Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 265244 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Doesn’t say anything on there about no tv broadcasts mate , games will be on sky , sky will make sure of that , if anyone’s going to make money out of this it will be sky tv  :D

Think the main difference between here and Italy is 200 people have died from the virus there where as 2 have died from it here .

The argument last night was, "there's no point in playing matches behind closed doors if fans are going the gather at the pub to watch on tv".
IMO it looks as though contingencies are being made to discourage gatherings of any sort if the situation passes a certain threshold.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

I’m waiting for someone to explain that coronavirus has got 10 difficult matches and the most points it can get is 92 ,but we have a better goal difference so it shouldn’t affect our season 😃
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BB74

• Senior Baggie

I was looking into Swine Flu yesterday off the back of this and wondered if it was still kicking around. To my amazement it is! It has now been merged into the ‘seasonal flu’ grouping and it just constantly goes round.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

You cannot handshake at the start of a match.....but every player shook hands at the end....stupid bloody world we live in.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

On the stream I watched the commentator pointed out they weren't shaking hands meanwhile it cuts to Bilic shaking hands with all the opposition coaches

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

On the stream I watched the commentator pointed out they weren't shaking hands meanwhile it cuts to Bilic shaking hands with all the opposition coaches
Normally Slav shakes hands with everyone at a press conference. Recently, he just did the 'jazz hands' beforehand. Nothing wrong with handshakes. Just remember not to stick your fingers in your gob. Or rub your beard. It’s a hard habit to break.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the government meeting tomorrow. With the escalation in Italy, I think we need to head into the 'delay' stage quickly and I feel some sport going behind closed doors is getting more likely.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the government meeting tomorrow. With the escalation in Italy, I think we need to head into the 'delay' stage quickly and I feel some sport going behind closed doors is getting more likely.

Looks like its already decided that the Wolves v Olympiakos games is to be played behind closed doors this week.
I'd expect our sport admin bodies to follow suit quite quickly unless they deem the money more important
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Has an air of inevitability about it now. Just hope they see sense and play the season out, whatever happens.
As much as I'd love to see Liverpool's bubble burst, to void the season now would be absolute madness and would have a knock on effect right down to non-league.
If we go behind closed doors Sky should transfer the games to Sky Sports Mix or even Sky 1 to open them up to a wider audience and restrict the temptation of public gatherings.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

Has an air of inevitability about it now. Just hope they see sense and play the season out, whatever happens.
As much as I'd love to see Liverpool's bubble burst, to void the season now would be absolute madness and would have a knock on effect right down to non-league.
If we go behind closed doors Sky should transfer the games to Sky Sports Mix or even Sky 1 to open them up to a wider audience and restrict the temptation of public gatherings.

Also; if we go to games behind closed doors; will that lift the reason for the Saturday 3pm restriction and aim to get more games on TV/streaming. Or just get around it by moving a lot of matches at short notice outside of the 3pm slot as only those directly involved with the game could be impacted.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

The world has officially gone mad..... right now dozens of planes are arriving in the UK from Italy and nobody is being checked. About 17 left Milan for London yesterday and everyone just walked straight through....and quite likely straight on to the tubes and taxis into the west end. 5 million use the undergound every working day. This virus has a two week incubation period.

I give up.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:30:26 PM by miggybaggy »

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

The world has officially gone mad..... right now dozens of planes are arriving in the UK from Italy and nobody is being checked. About 17 left Milan for London yesterday and everyone just walked straight through....and quite likely straight on to the tubes and taxis into the west end. 5 million use the undergound every working day. This virus has a two week incubation period.

I give up.

The advise is all those people should self-quarantine even if they have no symptoms. They need to get from the airport to their home somehow.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

I don't think the season will be completed "normally"now, but there will only be 6 games left after next week, so I expect some way will be found to get there, behind closed doors maybe

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Today my workplace began 'senior management contingency planning' for a possible two week closure starting at any-point in the next four weeks and probably with minimal warning.
 ???
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

I am not sure if it is a risk to our promotion, as the likelihood is the season will be extended- which would favour us over other teams- time to get our relatively strong squad fully fit.  However, I think that Brentford will be the last match played with a crowd for a while, and possibly the last match per se for a while. 

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Today my workplace began 'senior management contingency planning' for a possible two week closure starting at any-point in the next four weeks and probably with minimal warning.
 ???

I suggest 2 weeks is optimistic, our chinese suppliers workers left in Jan and a lot are still not back, also the HK / Shenzhen border is still virtually closed.

Despite what the media is saying this is NOT a 2 week problem. It maybe for an individual, but not for a community. 
If you know any old folks on their own, let them know you are available if needed as they will be worried sick at the moment and some re-assurance might go a long way.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

I am not sure if it is a risk to our promotion, as the likelihood is the season will be extended- which would favour us over other teams- time to get our relatively strong squad fully fit.  However, I think that Brentford will be the last match played with a crowd for a while, and possibly the last match per se for a while.

I think we may get through till the Sheffield Wednesday game with a crowd then there’s a two week break anyway . Could be a lot longer

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

As of tonight I doubt competitive football across Europe will continue much longer. If the season completes at all in England it will be behind closed doors.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

As of tonight I doubt competitive football across Europe will continue much longer. If the season completes at all in England it will be behind closed doors.
Yes the rumours are that we are now close to the delay phase and that will surely mean behind closed doors matches. Some of tomorrow's papers are reporting this will happen with season ticket holders getting special access to watch streams.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Yes the rumours are that we are now close to the delay phase and that will surely mean behind closed doors matches. Some of tomorrow's papers are reporting this will happen with season ticket holders getting special access to watch streams.

At this juncture football is the most important thing of the unimportant things and the only important thing is doing what is right to mitigate the biggest single threat to public health in my lifetime.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

royhan

• WBA Coach

After today's COBRA meeting it looks as if the Government will ramp up the measures to try and stop the spread of the disease. If playing matches behind closed doors is considered necessary then no one can really complain.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

After today's COBRA meeting it looks as if the Government will ramp up the measures to try and stop the spread of the disease. If playing matches behind closed doors is considered necessary then no one can really complain.

Just reading that the NBA have suspended their season until further notice
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Sources from the Times indicating all matches in England to be played behind closed doors from as early as today.

Well...at least our players won't be feeling any 'pressure' of expectation from our home fans (if that was ever a thing).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:11:59 AM by Critical Baggie »
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Hmmmmm just musing aloud and not wishing to sound churlish but if I miss the last few home games due to being locked out do I get an equivalent discount on next seasons season ticket?
I assume that similarly if locked out a refund is due to me on the two away match and travel tickets sitting in my wallet ATM?
Be a bit daft to buy away tickets and travel for anything else going forward until the situation is clarified
Fresh thought now I'm on a roll, could the cup final be played behind closed doors?
It's also going to be very difficult times for those smaller clubs who need the income from the concessions as well as ticket sales
Fingers crossed for every one and everything but only after having washed them whilst humming 'happy birthday to me' a few times!
COYB 
PS for clarity and to answer the OP question, no it's not a threat its just that there is a good chance many/most/all of us won't be there to enjoy it in person
PPS There is an assumption here that only supporters can catch or transmit Covid 19 to others and that professional footballers or the support staff of a football club are somehow magically immune!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:41:55 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)