Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 678573 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #2150 on: October 08, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
Grosicki scored an international hatrick in 36 minutes so will Bilic eat humble pie and at least give him a reasonable period of game time?

I rate Grosicki and I agree he has been underplayed since we signed him, he should be ahead of Phillips and Edwards. That said his hat-trick isn't a game changer in itself. I had a look at the goals and the opposition, wasn't a particularly good standard. You'd expect he'd at least be in our next 16.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2151 on: October 08, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »
I find it depressing to read the anti Billic posts on here. What support did he get from the board to strengthen the squad, one loan and a free. I hope we stick with him long term, the chopping and changing of manager just keeps resetting us back to square one.

Criticising Bilić does not make you anti Bilić.

The quality of this side might not be the great but that does not make him immune to criticism.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2152 on: October 08, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »
Criticising Bilić does not make you anti Bilić.

The quality of this side might not be the great but that does not make him immune to criticism.
I'm not anti Bilic , I wouldn't say I was swept away with him either .
I look for performances and points total , 39 from 90 since Xmas isn't great no matter how much current cash issues arise.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2153 on: October 08, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »
I'm not anti Bilic , I wouldn't say I was swept away with him either .
I look for performances and points total , 39 from 90 since Xmas isn't great no matter how much current cash issues arise.
Very well put, unfortunately theses days the minute you have an opinion you are labelled in/out ...
That points total would see manny a manager giving the sack...I don’t particularly want him out, I do want him to stop moaning and to look at the obvious mistakes,address and progress us.
I have vocalised about Sam Johnstone, I don’t rate him....but I would be ecstatic if Bilic would pull him to one side and tell him to grow a set and command the area.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2154 on: October 08, 2020, 09:22:30 PM »
I for one am more than happy with Slaven as our manager,  a starting point for me is to look at the individual improvements in players and nobody can argue most players have improved, not all I agree, but the youngsters at the club have literally took off.
I am also aware of a few shortfalls in his tactical awareness sometimes, and he does get very  emotional and distracted during the match at times.

But where we are as a club at the moment and the other viable alternatives as well as some of the past managers we have employed, I'm more than happy.

I also think there is a very real possibility he could walk if we have no striker signing by next week.
I really think we are moving in the right direction and nobody expects there to be no mistakes made along the way, but we could be the vile and mis out on relegation by default having spent over 100 million in the transfer market.
We could always ask Pulis back to keep us up.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2155 on: October 09, 2020, 06:30:46 PM »
I for one am more than happy with Slaven as our manager,  a starting point for me is to look at the individual improvements in players and nobody can argue most players have improved, not all I agree, but the youngsters at the club have literally took off.
I am also aware of a few shortfalls in his tactical awareness sometimes, and he does get very  emotional and distracted during the match at times.

But where we are as a club at the moment and the other viable alternatives as well as some of the past managers we have employed, I'm more than happy.

I also think there is a very real possibility he could walk if we have no striker signing by next week.
I really think we are moving in the right direction and nobody expects there to be no mistakes made along the way, but we could be the vile and mis out on relegation by default having spent over 100 million in the transfer market.
We could always ask Pulis back to keep us up.

Great post, agreed on all counts.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2156 on: October 09, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »
I for one am more than happy with Slaven as our manager,  a starting point for me is to look at the individual improvements in players and nobody can argue most players have improved.

I’ll bite. Which players has he improved?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2157 on: October 09, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
I’ll bite. Which players has he improved?

Livermore for sure. The degree of that might be up for conjecture, but he has been a far better player than under Pukelis or Pardon-Me.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2158 on: October 09, 2020, 10:05:14 PM »
these are only my opinions of coarse and sorry if you've had to bite, so my opinions:

The end of the season before last id have gladly given Livermore, Bartley and HRK away on a free, but Imo all three improved to the stage where they had a not to small part in our promotion.
Id never heard of Nathan Ferguson and didn't give much thought to O'shea.
There wasn't exactly a long question of clubs waiting to sign Periera, who is now our most valuable asset.
Diaganna may have had potential but has improved in nearly every game.

I know the season has not started well and these are my thoughts from last season.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2159 on: October 09, 2020, 10:32:55 PM »
these are only my opinions of coarse and sorry if you've had to bite, so my opinions:

The end of the season before last id have gladly given Livermore, Bartley and HRK away on a free, but Imo all three improved to the stage where they had a not to small part in our promotion.
Id never heard of Nathan Ferguson and didn't give much thought to O'shea.
There wasn't exactly a long question of clubs waiting to sign Periera, who is now our most valuable asset.
Diaganna may have had potential but has improved in nearly every game.

I know the season has not started well and these are my thoughts from last season.

No need to apologise for having an opinion. By I’ll bite I simply meant I’ll join the debate and disagree with you.

First of all, identifying Pereira and Diangana was great of Bilic. I’ll not deny that and he deserves credit. I don’t think he’s improved either though, and I think they are the players he signed but we saw the best of them in the first few months of last season. I wouldn’t say he’s improved them.

Ferguson, yes the one id probably give you. To identify and integrate him as a fullback to a point he’s gone and got a long term premiership contract he certainly gave him the platform and position to improve.

Livermore HRK and Bartley are still the same players they've always been though. I do have some sympathy for Bartley playing under Moore and Bilic as neither can drill a defence. Leeds fans were complementary of him. HRK hit a bizarre purple patch, but again that wasnt an improvement for me as such. He wasn’t doing everything better. More an alignment of the stars which is unlikely to be repeated.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2160 on: October 09, 2020, 10:57:59 PM »
Can we please finally bin "Premiership"? There is no such thing, how long does it take to sink in? It is the PREMIER LEAGUE!

For God's sake, can we actually recognise that now?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2161 on: October 10, 2020, 08:26:25 AM »
Great post, agreed on all counts.

Apart from the bit about Poooliss  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2162 on: October 10, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
Apart from the bit about Poooliss  ;) .

Well.... yes!!!  :)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2163 on: October 10, 2020, 12:17:03 PM »
Can we please finally bin "Premiership"? There is no such thing, how long does it take to sink in? It is the PREMIER LEAGUE!

Strange thing to get so excited about !  Are you ok?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2164 on: October 10, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »

Who cares?😂

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2165 on: October 10, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »
Strange thing to get so excited about !  Are you ok?

No I'm not. It is so annoying.

Thanks for asking though.  ;)

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2166 on: October 15, 2020, 09:22:01 PM »
Finally got Grant in, over to you Slav a squad more than capable of finishing 17th IMO. Not sure they can be many grumblings that he hasnt’t been backed, all the loans he wanted from last year, and a new spine in Ivanovic CG & Grant. Be very disappointed if he can’t get a tune out of these players now.

COYB

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2167 on: October 15, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »
Aside from a new goalkeeper he's got what he wanted for the most part.

Needs to settle on a system. Get Ivanovic, Gallagher and Grant into the team and crack on with getting to 38 points.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2168 on: October 15, 2020, 09:48:01 PM »
Agree Jacko new keeper would’ve topped it off, I still think he would’ve gave SJ first half dozen games unless we got an established prem GK which unfortunately was unrealistic.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2169 on: October 19, 2020, 08:38:48 PM »
Looked nervous with pre match interview, happy with team selection but substitions offered nothing and baffled by Philips still being given a chance bloke is shot at this level.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2170 on: October 19, 2020, 08:49:08 PM »
Looked nervous with pre match interview, happy with team selection but substitions offered nothing and baffled by Philips still being given a chance bloke is shot at this level.

Phillips came on with what 4 minutes left? Just a case of getting some fresh legs out wide to push them back. The set-up tonight could not be faulted IMV. Bilic knows we are outgunned by almost all of the teams in the league and that competing at this level is tough. Sensible decision to choose physicality at the back against Burnley and the front four players pick themselves, although Robinson was unlucky to be dropped.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2171 on: October 19, 2020, 09:10:19 PM »
Phillips came on with what 4 minutes left? Just a case of getting some fresh legs out wide to push them back. The set-up tonight could not be faulted IMV. Bilic knows we are outgunned by almost all of the teams in the league and that competing at this level is tough. Sensible decision to choose physicality at the back against Burnley and the front four players pick themselves, although Robinson was unlucky to be dropped.

Robinson hadn’t trained because of the COVID problem.  Think would have started otherwise

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2172 on: October 19, 2020, 09:45:21 PM »
Robinson hadn’t trained because of the COVID problem.  Think would have started otherwise
So the question is...who starts next match?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2173 on: October 20, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
More like it from Bilic last night. Better team selection, better shape.

His substitutions were poor though. Robinson for Grant, fully understand but Phillips for Pereira was a no, no and Sawyers for Krovinovic - why

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2174 on: October 20, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
Slav's view on PPV games:

"Football is not polo or golf," said Bilic.

"It's not my money; it's their money. Football should not be free, but affordable.

"Football is the sport for masses, a working-class sport, and it should be affordable to everybody."
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"