Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184101 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2020, 02:37:01 PM »
Died unfortunately now 10 in U.K.  two in London today  . 590 positives  biggest daily rise yet
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:56:02 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
Just popped out to get a box of tea bags from the local Morrisons.
Empty shelves. People with large trolleys packed high.
Basically no pasta, tinned goods, long life milk.
What about the people who live from week to week?
They will find it hard to get their basics because of the hoarders.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
The 2 people who have died today both had underlying serious health issues which seems to be the case with those who have unfortunately died.

The mass panic and over-reaction from some is pathetic, yes we should all be concerned but also sensible, wash your hands and be sensible about things. I've been sat in Starbucks for 4/5 hours a day for the last 3 weeks or so due to no net at home until next week, the state of the toilets is a disgrace and shows some are still not doing the basics but the place is still rammed every day and some are doing what they need to do.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2020, 04:38:15 PM »
Just popped out to get a box of tea bags from the local Morrisons.
Empty shelves. People with large trolleys packed high.
Basically no pasta, tinned goods, long life milk.
What about the people who live from week to week?
They will find it hard to get their basics because of the hoarders.

Unfortunately it's all about Me Me Me with these greedy Barstewards.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »
It's a little surreal and like watching a disaster movie unfold in front of your eyes.

But I honestly believe we each have it within our "washed" hands to defeat this contagion.

OldburyWBA mentioned Starbucks toilets, but some of our hospitals toilets are no better.

"Cleanliness is next to godlessness" as the old adage goes 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:05 PM »
Godliness

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2020, 05:56:27 PM »
Is this fixation to close the schools on par with buying toilet roll as a means to defeat/cope with the disease?
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2020, 06:11:24 PM »
Godliness

Indeed, I pray for forgivenesness  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »
The 2 people who have died today both had underlying serious health issues which seems to be the case with those who have unfortunately died.

The mass panic and over-reaction from some is pathetic, yes we should all be concerned but also sensible, wash your hands and be sensible about things. I've been sat in Starbucks for 4/5 hours a day for the last 3 weeks or so due to no net at home until next week, the state of the toilets is a disgrace and shows some are still not doing the basics but the place is still rammed every day and some are doing what they need to do.

This virus spreads mostly through the air. Most folks who get it won't be very sick, but a very large percentage will. 3% death rate is staggering. That's 3 people out of 100. Flu is 1 in 1000.

So it's not so much about 'most people', it's about the deadliness of the virus for elderly, diabetics, heavy smokers, asthma/lung patients, cancer patients and so on. If 'most people' don't take care they will infect the vulnerable for whom the risk is FAR greater.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:38 PM »
Two newspapers were on the floor of a newsagents, when someone put down a paper bag by the side of them.
One newspaper said to the other, "Watch out, I think he's a carrier".
Just to lighten the mood a bit.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2020, 07:57:32 PM »
I went to Truro today and it was really freakishly quiet. Starbucks was empty asides from us and another table.

Then i went to Tescos in Redruth and there was no paracetamol, no hand sanitiser gel and toilet roll shelves looking bare. I only wanted one of each to contribute to the care home i manage and 1 for myself if possible but i've had to buy paracetamol with caffeine as it was all Superdrug had and i couldn't get anything else.

As a Manager of a Care home i find it pretty sad that regular folk are hoarding this stuff while we can't actually safeguard vulnerable adults in care and there aren't any contingency plans. I know people have said about rubs etc but it's not as simple as that when caring for people with autism, mental health and challenging behaviours unfortunately.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »
The link below is to an interactive map of the UK that shows how many cases of Corvid-19 there are in an area.

So, you can find out how many cases there are in your county for instance. Not sure how accurate it is, but thought it might be useful

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/coronavirus-where-you-live-check-the-number-of-cases-in-your-area-with-our-interactive-map/

Additionally, the link below is an interview with a guy who has recovered from Corvid-19 and he explains what it was like.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51858845?at_campaign=64&at_custom3=%40BBCNews&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=E4590B82-6498-11EA-8C95-2BB94744363C
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:43:47 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2020, 09:19:38 PM »
I went to the university in Worcester today for some physio, no hand sanitiser gel in the 4 dispensers in the place, bloody disgusting. >:(
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2020, 12:12:35 AM »
I went to the university in Worcester today for some physio, no hand sanitiser gel in the 4 dispensers in the place, bloody disgusting. >:(

I'm tempted to say members of the public have been liberating the contents of said dispensers into containers for their own use. However, I was in A+E at the QE during November and there was no sanitiser in the dispensers back then. Further to this there was fugg all in the toilets when I went for an appointment last month either. I'm going in for a scan on Sunday afternoon, I'll keep you posted  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
I'm tempted to say members of the public have been liberating the contents of said dispensers into containers for their own use. However, I was in A+E at the QE during November and there was no sanitiser in the dispensers back then. Further to this there was fugg all in the toilets when I went for an appointment last month either. I'm going in for a scan on Sunday afternoon, I'll keep you posted  ;) .

That has been 100% happening at Royal Cornwall Hospital down here. You were probably joking but it's genuinely happened!

So Hudson-Odoi positive for coronavirus too.

I've had my first argument with a friend about it! Told me i was overreacting by researching it and spending the day putting contingency plans in place in the Residential Care home i manage and am therefore legally responsible for and I'm registered with the CQC (Care Quality Comission). I was in shock really, on a personal level i haven't changed a lot, normal amounts of toilet roll purchased, I wanted a hand sanitiser gel but couldn't get one. Anyway, in the home i manage we have 3 young men with autism and LD so they will likely be fine apart from 1 of them who has severe epilepsy, has had pneumonia, is susceptible to chest infections and has a number of underlying health issues. He has a short life predicted and he is the absolute embodiment of a vulnerable person. Everything we do in work now has to be led by this young man's needs. When i was told i was overreacting i was so angry. All i'm doing is trying to make him safe and I think that's what we all need to do, make the most vulnerable people we know safe.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2020, 09:31:25 AM »
anybody know of any one personally who has got this yet, most of us are going to get this virus i suspect. its quite possibly going to be around year on year
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 09:33:47 AM by WBAinDEVON »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »
FOOTBALL: All Champions League and Europa League matches next week are off!
Uefa have just confirmed.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »
Ben Rumsby
✔
@ben_rumsby
Premier League, EFL and FA all preparing statements confirming suspension of football in England.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
Ben Rumsby
✔
@ben_rumsby
Premier League, EFL and FA all preparing statements confirming suspension of football in England.

I thought the PL meeting started at 10.30?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »
A very interesting take from Prof. Graham Medley about the modelling of the coronavirus spread and herd immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blkDulsgh3Q
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »
Ben Rumsby
✔
@ben_rumsby

Villa again are going to jam it and yet again it'll be at our expense won't it?  >:(

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2020, 11:23:16 AM »
on the back of current news i now expect proper panic buying

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2020, 11:30:48 AM »
on the back of current news i now expect proper panic buying

So what do I need to buy because of the panic buyers and will that make me a panic buyer?!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2020, 11:46:52 AM »
So what do I need to buy because of the panic buyers and will that make me a panic buyer?!

spend twice as much i suppose, no pasta in asda apparently

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2020, 02:16:49 PM »
That has been 100% happening at Royal Cornwall Hospital down here. You were probably joking but it's genuinely happened!...........

Not entirely joking, just acknowledging that it's an ongoing problem. As an aside I was in a Tesco's not far from where I live earlier. No bog roll on the shelves at all but the kitchen roll was being snapped up. You just know people are going to be clogging the sewers with the stuff. Popped into the loo for a pee on the way out and a chap was stuffing the bog roll from there into a holdall. Couldn't help myself, just burst out laughing, shook my head and called him a female sex part (or words to that effect). I'd only popped in to the shop to pick up my prescription - of laxatives (Molaxole/Macrogol)!

No s**t, well not for a good while anyway  ;D ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5rbPlsdHw
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.