Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1185029 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #875 on: April 07, 2020, 08:14:22 PM »
Regardless of what might be suggested, there are no simple answers

For something as complex as a pandemic, the answers are, similarly, complex and we won’t have answers until a full and detailed analysis, carried out by professionals, has been carried out, and then there are no guarantees.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #876 on: April 07, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »
There was a suggestion that it may be partly due to multi generational families in the Asian community, I'm not sure if that is true or not.
Baggie in Southampton

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #877 on: April 07, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »
I think (and it’s just imo) there area number of issues that means that we are right up there with London
Unruly anti social scumbags....
Laziness
Obesity
Poverty
To me working around the country, here and London has the highest concentration of the above...each one adding its own bit to either spreading the virus or creating an”underlying health issue”
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #878 on: April 07, 2020, 09:49:35 PM »
Could it just be down to the size of population in the Midlands.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #879 on: April 07, 2020, 10:05:16 PM »
May be Kev, I imagine the lockdown will last longer in the Midlands and London than elsewhere as a result.
Baggie in Southampton

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #880 on: April 07, 2020, 11:40:54 PM »
Black pearl if your assumption is true,why is the northwest not really a hotspot?
After all Liverpool I think has the largest Chinese community in Europe?
I may be wrong on that but I might be right.
Your "Asian " means chinese or who?
I think your treading on shaky ground here mate.
Also,I havnt really heard any country calling China out because of this pandemic,which I think we should.
What a terrible situation the world is in at the moment.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #881 on: April 08, 2020, 12:57:18 AM »
Black pearl if your assumption is true,why is the northwest not really a hotspot?
Also,I havnt really heard any country calling China out because of this pandemic,which I think we should.

He means the Asian sub continent.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #882 on: April 08, 2020, 02:46:03 AM »
Is there a reason that the Midlands has become a Covid 19 hotspot?

Gold cup probably didn't help...
O Albion we love you

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #883 on: April 08, 2020, 08:39:56 AM »
Morons/thieves/scum/lowlives.
Take your choice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-52206749

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #884 on: April 08, 2020, 09:31:46 AM »
Gold cup probably didn't help...

Possibly correct - however, half of Ireland must be infected if that is the case?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #885 on: April 08, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »
Airports.  Airport = big city.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #886 on: April 08, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »
Can someone explain to me how the chinese think they have this cracked?, yes they contained it in Hubei province but now they have dropped the Hubei quarantine, what will stop China getting re-infected (from Hubei or from the outside?) or do they expect to get it again and re-introduce the lockdown at some place / point?

I'm genuinely confused by what they are doing.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #887 on: April 08, 2020, 01:09:28 PM »

I don't think it's shaky ground to explore why one community has a higher infection rate than another, I would imagine governments around the world are looking at the same issues.
Baggie in Southampton

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #888 on: April 08, 2020, 01:44:52 PM »
Can someone explain to me how the chinese think they have this cracked?, yes they contained it in Hubei province but now they have dropped the Hubei quarantine, what will stop China getting re-infected (from Hubei or from the outside?) or do they expect to get it again and re-introduce the lockdown at some place / point?

I atraight up think they fudged the numbers and the spread to stop the chinese econemy totally collapsing. Numbers dont add up

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #889 on: April 08, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »

I atraight up think they fudged the numbers and the spread to stop the chinese econemy totally collapsing. Numbers dont add up

Totally agree, that is why we must not use China as a barometer for Corona19.
We also need to have rethink on our 5G network going to Huawei?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #890 on: April 08, 2020, 02:48:24 PM »

Given that is alleged to have started there, and there was no precedent so they were learning as they went along, to keep the mortality rate to just over 3000 is either fantastic work by the chinese, or a complete fabrication of what has really happened. I tend to think the latter to be honest...….

As a country they will want to be first out of lockdown as they will not want to 'lose face' globally.

As a couple of American Beijing residents said to me a few weeks ago, 'whatever the Chinese say, add a few noughts onto it'...….
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:12:59 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #891 on: April 08, 2020, 02:56:04 PM »
I had a holiday booked with Jet2. We were supposed to leave on 26/03/2020, but they cancelled on 16/03/2020. I received an email saying that I would get a FULL refund. It seems that they are trying to blame Covid19. This was before the goverments' recommendations came into force. They decided and not the government.
I have lost a holiday and am also out of pocket to the tune of nearly £2K
They have offered me £80.
Yes, I would rather be safe, but it seems to be a money grabbing exercise by them.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #892 on: April 08, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
I had a holiday booked with Jet2. We were supposed to leave on 26/03/2020, but they cancelled on 16/03/2020. I received an email saying that I would get a FULL refund. It seems that they are trying to blame Covid19. This was before the goverments' recommendations came into force. They decided and not the government.
I have lost a holiday and am also out of pocket to the tune of nearly £2K
They have offered me £80.
Yes, I would rather be safe, but it seems to be a money grabbing exercise by them.

Hope you paid by credit card, ALWAYS pay by credit card.
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #893 on: April 08, 2020, 03:26:17 PM »
Hope you paid by credit card, ALWAYS pay by credit card.

A golden rule if ever there was one.
I did however loose out on my London hotel and pre booked car parking when Virgin 'advised' me not to fly into Miami in September due to the hurricane
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #894 on: April 08, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »
I did and always do pay by credit card.
I shall give jet2 the 28 days to pay, then it will be a case of using Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #896 on: April 08, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »

News today says they have a problem in a border area with Russia and are doing another lockdown.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #897 on: April 08, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »

South Korea never went in to lock down but did contact tracing straight away as they were prepared after SARS to do this. I think the idea is China will do the same now to contain the spread and keep every thing open. The germans are trying this to. China had to stop the initial out of control burst with a lock down. To do contract tracing properly about 40 million people in this country will need to install an app on their phone to be notified they have been near a confirmed case and self-quarantine. As people can't give up sunbathing I doubt it would work in this country.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #898 on: April 08, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »
The current 3 week lockdown is due to end on Monday / Tuesday next week, no way is that going to happen so my question is how long do people think the next lockdown will last for?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #899 on: April 08, 2020, 08:30:46 PM »
The current 3 week lockdown is due to end on Monday / Tuesday next week, no way is that going to happen so my question is how long do people think the next lockdown will last for?

At least another 3 weeks in my opinion, they can't let up now. We've come through the unsettling part. People should now be getting accustomed to the restrictions, hopefully the next 3 weeks will be easier
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'