Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197652 times)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #800 on: April 02, 2020, 12:54:31 PM »
Heartfelt condolences AF. Best wishes to you and yours....

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #801 on: April 02, 2020, 03:12:34 PM »
Over 500 more have sadly passed away. That's nearly 3000 in total with over a third of those in the last 48 hours.

The numbers are slightly below where Italy were 2 weeks ago, but not by much.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #802 on: April 02, 2020, 10:17:12 PM »
People at my work are now starting to panic a bit i think. As I've mentioned I manage a Residential home with 3 young guys, 2 with autism and one with severe epilepsy who at just 25, bless him, is high risk and isolating for 12 weeks with our support as he has no understanding. People are worried about him and now beginning to ask lots of questions wondering what happens should one the people we support fall to CV-19. It's tough because there is a massive element of unknown for all of us.

Most are genuinely unfazed though which is great to see.

Our PPE situation isn't so good. We have the basics that we need - masks, gloves, aprons etc but it's not a quality that would protect people as much as NHS staff have. It feels a bit like Health & Social Care is being left behind at times. We aren't frontline like Nurses in hospitals but if somebody contracts it I will expect and hope staff will support still.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #803 on: April 02, 2020, 10:56:11 PM »
Lewis or ant or whatever your name is   ;D, you are an absolute credit to be even vaguely associated with, I am truly in awe to see the dedication and simple humanity that people in your profession are displaying at such a horrific time, it's heart warming and inspiring and makes me feel totally inadequate actually.

You have inspired me to try and help out one of our local nursing homes tomorrow, in my shoes what would be something you would do to have the  most impact??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #804 on: April 02, 2020, 11:02:09 PM »
Lewis or ant or whatever your name is, you are an absolute credit to be even vaguely associated with, I am truly in awe to see the dedication and simple humanity that people in your profession are displaying at such a horrific time, it's heart warming and inspiring and makes me feel totally inadequate actually.

You have inspired me to try and help out one of our local nursing homes tomorrow, in my shoes what would be something you would do to have the  most impact??

This is a lovely post and a brilliant sentiment, but the best thing you can do for these vulnerable people is to stay at home.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2020, 11:04:04 PM »
Lewis or ant or whatever your name is   ;D, you are an absolute credit to be even vaguely associated with, I am truly in awe to see the dedication and simple humanity that people in your profession are displaying at such a horrific time, it's heart warming and inspiring and makes me feel totally inadequate actually.

Stay away, haha no just kidding. Sorry, i have a dark humour, needed in this job! That's a lovely post - i feel awkward as i'm not good at taking such lovely messages and i'm so gutted that tonight i forgot to step outside and clap as i was in the shower after an 11 hour day. Probably the best thing you could do, is offer to pick some shopping up. That's one of the hardest parts at the moment. Can't get deliveries, need to send people to queue up and potentially pick up viruses as well as the shopping. Let us know what you do - you have a kind heart.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2020, 11:05:02 PM »

This is a lovely post and a brilliant sentiment, but the best thing you can do for these vulnerable people is to stay at home.

Jacko is right actually - don't put yourself at risk either.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2020, 11:08:00 PM »
Cheers lads, I feel i have got to do something, will call them tomorrow and see what I can do
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:22:06 AM by MarkW »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #808 on: April 03, 2020, 04:23:56 AM »
A 5g mast has been set on fire in Tyseley. Do these numpties really believe they are connected to coronavirus? :o

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #809 on: April 03, 2020, 07:10:17 AM »
A 5g mast has been set on fire in Tyseley. Do these numpties really believe they are connected to coronavirus? :o
It’s most probably some kind of protest toward the Chinese. Gotta blame someone for our situation.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #810 on: April 03, 2020, 11:27:17 AM »
And they celebrated with chicken chow mien on the way home .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #811 on: April 03, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »
Somebody set fire to a bench in a church yard in Droitwich.
It beggars belief.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #812 on: April 03, 2020, 11:53:51 AM »
When this is all over we must not forget the brilliant staff of the NHS.  I would gladly pay a bit more tax, to pay for a massive pay rise for them.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #813 on: April 03, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
Petty vandalism and fly tipping all over Cardiff, some people are beyond words, or beyond the words allowed on here anyway, contrast that behaviour with Lewisant and all the other health/social carers up and down the country.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #814 on: April 03, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
When this is all over we must not forget the brilliant staff of the NHS.  I would gladly pay a bit more tax, to pay for a massive pay rise for them.
I am with you on that.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #815 on: April 03, 2020, 02:32:14 PM »
Don't worry, we will all be paying more tax after this, big bill to be paid.
Baggie in Southampton

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #816 on: April 03, 2020, 03:03:33 PM »
Don't worry, we will all be paying more tax after this, big bill to be paid.

To be totally honest, I'm more concerned at what state the UK will be in on the other side of Covid19 than as things stand.

I understand that may be seen as mental but I am very concerned.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #817 on: April 03, 2020, 03:59:09 PM »
684 more deaths in the UK in the last 24 hours.  :o

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #818 on: April 03, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
To be totally honest, I'm more concerned at what state the UK will be in on the other side of Covid19 than as things stand.

I understand that may be seen as mental but I am very concerned.
No you are not, I agree, we are in for a rough ride all round, the "old" system was broken by the financial crash, this is ripping off the bandages, and there's still the consequences of the other matter that shall not be mentioned to factor in for good or bad.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #819 on: April 03, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »
No you are not, I agree, we are in for a rough ride all round, the "old" system was broken by the financial crash, this is ripping off the bandages, and there's still the consequences of the other matter that shall not be mentioned to factor in for good or bad.

This crisis makes the 'matter-that-shall-not-be-named' look pretty irrelevant. If you think it's going to be grim here - it is - just imagine what it's going to be like on the other side of the Channel. Carnage.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #820 on: April 03, 2020, 04:28:48 PM »
This crisis makes the 'matter-that-shall-not-be-named' look pretty irrelevant. If you think it's going to be grim here - it is - just imagine what it's going to be like on the other side of the Channel. Carnage.

Not just the other side of the Channel, it will be carnage world wide I would say.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #821 on: April 03, 2020, 04:57:24 PM »
Well, chaps if the passing of my father-in-law wasn't bad enough, the care home he was in phoned this morning to advise he had tested positive for Covid-19.

As you may be able to appreciate, my wife and I are now concerned about our own health and welfare. We have a long 14 days in front of us, as the incubation period is 5-14 days, we are two days into that timescale. Every time we visited him we were provided with PPE, face mask, apron, gloves and hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the building, but one never knows.

Our children are obviously concerned and have bought fruit, vitamin tablets with zinc that contain C and D vitamins, pain killers. I also suffer a little with asthma, but have sufficient supply of inhalers to hand.

My eldest son works for a guy whose wife is high up in the nursing profession her in the UK and my daughter, in Australia, has friends in the medical profession and their combined advice, which I thought I'd share with you, just in case, is

1. Drink lots of hot water on its own
2. Drink hot water with a slice of lemon in it
3. Take Vitamin C and D, fruit or tablets, Pineapple is rich in vitamin C
4. Keep exercising
5. Eat Garlic raw or cooked, but with other food
6. Take your temperature regularly
7. Test regular with a finger Oximeter (blood/oxygen levels and pulse rate)
8. If you've had a TB injection that is thought to reduce the impact of C19
9. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets
10. Pray

Who knows if this will help, but you have to hope, firstly, you aren't infected and secondly, if you are, that they do provide help and relief in avoiding the worst onset of the virus.

If you know of any other suggestions that you think may help or be useful, then I implore you please share with others

Please take care of yourselves don't go out, we know we've been in contact with it, if you go out the likely hood is you wont know if you've been in contact with it, which might be marginal better than out situation.

Stay safe and well
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #822 on: April 03, 2020, 06:15:55 PM »
Not just the other side of the Channel, it will be carnage world wide I would say.

I don’t agree with a lot of what you say Kev (I hope I can call you that) but I do believe that we will have a massive economic crash the like the World has never seen before.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #823 on: April 03, 2020, 06:31:23 PM »
Well, chaps if the passing of my father-in-law wasn't bad enough, the care home he was in phoned this morning to advise he had tested positive for Covid-19.

As you may be able to appreciate, my wife and I are now concerned about our own health and welfare. We have a long 14 days in front of us, as the incubation period is 5-14 days, we are two days into that timescale. Every time we visited him we were provided with PPE, face mask, apron, gloves and hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the building, but one never knows.

Our children are obviously concerned and have bought fruit, vitamin tablets with zinc that contain C and D vitamins, pain killers. I also suffer a little with asthma, but have sufficient supply of inhalers to hand.

My eldest son works for a guy whose wife is high up in the nursing profession her in the UK and my daughter, in Australia, has friends in the medical profession and their combined advice, which I thought I'd share with you, just in case, is

1. Drink lots of hot water on its own
2. Drink hot water with a slice of lemon in it
3. Take Vitamin C and D, fruit or tablets, Pineapple is rich in vitamin C
4. Keep exercising
5. Eat Garlic raw or cooked, but with other food
6. Take your temperature regularly
7. Test regular with a finger Oximeter (blood/oxygen levels and pulse rate)
8. If you've had a TB injection that is thought to reduce the impact of C19
9. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets
10. Pray

Who knows if this will help, but you have to hope, firstly, you aren't infected and secondly, if you are, that they do provide help and relief in avoiding the worst onset of the virus.

If you know of any other suggestions that you think may help or be useful, then I implore you please share with others

Please take care of yourselves don't go out, we know we've been in contact with it, if you go out the likely hood is you wont know if you've been in contact with it, which might be marginal better than out situation.

Stay safe and well

Don't wish to be contrary but I thought ibuprofen was not a good idea if you get it. Condolences and best wishes to you both.
Baggie in Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #824 on: April 03, 2020, 06:38:24 PM »
I'm currently in day 6 of a 7 day isolation. I felt extremely ill on Saturday night and all day Sunday. The fever broke after about 48 hours and I have been on full bed rest since. I am in vulnerable group.

I drank plenty of water, regulated body temperature (something which is counter intuitive), paracetamol every 4 hours, no caffeine, simple and plain foods (dry toast, broths).

It's been a testing week but I'm coming out the other side and looking forward to a short constitutional tomorrow.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.