Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 639037 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 12:05:16 PM »
well he respects the cups, he tries to play football and attack so that's more than pulis
he referred to us as one of the traditional historic clubs not little old Albion

he needs to rebuild his stock unless he doesn't plan on working again...

not sure about john carver...

wasn't my choice and I doubt he was the choice of many others however he gets a clean slate and my support, hopefully we can get out of this mess and move onwards and upwards.

good luck Alan. if you try to play football the right way and you get us working our way up the league and have a go at the cups and get us to a cup final that were long overdue you wont go far wrong
O Albion we love you

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »

FFS who? Man United? Liverpool, Arsenal? Man City?

He's not going to get any of those jobs and other than nine or ten clubs Albion are as big as it gets in England.

Lets stop this small time mentality please. If fans talk us down what do they expect from everyone else?

Clean slate for Mr Pardew. Lets all unite and behind the club properly.

Well said! He's known to like using wide players, and that alone fills me with optimism after the misery of the Pulis regime.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
First thing , drop the FFS attitude.
I'll explain my view , when Palace hit top form you couldn't keep Pardew out the press and he was all over the England job like a rash . He thinks he's cut out for bigger things , certainly before he got booted at Palace anyway.
I have no issue with that , theres little loyalty these days.
I do believe though as much as I hate small Albion attitude , if the likes of Everton come calling he'd go I'm sure.
Its called reality , I don't like it but unless Mr Lai pumps millions in we are what we are.
Back on topic , as you say clean slate and good luck to him.

You're lucky there are not more FFS attitudes on here. Some of the things you read and the criticisms are absolutely mind boggling sometimes you only have to look at the attitude some fans have towards Gary Megson, it's enough to drive you to drink. That is a general comment you understand and not directed personally at you.

Everton are appointing Allardyce and to be honest with you I'm glad we've got Pardew over Allardyce. Given the choice I'd choose Pardew. Anyway Pardew isn't going there and won't go there. If he leaves us for a genuine top six club you can understand it but I'd challenge you to find me one manager that wouldn't leave us for a Champions League club.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 12:12:37 PM »
Here we go again a few hours into the job and it's doom and gloom from some. Give the bloke a chance   >:(

totally agree Kev. its not going to be an easy start but we all have to get behind all concerned now
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 12:17:03 PM »

You're lucky there are not more FFS attitudes on here. Some of the things you read and the criticisms are absolutely mind boggling sometimes you only have to look at the attitude some fans have towards Gary Megson, it's enough to drive you to drink. That is a general comment you understand and not directed personally at you.

Everton are appointing Allardyce and to be honest with you I'm glad we've got Pardew over Allardyce. Given the choice I'd choose Pardew. Anyway Pardew isn't going there and won't go there. If he leaves us for a genuine top six club you can understand it but I'd challenge you to find me one manager that wouldn't leave us for a Champions League club.
Top 6 or not money talks , already this morning I've read from a good source theres little to spend unless some go first in January.
You don't have to tell me about some views on Megson but this is a forum and not Facebook or Twitter and we have certain standards how to debate with people. Thats for all of us not aimed at you mate.  There are some crazy views but everybody can have their say in the right manner , feeling are running high no doubt after last night and in fairness with Pardew getting the job. That said like Irvine and Pulis he should be given time.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 12:18:55 PM »
Top 6 or not money talks , already this morning I've read from a good source theres little to spend unless some go first in January.
You don't have to tell me about some views on Megson but this is a forum and not Facebook or Twitter and we have certain standards how to debate with people. Thats for all of us not aimed at you mate. There are some crazy views but everybody can have their say in the right manner , feeling are running high no doubt after last night and in fairness with Pardew getting the job. That said like Irvine and Pulis he should be given time.

Yes understood mate, no problem  ;)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »
Is this the same Alan Pardew that got Newcastle to 5th in the Premier league and won manager of the year for 2012? The same bloke who got to two FA Cup finals and a League Cup final? The same bloke who got Newcastle into Europe?  And already our pre conceived views and ideas condemn him as no good?

Not sure exactly who you were expecting, and he wasn't my first choice, but I would say he has a proven Premiership record so why don't we just unite and get behind him?

Welcome to the club Alan!!!!
MAGA!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »

Yes understood mate, no problem  ;)
Thanks mate  :D

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »
Ticks every post Pulis box for me, looking forward to Saturday.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 12:26:40 PM »
Welcome to the club Alan

personally think this will be a decent appointment, a polar opposite of what Pulis is\was and we will see a dramatic improvement in style of play

Not my first choice however I dont think its a bad choice either

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
As has been said on many occasions, we have too many Championship quality players in our squad, hence the poor results. I hope Pardew has the funds to put this right in January.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »
Is this the same Alan Pardew that got Newcastle to 5th in the Premier league and won manager of the year for 2012? The same bloke who got to two FA Cup finals and a League Cup final? The same bloke who got Newcastle into Europe?  And already our pre conceived views and ideas condemn him as no good?

Not sure exactly who you were expecting, and he wasn't my first choice, but I would say he has a proven Premiership record so why don't we just unite and get behind him?

Yes chap, the same boom and bust Alan Pardew who tends to lose his balance and fall from a cliff on the other side. In fairness I don't know what I expected either, just hoped we weren't going to continue with the Prem' merry go round. It's just so stale, unimaginative and bloody boring. Add Mr Carver and I'm distinctly underwhelmed.

Anyway, it is what it is.........COYfnBs  ;D  ;) .

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
As has been said on many occasions, we have too many Championship quality players in our squad, hence the poor results. I hope Pardew has the funds to put this right in January.

Nope, as was mentioned in the press the other day it's sell to buy.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »
The club pay someone (Hammond and pals) a lot of money to make the most boring uninspiring predictable appointment. And before the usual comments when Pulis was up for dismissal not one person on here or anywhere else said ‘I reckon we should sack Pulis and get ‘Pards’ in’.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »
I seem to recall another of our previous managerial appointments needed to fix his 'damaged' reputation and we were the perfect stepping stone to do that - I give you Roy Hodgson.

As with any new appointment - might not be your first choice, but if he succeeds then we'll be in a better position than we are now, and if not he'll get the boot - and no-one sets out to take a job they think they can't do do they ?

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
To be honest I don't rate Pardew highly in the past but he will get my full support now.
It is hoped that he can save us from relegation, just like what he did at Crystal Palace in 2014-15 season.

Welcome Alan. Come on Albion!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:42:06 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »
All good with me. Considering the situation we are in.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 12:41:22 PM »
good appointment, can only be an improvement upon his predecessor. I feel REALLY good about this.

Welcome Alan, good luck

If he is confident in Carvers ability as a coach, then thats good enough for me.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »

Means nothing.
Pulis did some of those things as well when at Stoke doesn't mean to say he'll do it here

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »
Pardew dancing on the touchline when we score and headbutting the opposition manager when we concede  8)
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
Pardew dancing on the touchline when we score and headbutting the opposition manager when we concede  8)

what Roy Hodgson :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »
Means nothing.
Pulis did some of those things as well when at Stoke doesn't mean to say he'll do it here

Well that's me told.

Lets just wait and see.......

MAGA!

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »
I'll reserve judgement until he has had a number of games under his belt but it's a sad indictment that clubs will mostly resort to the same old faces on the Premiership merry-go-round in the belief that only they could have a realistic chance of keeping teams in the Premiership whether pre-season or mid-season. Moyes was a spectacular failure at Sunderland for example.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2017, 12:54:42 PM »
Happy with that what else did we expect . He knows the league  most players who have worked with him say good things . Gets my full suport least we got someone in quick and not messed about for a month . Lets hope this gives the club and players a lift .

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2017, 12:55:01 PM »
I'll reserve judgement until he has had a number of games under his belt but it's a sad indictment that clubs will mostly resort to the same old faces on the Premiership merry-go-round in the belief that only they could have a realistic chance of keeping teams in the Premiership whether pre-season or mid-season. Moyes was a spectacular failure at Sunderland for example.

Everyone fails at Sunderland that club is a mess.