Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1325435 times)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #3200 on: May 15, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
Can’t see past villa going up now  :(

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3201 on: May 15, 2019, 09:53:28 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure. I thought Derby forwards esp Wilson and Mount looked alot sharper and gutsy than Villa's.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3202 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:34 PM »
If Wilson, Mount and Lawrence all perform they have a good chance..

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3203 on: May 15, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »

NO PLEASE DONT SAY THAT   >:(
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3204 on: May 15, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
Difference between the two is Derby have an attack who can actually damage teams, but both have defences that look vulnerable!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3205 on: May 15, 2019, 10:06:33 PM »
A Lawrence dive after steer comes out to gather a ball would be heavenly.

Love to see Derby take the pen whilst that scum bag steer is still rolling around like he's been shot.

At least calamity Carson isn't in goal for Derby anymore.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3206 on: May 15, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »
A Lawrence dive after steer comes out to gather a ball would be heavenly.

Love to see Derby take the pen whilst that scum bag steer is still rolling around like he's been shot.

At least calamity Carson isn't in goal for Derby anymore.
Brilliant. I've always seriously disliked Leeds as a club. Great to see them fail (again).
Now if Derby can just finish the job and beat Villa, this season will have become a whole lot more palatable.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3207 on: May 16, 2019, 08:38:27 AM »
I think the winner of the final is too close to call. I don't see a clear favourite personally. Could just be who gets the rub of the green on the day. However, if I had to call it, I'd put a few quid on Derby. Had a tenner on them last night and got £55 back  :-*

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3208 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:57 AM »
Think that might be the last we see of Bielsa, sure I read somewhere that the owner was saying they have to get promoted this year or he may sell the club.

Derby v Villa is a close one to call but I can see Villa winning it. Bet Sky are rubbing their hands at the chance to promote the game as Lampard vs Terry.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3209 on: May 16, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
Having Bielsa coaching a Championship team is like playing on cheat mode. Was hoping for Leeds last night as I thought they would match up better with Villa; but didn't see Derby overturning them either. Villa facing a team with another suspension as well and possibly an injury to Holmes as well. Terry will probably get a lot of limelight with Lampard and I feel O'Kelly and Smith may be happy to have that taken away from them and focus on the game ahead. Abraham should be more sharp too. Well cancelled my day off for the final anyway. Don't think I could stomach it. 

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3210 on: May 16, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »
Sky have wanted the Terry vs Lampard angle since the play off places were confirmed. They couldn't wait to mention it as soon as the final whistle went last night.

I kind of feel sorry for Smith being the forgotten man.....

;D :P

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3211 on: May 16, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
Lampard seems to be quite savvy. He certainly had the measure of us this year and many thought that last nights outcome was a foregone conclusion. He will do his homework on the vile muppets and hopefully beat them in the play off.
MAGA!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3212 on: May 16, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »
Lampard seems to be quite savvy. He certainly had the measure of us this year and many thought that last nights outcome was a foregone conclusion. He will do his homework on the vile muppets and hopefully beat them in the play off.

Thought it was bold of him to bring Marriot on so early in the game yesterday, especially when it looked as though Bennett wasn't injured.

Paid off for him. I like Lampard and think he will go on to make a decent career from managing.

Can't say I'm looking forward to Sky harping on about Terry vs Lampard though.

Just hope Derby beat the Vile now.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3213 on: May 16, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
I kind of feel sorry for Smith being the forgotten man.....

;D :P

Unfortunately I think he be quite happy for Terry to take the limelight and let himself and O'Kelly concentrate on the gameplan in the background.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3214 on: May 16, 2019, 07:38:40 PM »
Unfortunately I think he be quite happy for Terry to take the limelight and let himself and O'Kelly concentrate on the gameplan in the background.

I don't somehow think Smith is one to hide light under a bushell, not after "we've practised penalties (and diving and surrounding the ref) for 4 weeks and why do you think I brought on jedinak in the last 30 seconds, he's never missed a penalty", absolutely genius Smithy, pay a bloke £40k for 3 years to sit on the bench and hope one day his penalty prowess will come to the fore.

And then he says me and Jack tell the rest of the lads how great the club and they see how many fans are outside after games.

Then he is one of the scum bags after all. Only surprised he didn't mention 1982 in there.

He was on wm tonight phone in tonight too, anybody normal  would wait until the job is done and concentrate fully on that.

I always liked "fat" (ironic) Frank as he always got around 20 in the prem from MF and I liked his loyalty to his Dad Frank Sr when West Ham binned him.

I hope he has better luck than I witnessed him have in Bloomfontein against Germany.

I also heard on the radio today that he interrupted a live interview after the Leeds game with Mount and Wilson to say we haven't done anything yet lads.

A level headed manager who knows Wednesday will mean nothing if they lose the final. Heard he changed systems too, during the game to a diamond.

I don't like the rams, but I will backing them to the hilt on the 27th.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:45:00 AM by BalisPen »

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3215 on: May 16, 2019, 09:48:33 PM »
I always fancied Leeds to be the team to upset the vile at Wembley. Having watched their sweeper/keeper continually mess up though, must say I prefer Derby to do it. Some good in game management, and no shortage of attacking intent. I’ll be a Ram for the day.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3216 on: May 16, 2019, 11:40:08 PM »
Heard today Bielsa is on £4m a year at Leeds.

That has to be up there with what Rafa was on at Newcastle.

Surely Leeds must be close breaking FFP.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3217 on: May 23, 2019, 07:36:36 AM »
Former England and Chelsea captain John Terry, the current Aston Villa assistant boss, is in talks with Middlesbrough about becoming their new manager. (Talksport)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3218 on: May 23, 2019, 10:24:27 AM »
Former England and Chelsea captain John Terry, the current Aston Villa assistant boss, is in talks with Middlesbrough about becoming their new manager. (Talksport)

Haha. Out of the frying pan....
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3219 on: May 23, 2019, 01:07:48 PM »

If Talksport have said so, it must be true. ::)
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3220 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:55 PM »
Exclusive: Middlesbrough to sue Derby over alleged breaches of financial rules

Should be interesting, if successful, will they then go after Vile and will we get promoted by the back door?

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/24/exclusive-middlesbrough-sue-derby-alleged-breaches-offinancial/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3221 on: May 24, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »
Exclusive: Middlesbrough to sue Derby over alleged breaches of financial rules

Should be interesting, if successful, will they then go after Vile and will we get promoted by the back door?

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/24/exclusive-middlesbrough-sue-derby-alleged-breaches-offinancial/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Don’t be silly, sky want nothing more than to see Villa in the top league.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3222 on: May 24, 2019, 08:07:06 PM »
Don’t be silly, sky want nothing more than to see Villa in the top league.
Not as much as WM do
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3223 on: May 24, 2019, 08:13:12 PM »
Isn’t it galling to turn Sky Sports on and see long drawn out previews of the Villa v Derby play off. If our Board had got their act together months ago we might have been part of the previews, or more likely, in the Premier League by now.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3224 on: May 24, 2019, 10:29:01 PM »
Isn’t it galling to turn Sky Sports on and see long drawn out previews of the Villa v Derby play off. If our Board had got their act together months ago we might have been part of the previews, or more likely, in the Premier League by now.
Some of us are used to it. Watching the 78 and 82 FA cup finals (82 LC final) was hard work. I won’t watch this game.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.