Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 225028 times)

Pie

• Youth Baggie

Kyle Bartley
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
From John Percy:

On a more positive note for West Brom, talks are advanced with Swansea over a move for defender Kyle Bartley. A £3.5m deal could happen before the weekend #wba #swans

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:25:18 PM by Political Cake »

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:43:38 PM »
"Positive"

Very, very average defender. If that's the standard we're aiming for, we aren't aiming for promotion...

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »
"Positive"

Very, very average defender. If that's the standard we're aiming for, we aren't aiming for promotion...

Leeds fans seem gutted they haven’t gone for him. Knows the league, solid defender.

More than likely allows Dawson to leave.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 03:57:13 PM »
I personally quite like him. A very athletic defender who would be one of the better defenders at this level. Think he's a bit like marmite to be honest given how he's been in favour with some and out of favour with others.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 04:00:24 PM »
advanced talks but will still take until the end of the week to sign..haha we really do drag our feet, no chance at all we will sign all the players we need in 4weeks

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:17:21 PM »
What standard of player do some on this site expect?

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »

What are you basing that on?  He was absolute class for Leeds the year he was there, one of their best performers if not the best.  His injury record is a concern but if he can recapture his Leeds form we will have a very good defender and at a reasonable price.
"This crack is really moreish."

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »
What are you basing that on?  He was absolute class for Leeds the year he was there, one of their best performers if not the best.  His injury record is a concern but if he can recapture his Leeds form we will have a very good defender and at a reasonable price.

My Leeds mate thinks he is a bang average player. Seems to be a bit of a journeyman to me, not that I've seen him play much. Smacks of a short term signing - can't see him being put to much if we get promoted.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
If he signs where do you think Darren will play him? Right Back or Left Back? ;)
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 07:28:54 PM »
£3.5m for a defender approaching his prime who knows the league - count me in. Not a great injury record, but neither did Hegazi when he signed.

Allows Dawson to leave and we make a very tidy profit. Happy enough with that, I'd rather we were splashing the cash at the other end of the pitch.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
Is this the fella that started at arsenal?
Did not he play for Swansea,I think its good business at that price decent age

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 07:38:53 PM »
Is this the fella that started at arsenal?
Did not he play for Swansea,I think its good business at that price decent age

Played for Swansea at the Hawthorns last season. Typically injury prone, still a good price for a 27 year old centre half.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »
Played for Swansea at the Hawthorns last season. Typically injury prone, still a good price for a 27 year old centre half.
Bring out the "magic" sponge.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 08:49:34 PM »
3.5 is nothing these days. Not in this mad sport.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »
£3.5m for a defender approaching his prime who knows the league - count me in. Not a great injury record, but neither did Hegazi when he signed. Allows Dawson to leave and we make a very tidy profit. Happy enough with that, I'd rather we were splashing the cash at the other end of the pitch.

Well he's played in a poor Leeds team and done poorly, finishing mid table. None of that is close to good enough for Albion. Clearly he's not fit to lace Dawson's boots so swapping one the other just makes us inferior.  Nothing good about it. Hope we hold onto Dawson and our better players or else we are just going to be become another mid table second division club.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:44 PM »
Well he's played in a poor Leeds team and done poorly, finishing mid table. None of that is close to good enough for Albion. Clearly he's not fit to lace Dawson's boots so swapping one the other just makes us inferior.  Nothing good about it. Hope we hold onto Dawson and our better players or else we are just going to be become another mid table second division club.

He didn't do poorly at all, he was universally liked by the Leeds fans was one of their best performers.  As for finishing mid table they narrowly missed out on the play offs finishing 7th..
"This crack is really moreish."

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 09:59:58 PM »
He didn't do poorly at all, he was universally liked by the Leeds fans was one of their best performers.  As for finishing mid table they narrowly missed out on the play offs finishing 7th..

Don't get involved mate. You're arguing with a guy who rates neither Rondon, Gibbs or Hegazi. Bartley will be a decent signing.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 02:10:08 AM »

Dawson doesn't want to play for us and Bartley seems like he wants too and most other teams that he has played for rate him. Sounds good to me.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 07:28:55 AM »
Seems a decent enough player, had a few injury issues by the look of it.
I'd say his addition would be a plus not a minus
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:49 AM »

So poorly that the majority of Leeds fans are deriding the decision not to sign him permanently. I'm sure you know best.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 08:51:08 AM »
A friend who watches Swansea regularly says that Bartley seems to have overcome his injury problems and will be a good signing for us if fit.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:45 AM »
What standard of player do some on this site expect?

Someone who is on par with Dawson
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
How many on here shook their heads in frustration at us signing Gareth MCCauley from Ipsiwch and also Billy Jones from Preston. Keep the faith!

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »
And lest we forget, signing Dawson himself from Rotherham and loaning him back there

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »

Someone who is on par with Dawson

Do you really think the same level of players are accessible to us now we are in the championship?  ;D