turned to anger when it became clear how the club had treated him with a complete lack of respect, conspiring behind his back. Slav has more integrity in his little finger than the faceless ***** who run our club have put together. Our club, not their club.

Moving onto the decision: I disagree with it fiercely. Slav had got us promoted, and while things were far from perfect, the players were playing with pride and belief for their boss. He was not backed to any reasonable extent and our current predicament was more due to the ineptitude and inaction of our board. Due to the aforementioned personal circumstances, football was already moving down the pecking order and today's news just solidifies this. I will always be a Son of Albion, but I will not be down The Hawthorns for the foreseeable future, I fear. Allardyce is not my manager and the board, who have brought shame on this great club, are the enemy within.

Thanks for the memories, Slav.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 07:14:10 PM by wbako »
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3976 on: December 16, 2020, 07:12:49 PM »
It is a shame because he is a good guy but performances have been so poor that it was inevitable he would be sacked. 

kefizz

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3977 on: December 16, 2020, 07:16:20 PM »
You have my goodbyes and I wish you all good luck with your club. It was a great time and as much I want to I just can't stay to support the club with a board like this one. Thank you for this great trip

Oh dear ,How sad ,  Never mind...........
Action this Day

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3978 on: December 16, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
Those who follow my posts avidly will have noted that I have been quiet recently. Bad news in the real world has taken over, but I felt an urge to log in today just to put a couple of things on the record this evening.

Slav was a breath of fresh air; a manager who not only was successful on the pitch, but a human being who understood the importance of football for us, the fans. He gave me reason to believe once again, he restored pride to our club. When I heard he was to be sacked, I felt gutted, something I'd not experienced before when parting ways with a manager. This quickly turned to anger when it became clear how the club had treated him with a complete lack of respect, conspiring behind his back. Slav has more integrity in his little finger than the faceless ***** who run our club have put together. Our club, not their club.

Moving onto the decision: I disagree with it fiercely. Slav had got us promoted, and while things were far from perfect, the players were playing with pride and belief for their boss. He was not backed to any reasonable extent and our current predicament was more due to the ineptitude and inaction of our board. Due to the aforementioned personal circumstances, football was already moving down the pecking order and today's news just solidifies this. I will always be a Son of Albion, but I will not be down The Hawthorns for the foreseeable future, I fear. Allardyce is not my manager and the board, who have brought shame on this great club, are the enemy within.

All of the very best with whatever's going on fella, take care of you and yours.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3979 on: December 16, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »

Brilliant post and wishing you all the best.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3980 on: December 16, 2020, 07:31:15 PM »
I am done with the club. They are disgraceful and embarrassing.

I have always looked for and respected your opinions and insights on here 79.
And once again you have completely nailed how I am feeling right now.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3981 on: December 16, 2020, 07:47:55 PM »
Shame that Bilic has gone, there were a lot of things to like and the style of play he implemented at the start of last season was really enjoyable to watch. He was a manager not against using youth when they proved good enough and they are two things I personally want to see from us as a club. A promotion is always a good achievement, one year into a two year plan even more so.

It is impossible for us to know the exact goings on but for Bilic not to make a ball winning midfielder and priority last January and then even more so in the summer was an error as was wanting to play a back 3 when the recruitment didn't match that plan, although that could be down to Dowling. I didn't think Bilic managed well.much of this season and truth be told, the bad record went back to last season too. The weaknesses we knew about before he joined us, the weak defensive structure, proved to be the case here.

Overall sad to see him go but he wasn't without fault. I'll put my views on the way it was conducted and his replacement elsewhere.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3982 on: December 16, 2020, 07:50:39 PM »
It is a shame because he is a good guy but performances have been so poor that it was inevitable he would be sacked.
Do you know him well?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3983 on: December 16, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »

Fantastic post mate. All the best.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3984 on: December 16, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
Some very dramatic and highly-charged posts on this thread. My commiserations to the pro-Bilić faction of our club.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3985 on: December 16, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »
Some very dramatic and highly-charged posts on this thread. My commiserations to the pro-Bilić faction of our club.

I'm sensing sarcasm at work, so, yeah, I'll bite.

I've never considered myself 'pro-Bilic', rather pro a manager who values the fans, who understands the importance of football in society, who inspires those who play for him and who talks up this great club. On the other hand, I suppose I may very well be anti-Allardyce as I'm against corrupt, anti-football dingles being anywhere near my club.

The fact that people are being 'dramatic' and 'highly-charged' should tell you that many people value Slav's contribution to the club as a whole, not just on the pitch. He demonstrated real leadership during his tenure and gave us some fantastic days out (Birmingham, West Ham and Bristol City immediately come to mind).

Also, for future reference: 'faction' means a smaller dissenting group, within a larger group. Not sure it quite works re. your post.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3986 on: December 16, 2020, 09:04:16 PM »
Cheers for the well wishes, by the way. Life may throw surprises your way from time to time, but the incompetence of our board is almost reassuringly constant.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 09:08:14 PM by wbako »

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3987 on: December 16, 2020, 09:06:24 PM »
Just spoken to my mate a Wolves fan says we will go down says we played well last night and also says Allardyce will go in it for money and that sacking Billic was Unfair
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3988 on: December 16, 2020, 09:08:40 PM »
Lining up one coach up before firing the current one is a practice I assume our fans are happy with given how keen they are generally for an instant appointment.  When that goes wrong the club look bad. Well it went wrong and we look bad but we have our rapid appointment.

We got to the point with Bilic that the parting of the ways was inevitable. Bilic is not wholly the victim here he has had more than small part to play in the story of his own demise.

Yet I cannot but feel sorry that it has ended like this and personally I'd have waited for an appointment to spare the embarrassment of the cack-handed management of his departure. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3989 on: December 16, 2020, 09:19:00 PM »

To be honest I’m baffled as to why you are even looking at this thread.

ajt33

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3990 on: December 16, 2020, 09:46:03 PM »
Slaven Bilic, ex-West Ham United and Everton manager who previously managed his National Team.

Sam Allardyce, ex-West Ham United and Everton manager who previously managed his National Team.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3991 on: December 16, 2020, 09:48:41 PM »
I unfortunatly know a bit more about this than I personally wanted to and I can assure you that the club have done this purely for self interested money reasons and nothing else. If you agree with their reasons then fine and I hope you are happy but I feel it is abhorrent and have no interest in the club until they quite frankly f*** o** completely!

I am in complete agreement with your sentiments.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3992 on: December 16, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »
Slaven Bilic, ex-West Ham United and Everton manager who previously managed his National Team.

Sam Allardyce, ex-West Ham United and Everton manager who previously managed his National Team.

Bilic has never managed Everton
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ajt33

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3993 on: December 16, 2020, 09:59:29 PM »
Bilic has never managed Everton
Oops!

Sorry my mistake.  :-[
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3994 on: December 16, 2020, 10:03:06 PM »
Just spoken to my mate a Wolves fan says we will go down says we played well last night and also says Allardyce will go in it for money and that sacking Billic was Unfair

Dingles are full ****.

They’re in no position to pass judgement given the amount of managers and owners their mob have hounded out over the years.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3995 on: December 16, 2020, 10:04:06 PM »
I unfortunatly know a bit more about this than I personally wanted to and I can assure you that the club have done this purely for self interested money reasons and nothing else. If you agree with their reasons then fine and I hope you are happy but I feel it is abhorrent and have no interest in the club until they quite frankly f*** o** completely!

Oh, I see. And what do you know exactly Baggie79?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3996 on: December 16, 2020, 10:04:16 PM »
You have a friend who is a Wolves fan who has that much insight and intelligence. Are you sure he's a Wolves fan?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3997 on: December 16, 2020, 10:07:11 PM »
You have a friend who is a Wolves fan who has that much insight and intelligence. Are you sure he's a Wolves fan?

Friend... Wolves fan...is that not a contradiction in terms?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3998 on: December 16, 2020, 10:07:55 PM »
This is exactly as I suspected. I know you aren't able to elaborate, but I appreciate the confirmation.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3999 on: December 16, 2020, 10:14:23 PM »
We have a mutual respect but they have been there before under Moxley when we laughing at them they have had there fun laughing at us now they know we are going through what they did. My dad once said to Wolves fans in my family that they very nearly went to the Conference and went bust.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country