Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 301665 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:49 PM »
Whats he done or said thats causing them so much angst? seems the Pulis love in is well and truly over ;D ;D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #401 on: March 11, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »
Whats he done or said thats causing them so much angst? seems the Pulis love in is well and truly over ;D ;D

I think they have only won one in five, be great to beat them there. :-\
Baggie in Southampton

swabey

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #402 on: March 11, 2013, 08:46:14 PM »
The problem is that most of us have tolerated him and his brand of football and what it has achieved.

He promised us all a 3 year plan which meant doing anything possible to get established in this league. He has now spent the best part of 100m and if anything the football is now uglier than it was for the first couple of years.

At best it was tolerated when we won but fans are now getting sick of hoofing it into the corners looking for set pieces. Our away record is pathetic as Pulis sets out for a 0-0 every game which is worse than watching paint dry.

I think you'll win quite easily as the team have no confidence, no skill and no idea what the manager is trying to get them to do.

All we are asking for is a better style of football. Personally I don't card if we are 4th or 14th. I just want to see football being played.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #403 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »
The problem is that most of us have tolerated him and his brand of football and what it has achieved.

He promised us all a 3 year plan which meant doing anything possible to get established in this league. He has now spent the best part of 100m and if anything the football is now uglier than it was for the first couple of years.

At best it was tolerated when we won but fans are now getting sick of hoofing it into the corners looking for set pieces. Our away record is pathetic as Pulis sets out for a 0-0 every game which is worse than watching paint dry.

I think you'll win quite easily as the team have no confidence, no skill and no idea what the manager is trying to get them to do.

All we are asking for is a better style of football. Personally I don't card if we are 4th or 14th. I just want to see football being played.

Wow. So Stoke fans are finally getting fed up with Pulis-ball? I thought the plan was to transition over time to football after the 'necessary evil' of Pulis-ball? Of course it was always clear Pulis was not the man to do so, his idea of football always was, and will remain, league one on steroids.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #404 on: March 11, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »
What's happened to Stoke's much hyped support ?  Not many fancied the Toon by the looks of it !

https://twitter.com/Away_Fans/status/310768519329484800/photo/1

Oatcake in MolyMix style meltdown as well...................

:D
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #405 on: March 11, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »

I remember being mocked by Stoke fans in this very thread for saying I'd rather get relegated than have to sit through Pulis' anti-football for 90 minutes every match and now lo and behold....

A gameplan which relies on set-pieces, time-wasting, fouling and generally everything ugly about the beautiful game is not one that particularly appeals to me.

As i've said earlier, the clayheads should be inflicted with Pulis for eternity, failing this, at least the next decade.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #406 on: March 11, 2013, 11:45:27 PM »
When they spend the sort of money that they have on players like N'Zonzi and Crouch,with their big wages too, I dont see how even Martinez or Rodgers could change Stoke into a footballing team  withought further serious investment. You just dont see Wilson and Wilkinson putting their foot on the ball or going on a run down the wings regardless of whos in charge

Trouble is that the investment that the board have made has landed them in a catch 22 situation. Do they gamble and spend another fortune on carpet football players and a new manager, or play it safe with Pulis and just survive every year. I think the whole style is getting stale, I know Stoke fans who dread even going on a Saturday at the minute but it takes a brave rich chairman to change it all any time soon
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:50:34 PM by baggie-boy-ethan »

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »
4 points from the last 2 games there for us.They certainly know how to waste money
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:24:18 PM by Jack Russell »
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
4 points from the last 2 games there.They certainly know how to waste money

They're pretty much guarenteed 3 points saturday!  :o

fortressbritannia

« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »
TP has wasted a hell of a lot if money since the cup final on supposedly better players that can't do what we want them to do. Pulisball works but he's not picking the right team for it.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »
TP has wasted a hell of a lot if money since the cup final on supposedly better players that can't do what we want them to do. Pulisball works but he's not picking the right team for it.
Out of interest do you think getting in the Europa League changed Pulis's view on the sort of players he wanted?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

fortressbritannia

« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2013, 05:50:08 PM »
Out of interest do you think getting in the Europa League changed Pulis's view on the sort of players he wanted?

In short no.

TP like pretty much most managers has a system (4-4-1-1) and they need to suit that system players like Crouch and Adam don't. If you want to play for Stoke you need a couple of key attributes good attitude, work hard, good defensively that will never change he'll look for better players but if you don't have those attributes you won't get far with us.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
Its not going to be pretty
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »
Just been browsing the Oatcake and saw this post in a thread about our HOOOOOOOOOF shout...

I DID get upset by it, only because the TRUTH hurts.

Anyone who thinks that the West Brom fans aren't right are simply deluding themselves. Simple truth is that our one and only tactic under this manager is to HOOF it, albeit sometimes in a constructive way, towards Peter Crouch or AN Other.

In actual fact our midfield works in reverse to most others. WE play through our midfield so that we can get the ball BACK to Shawcross or Huth when he's playing or Wilson, so any of them can lauch it as near to Crouch's head as possible.
I omit Andy Wilkinson from this because he doesn't even have the talent to do this properly. Nice lad who wears his heart on his sleeve though!!

Like I say, the TRUTH hurts.

I didn't realise a clayhead could actually be rational - fairplay to "y_oh_y_delilah".
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #414 on: April 07, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
They are in big trouble now, Man Utd at home next week. Lack of goals in the side too.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #415 on: April 07, 2013, 12:02:19 PM »
I am quite happy for them to go down instead of the Vile
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #416 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »
In an ideal world I would love both Stoke and Villa to go down but I cant see it happening. Stoke are losing fortress Britannia, as they have picked up just one point from the last three home games.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

digger

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #417 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:08 PM »
stoke look safe, its got to be villa to go

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #418 on: April 29, 2013, 09:03:25 PM »
Still think Pulis has taken them as far as he can though.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »
Still think Pulis has taken them as far as he can though.
Yep , and on 5 live he sounded like the manager that was leaving but didnt want to say he was?
How much is it going to cost mr coates to change that squad of donkeys ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »
They have spent a heck of a lot on players already think how much players like Crouch is on.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
Some journalists tweeting that Tony Pulis is set to leave after a meeting with chairman Peter Coates today.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »
Been confirmed apparantly, big summer for Stoke now need a new squad if they are going to keep it on the ground, doubt it though as thats not the Stoke way!!

Latest Odds:

Sir Clive Woodward 3/1
Martin Johnson 9/1
Lawrence Dallaglio 12/1
Warren Gatland 25/1
Jonny Wilkinson 50/1

(Shamelessly nicked off BBC Sporf) :)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
Some of their fans on Twitter want Rafa Benitez... ;D

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »
Pulis leaving stoke, what's the bet old tax dodger turns up there ?
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!