Author Topic: Kieran Gibbs  (Read 167556 times)

Baltic

• Junior Baggie

Re: Kieran Gibbs
« Reply #925 on: May 25, 2021, 01:51:21 PM »
He has a good touch, control and vision and is clearly a quality footballer.  But for us, he lacked a bit of bravery and determination in defense and was a horrific use of our resources.  How our most highly paid player could be an injury prone left back is beyond me.

Not his fault the contract ....I know!  But value for money he was a disaster (circa £20m in fees and wages for 4 seasons).  I'd go further and say his sending off (totally unprofessional) versus Everton was a nail in Bilic's coffin.

So I'm glad next season we can spend his £2m wages (this season £4m) on a key position like center forward.  Not on an ageing fullback with zero resale value.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #926 on: May 25, 2021, 02:11:00 PM »
He has a good touch, control and vision and is clearly a quality footballer.  But for us, he lacked a bit of bravery and determination in defense and was a horrific use of our resources.  How our most highly paid player could be an injury prone left back is beyond me.

Not his fault the contract ....I know!  But value for money he was a disaster (circa £20m in fees and wages for 4 seasons).  I'd go further and say his sending off (totally unprofessional) versus Everton was a nail in Bilic's coffin.

So I'm glad next season we can spend his £2m wages (this season £4m) on a key position like center forward.  Not on an ageing fullback with zero resale value.

I've never considered Charlie Austin a left back
Allllllll aboard

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #927 on: December 11, 2021, 06:29:08 PM »
Had to wait a while for official MLS confirmation but he's on 128k a year in US dollars so around 1.8k a week in gbp. Would have good bonuses though i assume.